Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Default "Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra"

Created by Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino, and premiering on Febuary 21st 2005 "Avatar the Last Airbender" was an animated children's fantasy series taking place in an Eastern inspired world in which people of four separate nations have the ability to manipulate the elements of: Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. In that world there is one human reincarnated every generation who can control all four elements and keep the world in balance.

"Avatar The Last Airbender" eventually concluded it's run with three "Books" and 61 episodes on July 19th 2008.

On April 14th 2012 it's sequel series "The Legend Of Korra" premiered and is currently ongoing.

This thread is for any/all discussion these two and all future series in the Avatar franchise.

Extraordinary Member

Currently Mexican Nickelodeon has aired several episodes of Korra's new season. In solidarity with the creators, let us avoid discussing them

Yup, have not watched them or looked at any stills myself but they're out there so let's all be wary of spoilers.

I know I'm often in the minority here, but I prefer Legend of Korra to The Last Airbender, and I like Korra more as a character than Aang. It's a fun, engaging series and I can't wait till the next season! I can't wait to see how spirits and humans interact since last season's finale.

I'm not sure which one I like better but I would call Legend of Korra the better series. Both series have their issues but The Last Airbender's problems were more of common children's animation annoyances and cliches, not enough to kill it or anything for the most part but they were present. Korra did away with pretty much all of those, but picked up a few of it's own. However while I had my fair share of issues with Book 1 of Korra I felt that they were pretty much non-existent by Book 2.

Mighty Member

I love both series. They are among my favorite animated series of all time. I personally think the original series is better than Korra, but Korra had the best villain of the Avatar universe in the person of Amon. Of course, who else but Steve Blum could voice a villain that outshines even the magnificently villainous Azula.

I had a lot of issues with season 2 of Korra though. It just didn't really come together until the second half, but when it finally did, boy was it worth the pain of the first half of the season. Those of you watching season 2 of Korra in Mexico, hang in there. The payoff is worth it.

BANNED

Default Legend of Korra returns

Watch the trailer.

I can't wait.

o

and zuko returns

nice

Mighty Member

Zuko had better be awesome. I don't mean taking down 10 people at once while making sassy remarks awesome-- I mean that he'll have that mix of determination, resourcefulness, and sympathy that made him so fun in the original series. and it would be nice if he could bring some moral complexity to Korra's world. I'm tired of Korra looking at the world entirely in terms of black and white, us against them. if anybody has a chance of breaking Korra out of her childish dichotomies it would hopefully be Zuko.

I actually liked that Korra was a small child in the spirit world-- because I think it accurately reflected how immature she was in her view of the world. hopefully Zuko can help her become a fully functioning adult instead of a beligerent teen with a fragile ego.

and more Lin Bei Fong-- looking forward to that. I was annoyed at how she got written off to the sidelines in season 2. it felt like the writers were deliberately avoiding the best characters of season 1 when writing season 2: Asami, Tenzin, and Lin Bei Fong.

I have seen the Spanish episodes.

They were awesome.

Also, Super Spoiler

Mako and Bolin are spoilers:
    Jin's grandkids
    end of spoilers
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I have seen the Spanish episodes.

They were awesome.

Also, Super Spoiler

Mako and Bolin are spoilers:
    Jin's grandkids
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Has it been confirmed that the Jin in LOK is the same one as in A:TLA, though? Because it could just be someone else with the same name.
    end of spoilers
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

so far so good.
    Last edited by Sasuke Uchiha; 06-29-2014 at 01:53 AM.
    And now I finally arrived.

Extraordinary Member

Other than Varrick's material the comedy is working better this season. Being paired with just Asami instead of with Mako and Bolin does wonders for Korra's likability, and helps the boys as well. I think the kid is meant to make Korra seem better by comparison.

So far I count 3 plots. The search for the new airbenders, the earth queen's coming aggression against Rebublic territory with her airbending army, and the 4 bending criminals, which by nature of each being a different kind of bender do seem to be the anti-Gaang.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Man, I can't believe Nick didn't give this show the advertisement the show deserves!!!!! When I looked on Wikipedia when the new season would be out, I was heartbroken to hear that they already aired the season premiere. Thankfully someone aired the first three episodes (English dub) on Youtube and I was all caught up.

Without spoiling it, I love Zaheer. He seems like a really cool villain in the season so far. I like how he's brilliant and wise, but in a crazy way. I always love the villains in both of the Avatar series. The creators of the show is always great with creating these exciting villains from Azula to Amon.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Man, I can't believe Nick didn't give this show the advertisement the show deserves!!!!! When I looked on Wikipedia when the new season would be out, I was heartbroken to hear that they already aired the season premiere. Thankfully someone aired the first three episodes (English dub) on Youtube and I was all caught up.

Without spoiling it, I love Zaheer. He seems like a really cool villain in the season so far. I like how he's brilliant and wise, but in a crazy way. I always love the villains in both of the Avatar series. The creators of the show is always great with creating these exciting villains from Azula to Amon.
    Just wondering why you say English Dub there, as as far as I know, both Avatar shows are originally voiced in English, and even if a kind of American anime, or whatever other countries involved, it wouldn't be a Japanese one, let's say, and therefore wouldn't as likely be voiced first in Japanese.

Although I could be incorrect in this case, but, just wondering.

Glad you're enjoying it. Shaping up to be an interesting arc for the Season so far, and looks like most weeks'll have two episodes airing each time, so have two more to enjoy next Friday then.

Villain would remind you, perhaps, of the way things were for Tai Lung in Kung Fu Panda, as was touched on in a Vlog from the Walker Brothers, on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.

Still very pleasant looking animation, but, despite a mostly noble quest, I'm left wondering how Korra and co are going to be that successful, wth so many turning them down, the Earth Queen keeping a secret Airbender army, and their first recruit getting trapped by them.

Also, is nice to see the voice of Beast Boy and current Michaelangelo in latest episode, Greg Cipes.

Another thing I'm left wondering is what Korra's going to do when Mayor ordered her to leave Republic City, and will Tenzin and the rest return with whatever Airbenders they have, while she just wanders the world, or finds a new home?

Or, will dealing with Zaheer and his people help put her in better favour to return?