Spectacular Member

Default Wonder Woman's flight capabilities

Greetings all,

First, I'm back into comics after a 30 year drought, so my history for that time period is pretty sketchy. The DCYou initiative doesn't help matters, but I've gotten confused over WW's ability to fly.

Sometimes, it seems like she can't, other times it does. I've never been much of a WW reader, so could someone help me along?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bholderman View Post
    Greetings all,

First, I'm back into comics after a 30 year drought, so my history for that time period is pretty sketchy. The DCYou initiative doesn't help matters, but I've gotten confused over WW's ability to fly.

Sometimes, it seems like she can't, other times it does. I've never been much of a WW reader, so could someone help me along?
    Depends on the authors, directors and whatever the powers that be make up on the spot.

Since Perez, she can fly, not glide. Same thing for the animated justice league show. Then, for some reason, she gets her own animated movie and she can't fly. Then she gets a pilot for a TV series and also, can't fly. In the hard reboot of the nu52, we had to wait for 12 issues before a feather from Hermes allowed her to fly and we can now assume that she can fly under her own power due to the feather. Apparently in the BvS movie, she can't fly, but she can jump really high.

So I guess you will have to talk to the higher powers and ask why they cannot give Wondy a consistent powerset. I really would like to know Zack Synders reasoning about why he made Wondy flightless.

Spectacular Member

Ah, so my confusion is rooted in reality. Many thanks.