Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Very good episode. I bet Naga hugs are the best. That was a great scene. OMG, they referenced Kill Bill. The only way this could have possibly been made that even better would have been to follow that up with an 80's training montage set to music by Vince DiCola.

Don't pretend you don't think that wouldn't have been awesome.

I love that picture of Aang. It's nice to see he could still be a goofball as an adult.

It was nice of the spirit to assume a cute form Korra would accept. A white puppy that resembles Naga was the perfect choice to help Korra. It's also nice to see that Korra isn't insane. I was thinking the spirit attacking Korra might be a weakened Vaatu attacking Korra while she is also weak, but then it led her to Toph. Maybe it is Rava after all.

This was one strange, long struggle and journey for Korra, and this episode did a nice job of explaining what Korra has been going through these past three years. What a way to end the episode, by Toph calling Korra "twinkle toes". I'm kind of wondering what nickname she'll actually give Korra once she actually gets to know her. "Thunder foot" would be a good choice, as Korra is rather known for her tendency to stomp rather than walk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Puppy Spirit. That is all.
    Puppy Spirit was all kinds of awesome. Korra's spirit animal is a dog.

o

Oh Aang... :P

The joke was extremely well timed because of the big gravitas surrounding the episode, so when it did come up, it was a lot funnier.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post

Oh Aang... :P

The joke was extremely well timed because of the big gravitas surrounding the episode, so when it did come up, it was a lot funnier.
    I love how even though Aang grew older, he still remained the fun loving kid we all know and love.

Anyway, I considered this episode to be a lack luster. Heck, even last episode was better. All this episode did was give a boring explanation as to what Korra was doing in the last three years, although to be fair they had to do it sooner later I guess. I wasn't all that interest with how Korra was facing her inner demon in the form of the Avatar state. One of the two highlights is that Katara continues to be an important character to the Avatar Mythos by helping Korra recover from her battle against Zaheer. The 2nd highlight won't surprise anyone, but I'll say it anyway in three short words. TOPH IS BACK!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if Toph is now in touch with the spirits now because it seemed like she was. Although this season is off to a slow start, I'm sure excitement will come our way soon.

PS- Did anyone else notice the title similarities with Zuko alone and Korra alone? I thought it was a nice reference to the old show.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Support Wuu!
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

BANNED

Toph is all kinds of awesome. Seriously I didn't realize how much I missed her.

o

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

to quote senator padme from "revenge of the sith":

"and this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause."

I don't feel Toph had too good a showing here. She just came off as an annoying, somewhat bitter old woman with a large chip on her shoulder. Though I suppose that's expected living alone in a swamp. Plus, trying to hear her original VA (at least who I assume to be the same person) imitate an older voice took me out of it. The lines would have came off better (to me) if they had actually gotten an elderly actress. After all those insults, I would have thought that Korra would shut her down, but she's too defeated to really stand up for herself.

No Asami boo.

Prince Wu is encroaching on Bolin levels of annoying, even if the latter isn't as annoying this time around.

Varrick and Zhu-Li are lovely as always.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNIFIER!!!!!!!

P.S. Is Zuko's Fire Lord daughter ever going to get a line...or a name?

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

Unlike a certain franchise....with just a nasty whimper as it tries to grasp the last life line......

Old Toph rocks

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I don't feel Toph had too good a showing here. She just came off as an annoying, somewhat bitter old woman with a large chip on her shoulder. Though I suppose that's expected living alone in a swamp. Plus, trying to hear her original VA (at least who I assume to be the same person) imitate an older voice took me out of it. The lines would have came off better (to me) if they had actually gotten an elderly actress. After all those insults, I would have thought that Korra would shut her down, but she's too defeated to really stand up for herself.

No Asami boo.

Prince Wu is encroaching on Bolin levels of annoying, even if the latter isn't as annoying this time around.

Varrick and Zhu-Li are lovely as always.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNIFIER!!!!!!!

P.S. Is Zuko's Fire Lord daughter ever going to get a line...or a name?

You do relisase that is how she was in the LAB....just not old.

Pretty much. Toph came across as an older version of herself. She's already past her 'Police Chief" phase and has settled down and relaxed. It was nice to see.

Really, it's what I expected to see of Zuko during the previous season.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

But really it is hard to argue that Wu would not be just another in a long line of bad rulers. That and having other nations basically put a buffoon on the throne and then having there own "advisors" do all the real work really does not seem like it is in the best interests of the Earth Kingdom. Kuvira might be a hard ass and may well be power hungry, but she does seems to care more about her people that a spoiled idiot like Wu ever would have. If the other nations really cared about the Earth Kingdom outside of their own interests don't you think they might have spent the last 3 years trying to make Wu grow up and be ready for the responsibilty of ruling instead of just watching him grow into a total idiot?

Kuvira is not totaly in the wrong on this one.

She wouldn't be were it not for the part where she bashes monarchs then makes herself Empress.

Support Wuu!

Astonishing Member

Does anyone think they're setting up Wuu to become a stronger character/leader?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    She wouldn't be were it not for the part where she bashes monarchs then makes herself Empress.

Support Wuu!
    sure, count me in. given how Varrick got portrayed as a complete nincompoop and lunatic early on-- and then they revealed he was an evil genius-- I'll be interested to see if Prince Wu is more than the delusional and self-entitled goofball he appears to be. the role of idiot served Varrick well in Season 2. and, if history has shown us anything, the writers love repeating the same gimmicks over and over again. besides, he made a pass at Asami-- that means he can't be completely without sense. and his apparently idiotic claims of being superhuman might simply be a hint that he's gained the ability to be a bender and hasn't quite revealed his hand just yet.

(yeah, I'm being uncharacteristically optimistic about this. but, hey, if you told me in Season 1 that Sokka was going to come up with a plan that was the biggest threat to the Fire Nation seen in recent I wouldn't have believed you)