Page 1 of 109 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Default "Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra"

Created by Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino, and premiering on Febuary 21st 2005 "Avatar the Last Airbender" was an animated children's fantasy series taking place in an Eastern inspired world in which people of four separate nations have the ability to manipulate the elements of: Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. In that world there is one human reincarnated every generation who can control all four elements and keep the world in balance.

"Avatar The Last Airbender" eventually concluded it's run with three "Books" and 61 episodes on July 19th 2008.

On April 14th 2012 it's sequel series "The Legend Of Korra" premiered and is currently ongoing.

This thread is for any/all discussion these two and all future series in the Avatar franchise.

Extraordinary Member

Currently Mexican Nickelodeon has aired several episodes of Korra's new season. In solidarity with the creators, let us avoid discussing them

Yup, have not watched them or looked at any stills myself but they're out there so let's all be wary of spoilers.

I know I'm often in the minority here, but I prefer Legend of Korra to The Last Airbender, and I like Korra more as a character than Aang. It's a fun, engaging series and I can't wait till the next season! I can't wait to see how spirits and humans interact since last season's finale.

I'm not sure which one I like better but I would call Legend of Korra the better series. Both series have their issues but The Last Airbender's problems were more of common children's animation annoyances and cliches, not enough to kill it or anything for the most part but they were present. Korra did away with pretty much all of those, but picked up a few of it's own. However while I had my fair share of issues with Book 1 of Korra I felt that they were pretty much non-existent by Book 2.

Mighty Member

I love both series. They are among my favorite animated series of all time. I personally think the original series is better than Korra, but Korra had the best villain of the Avatar universe in the person of Amon. Of course, who else but Steve Blum could voice a villain that outshines even the magnificently villainous Azula.

I had a lot of issues with season 2 of Korra though. It just didn't really come together until the second half, but when it finally did, boy was it worth the pain of the first half of the season. Those of you watching season 2 of Korra in Mexico, hang in there. The payoff is worth it.

BANNED

For me hands down I like the cartoon with Aang better. Don't get me wrong, the Legend of Korra is still one of the better cartoons that have come along in recent years, but the Last Airbender just had..something special about it. I found myself liking a good variety of the characters. I can't really say the same for the new show.

Official Book Three Trailer:

Heh. So I'm guessing that with the spirits now free, and with that retcon-tastic revelation in Book 2 about the origins of bending, now everyone can have whatever type of bending they want, regardless of nation, or natural affinity? I suspected as much. Although in my version, it was a chemical innovation that gave people bending powers, but whatever.

Also, action overload. Thought I was watching Transformers for a moment there.

Zuko looks, from what I can tell, like Roku. I wonder what kind of voice he will have?

Oh hi there, Azula. I'm guessing that you now have Combustion Man's powers? And if that character really IS the one being voice by Grey DeLisle, well, they sure weren't subtle there.

On the one hand, I don't have high hopes for this. I hated both Book 1 and Book 2, and while I liked Avatar: The Last Airbender, the show isn't exactly in my top 20. But, goddamn it, on the other hand, DiMartino and Konietzko know how to get people's attention, I'll give them that.
    Last edited by The Red Monk; 06-11-2014 at 09:52 PM.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

awesome i hope that asami is gonna do more stuf than in season 2

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Heh. So I'm guessing that with the spirits now free, and with that retcon-tastic revelation in Book 2 about the origins of bending
    Not sure how it was a retcon, we were never given the origins of bending, how can you retcon something that hadn't ever been established?

The Airbender's popping up is either A). A secret civilization thing much like the Sun Warriors from the original series or B). Something that has to do with the spiritual brick-a-brack from Book 2.

There's a lot to speculate on going by this trailer. Excited.

I wonder what's the story of the armless waterbender in the cage.

BANNED

It looks good still not going to reach the heights of the original series though.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    It looks good still not going to reach the heights of the original series though.
    Disagree. Maybe not reach the popularity of the original, at least not with some viewers, but quality-wise it's there in my opinion.

That preview got me excited. Can't wait!

BANNED

Default Legend of Korra returns

Watch the trailer.

I can't wait.

o