Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1633
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    So I had a question about the various Avatar TLA comics that they have been producing for several years now. The Promise, The Search, The Rift, and Smoke and Shadow. What are they like? The good successors to the original show, or bad fanfiction?
    The comics have been pretty solid so far. The Promise and The Search had some rough parts but for the most part felt like two-part episodes (despite both being three parts). The Rift was actually kind of great, and while I've only read the first part of the latest trilogy it was working for me.

I admittedly read them mostly for Gurihiru's art of course.

Anyone taking part in Free Comic Book day Festivities be sure to pick up the Dark Horse All ages sampler for a new LoK story.

Books Three and Four have now been added to Netflix streaming in Canada. It was inevitable but it's surprising to have them added so soon after the first book.

The entire series is also on sale from iTunes if you're American. $30 bucks but only until May 16th.

And if you're just looking for more Avatar/LoK-esque entertainment take a look at the trailer for "Voltron: Legendary Defender" that many of the Legend of Korra crew moved onto when it ended:

I'm going to be editing a video or videos of the Legend of Korra series. What would be considered the best fights of the series? Would it involve just 'boss' fights, would it include any of the pro-bending, or side character moments?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I'm going to be editing a video or videos of the Legend of Korra series. What would be considered the best fights of the series? Would it involve just 'boss' fights, would it include any of the pro-bending, or side character moments?
    the fights in Korra don't have the same replay value because they didn't use as many choreographers and had a LOT less variety. in the original series, if memory serves, they had two or three different choreographers to help block out all the fight scenes. Toph actually had a different choreographer used for her fights - so it helps explain why her fights looked unique when compared to the others.

Suyin vs Kuvira is the best fight I can think of off the top of my head.
    Korra's dad vs ... er... what was his name, oh yeah, Unalaq. that short fight was memorable
    Eska and Desna vs Ming Hua looked cool - but I can't help but think the twins got chumped out like Yamcha or Krillin to make Ming Hua look better
    honestly, just about any major fight involving Tenzin or Lin Bei Fong is usually pretty good.

the rest are hard to remember. I wouldn't include any of the pro-bending, honestly, because of the very restrictive rules that were applied there. I actually can't remember a single pro-bending fight right now. it's not like they were boring - it's just that it pales in comparison to what we saw in the aforementioned duels. Asami and Korra vs the motorcycle gang was more memorable than all of the pro-bending matches put together in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    the fights in Korra don't have the same replay value because they didn't use as many choreographers and had a LOT less variety. in the original series, if memory serves, they had two or three different choreographers to help block out all the fight scenes. Toph actually had a different choreographer used for her fights - so it helps explain why her fights looked unique when compared to the others.

Suyin vs Kuvira is the best fight I can think of off the top of my head.
    Korra's dad vs ... er... what was his name, oh yeah, Unalaq. that short fight was memorable
    Eska and Desna vs Ming Hua looked cool - but I can't help but think the twins got chumped out like Yamcha or Krillin to make Ming Hua look better
    honestly, just about any major fight involving Tenzin or Lin Bei Fong is usually pretty good.

the rest are hard to remember. I wouldn't include any of the pro-bending, honestly, because of the very restrictive rules that were applied there. I actually can't remember a single pro-bending fight right now. it's not like they were boring - it's just that it pales in comparison to what we saw in the aforementioned duels. Asami and Korra vs the motorcycle gang was more memorable than all of the pro-bending matches put together in my opinion.
    My sister told me her daughter only watches the fights instead of rewatching the series so I thought it would be cool to edit all the best bits for her. I haven't heard about the behind the scenes stuff for the choreography, especially the first show. Maybe now I should start looking up best fights for both series. Thank you.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member

I did a short video on YouTube describing how in Season One of A:TLA, both Zuko and Zhao proved that a) they weren't you're average Staurday Morning Cartoon villains, and b) better villains equals a better show:

I'm trying to get my buddy to watch more of the shows and record a reaction video to the Blind Bandit, since I think Season Two's overall improvement on Season One, Toph's awesomness, and the fact that he's an Attittude Era WWE mark who doesn't know Mick Foley is voicing the Boulder will combine to make that a fun video to upload here. If you want to help, a) watch the video, b) download this podcast (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=414761418), and c) either leave a comment on the video, or go to this website and vote: https://www.opinionstage.com/natehop...e-blind-bandit
    Last edited by godisawesome; 08-15-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Tenzin vs Zaheer was the best fight in the entire franchise (A: TLA & Korra).

Mighty Member

The Equalist attack at the pro bending championship was amazing. You had the best pro bending fight (with a great Korra vs Tahno one on one match where she mauls his punk ass face) followed by an ambush of the metal bending police force by the Equalists sporting their new equalizers, taking out even Lin and Tenzin. Amon's plan worked to perfection. Even when Korra and her friends escaped a little sooner than he anticipated, he and most of his followers escaped. This hugely successful planned attack is what cemented Amon as the best villain of the Avatar verse, imho.

Asami deserves some love here, as her brief fight with the Lieutenant was just downright a great badass hero moment where she kicks the Lieutenant's first baton out of his hand and redirects his second baton right back onto his chest, taking him out. Yes, in less than two seconds, Asami took down a guy who could hold his own against Korra, Mako, and Bolin. I really kind of hated that Asami's fighting skills weren't featured more later in the series. It's like the creators forgot that they had a bad ass martial artist with a one touch stun glove.

Suyin and Lin versus P'Li, if only for the hardcore manner in which Suyin dispatched P'Li to save Lin.

Heh, just looked into this old thread for kicks. Haven't been keeping up too closely with the comics continuations of the series.

My nomination for best LoK fight was Bolin versus Varrick's mercenaries at the Pro-bending arena in Book II.

I assume we've all heard by now that there are plans for some kind of live-action reboot/adaptation of the series coming to Netflix? I know we have every right to be suspicious, but the cartoon's original creators are involved so I'm optimistic.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Heh, just looked into this old thread for kicks. Haven't been keeping up too closely with the comics continuations of the series.

My nomination for best LoK fight was Bolin versus Varrick's mercenaries at the Pro-bending arena in Book II.

I assume we've all heard by now that there are plans for some kind of live-action reboot/adaptation of the series coming to Netflix? I know we have every right to be suspicious, but the cartoon's original creators are involved so I'm optimistic.
    That the creators of the actual series are involved is about the only reason I'm optimistic about it. Live-action series adapted from animated ones are hit and miss, with seemingly a LOT more misses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That the creators of the actual series are involved is about the only reason I'm optimistic about it. Live-action series adapted from animated ones are hit and miss, with seemingly a LOT more misses.
    I agree. Translating animation into live-action is usually a huge undertaking that often requires significant concessions. It's easy to miss the mark or of concede so much that it loses all cohesion.

I'm glad Konietzko, and DiMartino have made it their current focus. A part of me would rather another animated continuation, but I think they're still burnt out on animation for the time being.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Mighty Member

haha, but realistically... ANY "live action" version of this universe is still going to require a pretty significant amount of animation!