Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And adorable (and endangered) baby sky bison. Even Ozai would think that that's messed up.
    Plus Bosco was the only bear bear we've seen, so bears were probably an endangered species too. Plus Bosco and the sky bison were so damn adorable the Earth Queen has quickly become my most hated Avatar character.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I wasn't. That was thirty years ago when Suyin was a stupid teenager. And she's clearly changed and become a better person now. She didn't kill anyone, she wasn't a terrorist, and even the scarring was a complete accident. Toph and her made up long ago and she bears Lin no real grudge either, even reaching out to her in the past. Literally the ONLY person who's still bitter is Lin. Again, that was thirty years ago, sometimes you need to learn to let it go.
    Of course Lin is the only one bitter, Su has nothing to be bitter about. I think its telling that we haven't seen Su actually apologized for what she did. And yeah it was 30 years ago, but in those 3 decades it seems like Su never actually took responsibility for what she did and faced any real consequences. I mean her punishment was what? Go live with your rich grandparents while Toph covers up her crime?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because we've seen one in combat, and the other is a city administrator.
    To be fair they were both trained by Toph and Suyin went on a bunch of adventures before becoming a city administrator. Still tho Lin wasn't even operating at 100% so if Suyin couldn't keep up with her in that state that would've been more alarming.

Also, I'm glad that the two sisters didn't just hug it out at the end, because a 30 year long grudge can't be mended that quickly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because we've seen one in combat, and the other is a city administrator.

You ever heard of The Trope: Asskicking equals authority?

I think Jinora's going to look weird with that tattoo. And Kya is a beast!

I'm a fan of both show but I prefer the initial series more. I feel like it has better world-building which I love for this type of story-telling. I also feel like it has less teen angst than LoK. The animation is great for both which is always a plus and I love the soundtrack for both. I would love to see a third series set even further in the future of the Avatar world. Has there been any talk regarding another series post LoK?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

It feels weird that the season is already more than halfway over. 7 episodes in 3 showings seems so fast, and it'll already be the season finale in another 3 weeks. I feel bad that Nickelodeon felt they had to rush this season out ahead of schedule due to the pirated episodes from Mexico. Ratings for this season are at an all-time low. I hope this won't affect any future stuff the Avatar/LoK crew has in store for the future.

Mighty Member

Ok, so Su isn't a nafarious dictator I thought she might be. After Tarlok, Hiroshi, Varrick, and Unaloq, I suppose that would be pushing things with seemingly good people being secretly villainous for three seasons in a row. Thus far, the bad guys are pretty much up and up bad guys.

Lin and Su's fight was pretty good. Su was quite a competant earth bender. It was cool to see these two hash things out as they did.

And is it just me or does calm, cool Lin scare anybody else more than angry Lin?

I actually really liked the Air bender episode, but two of my favorite characters are Tenzin and Jinora, so that's not too surprising. It's also nice to see Tenzin actually screw up good advice from Korra. Instead of giving Bumi some responsibility and utilizing his talents, he gets advice from Bumi and goes overboard with it. That did lead to some nice comedy as he shaves the one guy's head and then tells the others that shaving is optional ("Wait, what?"). Btw, how cool was it to actually see that the shaving of the head actually does give air benders an advantage?

And Meelo's little "Look to your left! Look to your right! One of those people will not make it out alive!" speech was precious. Meelo is such a cute little tyrant.

So many great moments in this episode, from Pemma having a nice moment with Tenzin and Bumi rallying the troops to Tenzin's rebuke of Kai at the end for hitting a defenseless foe and then complimenting him for his form because said defenseless foe was scum.

Thus far, this season is firing on all cylinders.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    It feels weird that the season is already more than halfway over. 7 episodes in 3 showings seems so fast, and it'll already be the season finale in another 3 weeks. I feel bad that Nickelodeon felt they had to rush this season out ahead of schedule due to the pirated episodes from Mexico. Ratings for this season are at an all-time low. I hope this won't affect any future stuff the Avatar/LoK crew has in store for the future.
    What what now?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Don't worry. The show is already picked up for the fourth season, which will be its final season as written by the creators. We will get Korra's entire story, or at least the parts written for TV. There will probably be more Korra adventures in the comics, like Aang's gang has.

Okay, I no longer think the earthbender dude made that one rock thing melt partially because of friction, because he seemed to do the same melting trick with a small portion of road. Anyone catch that?

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    And Meelo's little "Look to your left! Look to your right! One of those people will not make it out alive!" speech was precious. Meelo is such a cute little tyrant.
    I loved that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Don't worry. The show is already picked up for the fourth season, which will be its final season as written by the creators. We will get Korra's entire story, or at least the parts written for TV. There will probably be more Korra adventures in the comics, like Aang's gang has.
    I wonder, how far in the future would a third series be? Cause if they have cars, planes, radios, and movies now, and if Korra lives to be be 70/80, give the next avatar anywhere between 10 to 16 years...
    The next Avatar could happen in a world with the internet! And astronauts! Now I want to see the first earthbender on the moon 'moonbend'...

A cyberpunk/sci-fi Avatar series would be pretty awesome, I'm not going to lie.

I guess I was probably more on Lin's side than Su's. Present day, sure, Su is cool and all, but back then, she really should've been punished. It's also too bad Lin's scars were an accident, could've been cool if Su inflicted them while resisting arrest.

Ha, the airbender who knows all the answers to Tenzin's questions is named "Otaku"! It seemed a little weird for Tenzin to not be a good teacher after having to deal with Korra and young children. Plus he gave Meelo great advice when he was training Pokey. I was a bit upset with Bumi, he should've supported his brother, and felt the weight of his father's legacy even more.

Quote Originally Posted by tacobongo View Post
    Konietzko and DiMartino were involved in the story writing process for the comics, so I don't really see any reason to not consider them canon. I mean you can ignore them if you want, as they clearly aren't strictly essential to understand how we got from A:TLA to LOK, but they are fun and fill in a lot of background stuff (along with allowing us to spend a little more time with our favorite characters--I remember after watching the first episode of Korra thinking, "so this is what it feels like to outlive everyone you've ever loved.")
    There's the tease about Zuko's mother in the pilot episode of LoK that seems will only be told in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    On the bright side, one the season reaches it's final episode, it will officially be Avatar/Korra's 100 episode.
    Wow, awesome. I wonder if they are planning something extra special.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm glad that there wasn't anything shady about Su's city like I suspected there would be.
    They're still harboring Varrick. Plus they seemed to have ripped off Kryptonian fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    fuck that queen bitch, she ate the bear
    I know, right? Man, that Earth King did a terrible job with her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Still, it had some fun stuff, and Korra seems to be more likeable this season, so that's a plus. I thought it was kind of ridiculous that she learned metal-bending so quickly though. I know she has a habit of mastering stuff was too quickly and easily, but I would have appreciated some more struggle.
    At least we got the explanation that the piece of metal she was practicing on had different properties than normal metal and would be easier for her. It's not like she's going to start platinum bending next week. It's cool she's the first metal bending Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    I think Jinora's going to look weird with that tattoo.
    Maybe, but I think she's more than earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I wonder, how far in the future would a third series be? Cause if they have cars, planes, radios, and movies now, and if Korra lives to be be 70/80, give the next avatar anywhere between 10 to 16 years...
    The next Avatar could happen in a world with the internet! And astronauts! Now I want to see the first earthbender on the moon 'moonbend'...
    Although it would make more sense for the next series to be set in the equivalent of present day than the far future, I want Korra to live a LOT longer than 70 or 80. Roku was killed, and Aang's body did feel the effects of being on ice and he still managed to live 170 years or so (counting the time spent frozen). I want Korra to live a long life and die of natural causes, so there's no reason she shouldn't have a lifespan as long as Kiyoshi's.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

As far as when the next hypothetical Avatar series time period will be set, I'm kind of hoping for a 70's/80's feel. Now that does not mean I want Korra to die in her Thirties or Forties, Just because the cultural evolution of 1850's in the original series to 1920's atmosphere in the current was approximately Seventy years in universe does not mean that the co-relation has to be consistent. I think exploring the Avatar world in their analogue of the 70's/80's would be a fun experience. 70's Rock'n'Roll, kick ass cars and motorcycles, The designs would have a lot of potential and keeping it vaguely 70's-80's would finally allow for a straight up Breakdancing battle with bending.

Avatar: The Last Airbender: 1850's
    The Legend of Korra: 1920's
    Untitled Hypothetical Earth series: 1970-80's
    Untitled Hypothetical Fire series: Present
    Untitled Hypothetical Air series: The Future

Why? So if the franchise lasts long enough we can have the The next Air installment essentially be more akin to the original Science Fiction origins of the series and still have Two more time periods to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    There's the tease about Zuko's mother in the pilot episode of LoK that seems will only be told in the comics.
    I'm really surprised the subplot of Zuko's mother's fate wasn't resolved in the show or a special DTV movie. While I enjoyed the recent comics (Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Search) that finally dealt with what happened to her, I know there's a large chunk of Avatar fans that have never heard of the comics and thus will never know her story. In some ways, it feels like knowing a secret that isn't actually a secret. I want those fans to get the closure to Ursa's fate. The Avatar crew really should've had a quick commercial for the comics during the Legend of Korra.

BANNED

On another tangent.... is Varrick going to become the "Iron Man" for the show? A suit that can duplicate bending, if not counter with other forms of element control. We see the quick development of technology under the watch of his industrial progress. I see the "magnet suit" as the start of something.... the ripples of a pebble on water that will become vast ocean waves in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Although it would make more sense for the next series to be set in the equivalent of present day than the far future, I want Korra to live a LOT longer than 70 or 80. Roku was killed, and Aang's body did feel the effects of being on ice and he still managed to live 170 years or so (counting the time spent frozen). I want Korra to live a long life and die of natural causes, so there's no reason she shouldn't have a lifespan as long as Kiyoshi's.
    70 or 80 is a long life, even for an avatar. Aang only count's as living over a hundred if you count time in ice...and I really don't think that should count.
    Korra could hit like 102 or 103 if she's one of those exceptionally long lived peeps, but that's just winning the genetic lottery alongside healthy living and sheer luck to live that long. About 85 to 90-ish is more likely if we're being generous to her. There was that one earthbender dude who lived over a hundred, but even then it wasn't like he was 170.

How long did Kiyoshi live?

Katara's still alive, she's got to be what, in her 80's? That's pretty old, and she looks like she lived a good life. I don't think she'll survive a LOT longer though.
    Avatar-verse seems to follow pretty realistic life spans.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post
    On another tangent.... is Varrick going to become the "Iron Man" for the show? A suit that can duplicate bending, if not counter with other forms of element control. We see the quick development of technology under the watch of his industrial progress. I see the "magnet suit" as the start of something.... the ripples of a pebble on water that will become vast ocean waves in the future.
    Doubtful. But maybe by the next series. Then again, we already sort of not really had the beginnings of mecha back in season one, scale that down, add that flying jetpack whatever from when Varrick escaped prison, and...actually yeah, Varrick could so build an Iron Man suit now that I think about it. The tech is basically all there, minus repulsor beams and JARVIS, but hey, just put Julie (is that how her name is spelled?) on radio and good enough.

Also Julie/Julee/J-girl's look after Varrick said phase two was her cleaning up his mess, priceless. Poor girl, she's got it worse than Pepper Potts.