Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1633

The World of Avatar: The Last Airbender Is Getting an Animated Feature Film

That’s not all—in addition to announcing an “animated theatrical film” that’ll begin production this year, Nickelodeon revealed the arrival of Avatar Studios, an entire division dedicated to creating animated series and movies based on Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. Oh, and the original creators are along for the ride.

For anyone that was following that Netflix live-action series saga—yes, Avatar creators and executive producers Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko are going to lead Avatar Studios. The content their team creates will arrive on Paramount+ (previously CBS All Access), Nickelodeon’s various platforms, third-party streaming platforms, and in theaters. In short: it’s a great day to be an Avatar and Korra fan.

No details as of yet on what that theatrical film might focus on—fans know there is an enormous world to play in—but Nickelodeon’s press release was positively overflowing with excitement from all involved.

“Creator-driven stories and characters have long been the hallmarks of Nickelodeon, and Avatar Studios is a way to give Mike and Bryan the resources and runway to open up their imaginations even more and dive deeper into the action and mythology of Avatar as we simultaneously expand upon that world and the world of content available on Paramount+ and Nickelodeon,” said Brian Robbins, President of ViacomCBS Kids & Family.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-world-of...n-a-1846349722

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm excited to see if anything comes from this announcement. I'm always down for more Avatar.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Incredible Member

New Official Podcast coming for starters:

Avatar: Braving the Elements (40 eps, premieres Tuesday, June 22, 2021): Enter the amazing world of Avatar through the official companion podcast from Nickelodeon. Join hosts @JanetVarney
    (voice of Korra) and @DanteBasco (voice of Prince Zuko) each week as they re-watch every ep of #AvatarTheLastAirbender and break down key themes, notable battles, and behind-the-scenes trivia. Special guests from cast members to producers join them to explore elements of the Avatarverse, inc. origins of the story & how Avatar was brought to life
    https://twitter.com/DailyNickNews/st...18018301255684
    Sounds perfect.

I rewatched Kora on Netflix recently and its really not as bad as people claim, even the reviled Season 2 is better than most modern television.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Aang, Katara, Sokka and Zuko have reportedly been cast for the live action Avatar Netflix show.

https://www.cbr.com/report-netflix-a...ra-sokka-zuko/

The fact that the original creators have walked away from the Netflix project makes me think it's going to be bad.

If it's true, the casting isn't bad and seems to indicate at least some of the rumored plot changes aren't entirely true. While DiMartino, and Konietzko obviously departed the show for reasons I'm going to reserve judgement until we see an actual trailer. Many of the people they hired are still working on the show, and to be frank the original creators have limited experience in live-action production. Their departure while somewhat worrying doesn't exactly spell doom for me.

The Kickstarter for the Avatar: Legends Role-playing game has made almost 3,500,000 American dollars from a 50,000 dollar goal. Wild. It was already funded when I backed it 30 minutes into the campaign, but they're gonna have to start adding more stretch goals soon.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Netflix has set the core cast and creative team for Avatar: The Last Airbender. Gordon Cormier (Gabby Duran and the Unsittables), Kiawentiio (Beans), Ian Ousley (Physical), and Dallas Liu (PEN15) have been cast as series regulars in the live-action adaptation of the Nickelodeon series.

Albert Kim (Sleepy Hollow, Nikita) will serve as showrunner, executive producer and writer of the series with Rideback’s Dan Lin (The Lego Movie, Aladdin) and Lindsey Liberatore (Walker) executive producing, along with Michael Goi (Swamp Thing, American Horror Story). Roseanne Liang is co-executive producer and Goi, Roseanne Liang and Jabbar Raisani will serve as directors.

Written by Kim, Netflix bills the series as an authentic adaptation of the award-winning and beloved Nickelodeon animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender reimagined as a live-action adventure.
    https://deadline.com/2021/08/avatar-...ck-1234813459/

I guess I can kind of see them as the characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I can kind of see them as the characters?
    Considering their last live action iterations, it's not like they could have done much worse.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Considering their last live action iterations, it's not like they could have done much worse.
    Well, definitely an improvement on that front.

Daniel Dae Kim has been cast as Ozai.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/daniel-...ai-1234867510/

Daniel Dae Kim as Ozai is pretty great.

Paul Sun-Hyung Lee as Iroh is even better. I actually don't care that the creators of the show walked away from the project, that's just fantastic casting.

I wonder if Azula will be more involved in season 1 or if it's just for a flashback to when Zuko gets wounded by Ozai?