Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1633

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I wonder if they'll be novella formatted like the Gene Yang/Gurihuru comics or if they will come out as a monthly title. I'm betting on the Novella format but would be interested in seeing how things translate to 22 page installments. The current 80 page Avatar Novellas do a good job of feeling like a 22 minute episode per book, which works for the pacing.

Ultimate Member

YEAH!! I'm REALLY hoping that there's a "reaction scene" where everyone else finds out about Korra/Asami. My guess:

-Tenzin, Bolin, and the Airbender kids are initially surprised/confused (but ultimately accepting).
    -Suyin and Pema are instantly supportive.
    -Lin doesn't really care either way, beyond a note that she "wasn't surprised."
    -Mako, goes off to ponder how the only two girls that he's ever dated ended up dating EACH OTHER/revaluate his life.

I expect Bolin would have the initial bug-eyed jaw-drop scene where he points between them and says nothing for a few moments. Something anime-esque in reaction.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I wonder if they'll be novella formatted like the Gene Yang/Gurihuru comics or if they will come out as a monthly title.
    I'd prefer the novella treatment, but bumped up to US comic size. The slightly smaller AtLA format bugs me more than it should.
    Sounds perfect.

Awesome, glad that we're getting more Avatar in comics. Especially ones that'll follow up on Korra.

Gene Yang took home an Eisner last night for his work on the Avatar books, the Shadow Hero and his Superman comics.

Yay!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Awesome, glad that we're getting more Avatar in comics. Especially ones that'll follow up on Korra.
    if they do a Korra comic book I'd actually like it if they started from the beginning and found a way to make everything work together. not simply a miniseries, like the previous titles-- but an ongoing monthly comic.

it could tie up some of the loose ends, retcons, and timeskips: namely make it so that the Red Lotus and Unalaq weren't retcons but an integral part of Korra's world from the start. take Kuvira's turn to darkness and tyranny and make it matter-- because it didn't really matter in season 4. she could have had no realationship to the existing characters and it wouldn't have made much difference. also, fleshing out Kuvira's transition into dictator in the comics could make it the dramatic betrayal that it was always meant to be.

the origin of the Red Lotus, their failed attempt to kidnap and murder Korra, and their subsequent imprisonment is worth a miniseries all by itself.
    Last edited by Totoro Man; 07-11-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

I would love a Blu Ray and full-on HD remaster. I know it would be a lot of work and there might not be a market, but that might persuade me to buy another set.

Mighty Member

they're doing a reissue? hopefully it will be something akin to the "Ultimate Toy Box" collection of the Toy Story movies... maybe not QUITE as far-reaching as the "Lord of the Rings" extended DVDs, though. (although I loved ATLA enough I'd probably get it even if they went THAT far)

I'm so happy to hear that Dark Horse is moving forward with the Korra comics. Seeing it end was such a bitter sweet feeling and I'm glad there is more to come.

I have a question, for those of you who have the Book 4 DVD set. Which episodes contains a commentary on the DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    I have a question, for those of you who have the Book 4 DVD set. Which episodes contains a commentary on the DVD?
    I'm not sure about the DVD release but the Blu-Ray has commentary on all episodes, despite the box stating there are only Nine commentaries.

CBR also just put up their article on the panel from SDCC. Same information but worth reading.

Apparently the Blu Ray release of the complete LoK is starting off in the international market. It's being released on the 15th of November starting in Australia.