Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Which ANAD Marvel books do you think will get canceled first?

With about 60 books either debuting or relaunching for ANAD Marvel, there's bound to be some that get the axe. Which one's do you think will go first?
    I'm gonna say the first one's to go are:

Carnage
    Karnak
    Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
    Maybe Vision

MG & DD and Vision. Karnak depends on how long Ellis is on and who follows him. Gaiman would be an interesting choice. I'd like to see him work on Inhumans in general.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Illuminatti
    Howling Commandos
    Weirdworld

I mean, no one even remember that this are coming, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    MG & DD and Vision. Karnak depends on how long Ellis is on and who follows him. Gaiman would be an interesting choice. I'd like to see him work on Inhumans in general.
    With Ellis we'll be luck to get six issues out of him. Gaiman would be awesome, but I don't see that happening.

Incredible Member

I thought they were doing all these series in 12 issue seasons. So many of these titles might not return after the first year anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BANNED

Illuminati
    Karnak (Ellis will hop off after the first arc and then the book will bomb)
    Red Wolf
    Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
    Howling Commandos of SHIELD
    Nova
    All-New Hawkeye
    Angela: Queen of Hel
    Carnage
    Starbrand and Nightmask
    Spider-Woman

It's a shame, but I don't think any of these books will see a 13th issue. Could be wrong though (and I hope I am).

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I was going to say of all the books to fall under the Avengers 'brand', the Ultimates would be the first to go but then they wouldn't want to lose the Ultimates name after salvaging it from the remains of the Ultimates Universe so they will probably renamed it Iron Man and the Ultimates or the Avengers Ultimates.

Yeah, I'm really nervous for Hawkeye and Spider-Woman since there sales just aren't good.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Angela, Drax, and Carnage seem most likely to me. Vision despite what I expect to be poor sales will be allowed to continue since he's a movie character. All X-books will stick around from sales I think; there are too few of them and so many dedicated readers that I imagine they'll get good numbers.

Oh, Venom and Howling Commandos as well.
    Last edited by weezer17; 10-19-2015 at 03:59 PM.
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Karnak (Ellis will hop off after the first arc and then the book will bomb)
    Sadly, a very accurate guess I think. As a hardcore Complexer, this was the one Inhuman book I was looking forward to the most!
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Black Knight, probably.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    I thought they were doing all these series in 12 issue seasons. So many of these titles might not return after the first year anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Something like that. Assuming there's another relaunch in a year or two, I think just about all them can make it that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Black Knight, probably.
    I swear I saw it confirmed somewhere that Black Knight is meant to be a six-issue mini. I'm guessing things like Carnage and Karnak are also six-eight issue minis in disguise, too.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

I would say...

Carnage: Looking forward to it but it just seems like a story that isn't meant to last longer then 1 "season"

Vision: On one hand, we have a movie character, on the other hand, we've got a real out there setup so....bit of a crap shoot. Hope it doesn't end up with a similar fate as King's Omega Men book (almost) had.

Karnak: This will sell thanks to Ellis but I don't think it will have the same life as Moon Knight did after he inevitable leaves.

I dont think most titles have anything to worry about. The way they are pushing titles out, they will never start and thus never be canceled. 12 issues at 1 issue every six months, these will go on forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    I've read interviews that said their books will be done in seasons, but I never read anything about them being 12 issue seasons. My guess is many will go far longer than 12 issues.