Fantastic Member

Default Any Love Out Here For James Robinson's Airboy?

Hi everyone!

My wife and I have been loving (as in laughing out loud) Robinson's Airboy mini-series. It's been so painfully funny and bittersweet that we wish that it would never end. My favorite work from James since Starman days!

Question: Is there any word on when issue 4 will be shipping? While we don't want the comic to end, we certainly are looking forward to the concluding chapter!

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

According to previewsworld, the last issue releases on November 11th.

I've been enjoying Robinson's Airboy comic series, it's definitely a fun series and I like how the comic world is full of color while the real world is bland and colorless.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yup, I've been loving it. The looooong delay for the final issue hasn't helped though.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

It was funny enough, but issue 3 started to wear thin on me and I don't plan on reading issue 4.

I recall a big controversy over nothing after issue 2 came out.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I actually haven't been able to find this book at any of the shops near me, so I'm waiting for the trade.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

One of the best books this year. The wait for #4 has killed me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    It was funny enough, but issue 3 started to wear thin on me and I don't plan on reading issue 4.
    but it's the last issue. May as well just get it to complete the series?
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Yeah loving it. Best thing ive read from Robinson in ages.
    It feels like a complete and well paced thing but i really wish there was gonna be more than 4 issues...

I'll have to finally check this out on my next slow week.

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Yeah loving it. Best thing ive read from Robinson in ages.
    Yeah. Shade felt like the return of the James Robinson of Starman/Golden Age; this has felt like the return of the James Robinson who did Illegal Alien*.

*(and I'm hoping that Image brings that era of stuff-- IA, Bluebeard, 67 Seconds-- back to print)

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Thanks for posting this -- just finished a reread of the first three issues... it's been so long, I couldn't remember how it ends... only to discover, why, it HASN'T ended yet, and was myself wondering where issue 4 is. Feared I'd missed it. Glad to know it's still coming. Just a couple more weeks...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I love it it's a great series, hope for a very good last issue soon :-)