Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Falcon looks white to me. Would be nice if it turned out to be an Ultimate refugee. [EDIT: on closer inspection, it's ambiguous. Looked white from a distance]

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Tony's life is turned upside down again? Oh my, and only five issues into the All-New All-Different universe! This guy needs to get some structure in his life.
    Seeing as it turned upside down pretty recently, shouldn't this mean it will now be turned the right way up again?
    Last edited by Cloudman; 10-19-2015 at 01:57 PM.

It'd be kinda cool if they tied him into the Golden Age Falcon somehow.

834917-falcon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Jones View Post
    Probably. Because just using Patriot as is would be stupid. He obviously needs to use a ID that will be taken over by it's previous owner once the previous owner of that ID takes it back.

Thank the Godz that Marvel actually built up and made new characters in the 70's and 80's or there wouldn't be any of these names for characters to co-op now.

You will never get new iconic characters by constantly swapping identities. People wonder why there will ever be another Batman or Spider-Man. We wouldn't have those either if they would have taken on a new identity when their sales slumped. I seriously doubt we'd still be reading about Bruce Wayne: The All-New Shadow or Peter Parker, Teen-aged Captain America still.

Sure, those are extreme examples but that's exactly what Marvel is doing by constantly swapping identities around. All it does is make them second-rate footnotes instead of their own viable properties.
    I also know that this is where we get all the "new characters don't sell" stuff..... well, neither do the established heroes either. They wouldn't be replacing Cap and Thor if they tore up the sales charts and the only reason they haven't replaced Tony Stark yet is because Marvel has a hard-on for RDJ. 30,000 sales is crap no matter who is wearing the suits.

Not picking on you, just using your post for a springboard for my regularly scheduled "legacy heroes/identity swaps just cause more damage and/or are just laziness and I can't stand it" posts.

I would be all over a Falcon and Patriot book. That would be awesome. Fake Cap and Fake Falcon...not so much.
    *drops mic*

Looks more like a rejected Gatchaman redesign.

So is Sam gonna lose the wings or will there be two heroes with wings?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    So is Sam gonna lose the wings or will there be two heroes with wings?
    There's already a lot more than two heroes with wings, why would Sam lose his now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Jones View Post
    Probably. Because just using Patriot as is would be stupid. He obviously needs to use a ID that will be taken over by it's previous owner once the previous owner of that ID takes it back.

Thank the Godz that Marvel actually built up and made new characters in the 70's and 80's or there wouldn't be any of these names for characters to co-op now.

You will never get new iconic characters by constantly swapping identities. People wonder why there will ever be another Batman or Spider-Man. We wouldn't have those either if they would have taken on a new identity when their sales slumped. I seriously doubt we'd still be reading about Bruce Wayne: The All-New Shadow or Peter Parker, Teen-aged Captain America still.

Sure, those are extreme examples but that's exactly what Marvel is doing by constantly swapping identities around. All it does is make them second-rate footnotes instead of their own viable properties.
    I also know that this is where we get all the "new characters don't sell" stuff..... well, neither do the established heroes either. They wouldn't be replacing Cap and Thor if they tore up the sales charts and the only reason they haven't replaced Tony Stark yet is because Marvel has a hard-on for RDJ. 30,000 sales is crap no matter who is wearing the suits.

Not picking on you, just using your post for a springboard for my regularly scheduled "legacy heroes/identity swaps just cause more damage and/or are just laziness and I can't stand it" posts.

I would be all over a Falcon and Patriot book. That would be awesome. Fake Cap and Fake Falcon...not so much.
    Very insightful post. I think the key thing for promoting minor characters to major ones is creative team. Unfortunately, there's a transition period for that kind of thing and the character is unlikely to ever sell as much as Spidey. There's just not much of an incentive for Marvel to do this when they can drum up publicity with a legacy character, relying on the title's established fanbase. It's sad, because it makes for some fairly lacklustre stories most of the time, but it's the state of Marvel Comics at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Seeing as it turned upside down pretty recently, shouldn't this mean it will now be turned the right way up again?
    Haha! Yes of course you're right. It's a good thing that after all that nasty Secret Wars business Doctor Doom is here to crush Tony's skull with his purple magic and set everything right.
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    There's already a lot more than two heroes with wings, why would Sam lose his now?
    Just referring to this one book. A flying Cap and a flying Falcon?

why do i have this not so great feeling that the new Falcon is going to be D-man?

Yeah, and who gets the bird?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    I thougth it was an All-New Falcon comic...
    That's what i was hoping it was....`

No weirder than a fire-controlling Jim Hammond and a fire-controlling Toro. And we don't even know what his role in the book will be. Ally? Enemy? Something in-between?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    why do i have this not so great feeling that the new Falcon is going to be D-man?
    Given that there's nothing about this character that is D-Man-esque in the least, I think you'll be okay. Where's his beard? Why does his skin tone look darker?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess even with his face restored, Doom still takes out the mask when he needs to.

But, "his life turned upside down..." couldn't mean Tony's revealed to be related to Von Doom? That would totally go over well .
    I think the cover could be symbolic and Victor's pulling out the old Ovoid Mind Transfer trick on Tony

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Swerve, he's going to be white.
    My personal choice would be John Walker. Given the political spin this book is taking I think he'd be funny.