Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: All-New Falcon Debuts in Marvel Comics' January 2016 Solicitations

Get an early, exclusive look at the January solicitations for "Captain America: Sam Wilson," "Invincible Iron Man" and more!

Full article here.

I wasn't planning to read it but Spencer's really making a case for adding Sam Wilson to my pull list.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Could it be Patriot?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Who wants to bet on which kind of minority the new Falcon will be? (jk...mostly)
    Cyclops was right

Way to go solicit for spoiling who exactly Ms. Marvel will be going up against first in this new arc.

On the other hand, we know that Ms. Marvel will be going up against Real Estate Agents. EEEEEVIL Real Estate Agents.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

I thougth it was an All-New Falcon comic...

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Cliff Chiang's Ms. Marvel covers have been looking great so far for the first three issues. Also looks like Bruno will play a major role as well, as his name is mentioned in the solicits more often now and he shows up on the cover of the second issue.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Could it be Patriot?
    that's what I thought.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Who wants to bet on which kind of minority the new Falcon will be? (jk...mostly)
    Swerve, he's going to be white.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Could it be Patriot?
    Hope so, would love to see Eli make a return!
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Tony's life is turned upside down again? Oh my, and only five issues into the All-New All-Different universe! This guy needs to get some structure in his life.
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Swerve, he's going to be white.
    Fun fact: that almost happened.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=31624

Brevoort: I think it's certainly the go-to expectation, but it all depends on how well something works. You just put me in the mind of something -- years ago now, a good ten years ago, Christopher Priest and I discussed doing a Falcon project that was going to be "the white Falcon." He was going to put a white guy in the Falcon costume and do a story with him and Sam. It would have been a flip on the paradigm, particularly from the '80s and '90s, of taking a midlist, white, blonde-haired superhero and replacing him with an African American substitute in the same duds.

I wanted American Eagle to be Cap's partner. Guess it could be him.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I guess even with his face restored, Doom still takes out the mask when he needs to.

But, "his life turned upside down..." couldn't mean Tony's revealed to be related to Von Doom? That would totally go over well .

Curious to see who the new Falcon is. Would be awesome if it's Eli .
    Last edited by Frontier; 10-19-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Could it be Patriot?
    Probably. Because just using Patriot as is would be stupid. He obviously needs to use a ID that will be taken over by it's previous owner once the previous owner of that ID takes it back.

Thank the Godz that Marvel actually built up and made new characters in the 70's and 80's or there wouldn't be any of these names for characters to co-op now.

You will never get new iconic characters by constantly swapping identities. People wonder why there will ever be another Batman or Spider-Man. We wouldn't have those either if they would have taken on a new identity when their sales slumped. I seriously doubt we'd still be reading about Bruce Wayne: The All-New Shadow or Peter Parker, Teen-aged Captain America still.

Sure, those are extreme examples but that's exactly what Marvel is doing by constantly swapping identities around. All it does is make them second-rate footnotes instead of their own viable properties.
    I also know that this is where we get all the "new characters don't sell" stuff..... well, neither do the established heroes either. They wouldn't be replacing Cap and Thor if they tore up the sales charts and the only reason they haven't replaced Tony Stark yet is because Marvel has a hard-on for RDJ. 30,000 sales is crap no matter who is wearing the suits.

Not picking on you, just using your post for a springboard for my regularly scheduled "legacy heroes/identity swaps just cause more damage and/or are just laziness and I can't stand it" posts.

I would be all over a Falcon and Patriot book. That would be awesome. Fake Cap and Fake Falcon...not so much.