Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    My life has been Korra-less for too long, so I'm excited for Friday. Yay!
    Same here. Can't wait for the new season though I really hope it's better than the last one. To me it felt like Book Two was all over the place plot-wise for the majority of the season and some of the characters, like Asami and Lin, came off as being weaker than they were in Book One.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
    I hope the game is good.
    Well going by how Platinum games productions are typically received it's going to be amazing. Have not played any of their productions personally but they're the folk behind "Bayonetta" "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeace" and a lot of the folk there used to be a part of Clover Studio, the company behind "Viewtiful Joe" and "Okami"

It's pretty safe to say that good is probably the absolute worst it will be. Great or fantastic seems more probable. The story's also being written by one of the show's writers.

It's in good hands.

Pretty groovy premiere so far.

Anyone else watch the premiere?

Not one to make recaps or spoiler heavy posts but a few things I found cool:

spoilers:
    -Liking the general goal of Team Avatar for this season and it's good to see that the effects of Korra's decision last book had a significant effect.
    -The new airbenders introduced were fairly entertaining, even the ones only showing up for a scene had some solid character designs and personality. Kai is a little offputting but he seems to make Jinora happy.
    -The villainous quartet of Benders have all made a very solid first impression.
    -There are No Airbenders in Ba-Sing-Se.
    -Eska/Desna/Tonraq and old Zuko in the elevator was fun.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

They were pretty good. I realize they're setting a lot of things up here in the early episodes, but by the third ep and the RPG fetch quest I thought it could've used more Korra.

There were a lot of nice little character moments for each character, and the humor (as usual when it's not misplaced and draining the drama) works. The action and animation are great as to be expected with Studio Mir continuing to animate. All the little continuity references with the previous season are good (Mako lol).

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Excellent start to season 3 with a bunch of interesting plot threads.

A lot of touching family moments in all three episodes.

Really happy to see Henry Rollins as the voice of Zaheer.

Old Zuko riding the dragon was awesome.

At first Kai sort of reminded me a bit of Jet.

Asami and Korra kicked some ass against the bandits.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Undead; 06-27-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

It was...OK. Better than the Book 2 opening episodes, and about as good as the Book 1 ones.

Korra is still far too abrasive and annoying. Also I hated how the writers basically brushed all of Korra's dickheaded actions and attitude towards Asami under the carpet to foster their new "friendship". It would have helped if they actually dealt with those problems beforehand instead of pretending it's no big deal. Hell, it's sad that the first episode was the first time Asami actually got close to being pissed off at Korra kissing Mako. Mako had already been chewed out for being dickish, but Korra is apparently still above that. Unsurprisingly, I'm not buying their "friendship", even if I am grateful for more Asami screen-time this season. Still, I have SOME hope that it won't all be Asami acting all nice, "You're the Avatar, you're the greatest!" while Korra is all "What do you know, my approval ratings are plummeting!" all the time.

Also, good job writers for trying to draw a moral equivalence between Korra kissing Mako WHILE he was still with Asami, and Asami kissing Mako AFTER he broke up with Korra. Real classy stuff.

Also, what the hell is it with Mako acting all distant and broody at the start. It's not like his and Korra's break-up was too awkward or dramatic, so why is he acting like it's some big deal? And if so, why the hell is Asami so chill with Korra instead of being awkward around her as well? These characterizations are making no sense.

OK, now that I've ranted enough, here's my thoughts on the rest.

Enjoyed Mako and Bolin's family-related scenes. About time we got some proper backstory on them.

It's not a particularly bothersome thing, but I thought everyone was acting just a bit too relaxed about the whole "new airbenders" deal. I'd have expected a bit more of a dramatic reaction, personally.

Watching the whole sequence with Korra and Tenzin looking for new airbenders and getting rejected was cool. J.K. Simmons just freakin' nails it.

I found Kai more annoying than endearing, but maybe that will change with later episodes.

More Asami. If I don't dig her newfound "friendship" with Korra, I'll take what I can get.

The new villains seem kind of cool. Highlights of the episodes for me.

More Zuko is cool. His dragon was awesome. I also really like Zuko's voice actor. Even if he sounds clearly older, I like how he has some of the same quirks and vocal inflections as young Zuko. You can tell whoever the guy was, he did his homework in imitating a bit of Dante Basco's version.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

BANNED

It seems like Avatar is trying to get back to its roots with the whole road trip plot. I really like that. The cast is distilled down to the more interesting characters (Lin Bey Fong notwithstanding) and were seeing more of the world that made TLA so much fun.

My only concern is how short the seasons are, and whether they can tell this story in only 10 or so more episodes.

Extraordinary Member

With the Korra Asami friendship stuff: They've been friends for awhile, it just hasn't had any focus. Asami's long since moved past the kiss between Mako and Korra, and Korra appearently doesn't care about Asami and Mako's kiss at all.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I thought Korra was a much more likable character right out of the gate this season then she was pretty much all last season.

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

Book 3, Episode 4 new clip (44 seconds):

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/lege...-204-clip.html

Korra is back on July 11 (the 4th is a U.S. holiday.)

Much better than Season 2's premiere.
    Korra seems a bit nicer, though still abrasive as ever. The only time she did seem too aggressive, was with that annoying kid in his mom's basement. I'd have lost my temper too.

Mako continues to irritate me with everything that he does. "Avatar Korra, it's just that um...it's just um...that you're...the um...hey..." Here's hoping he'll have something adorably awkward to say on July 11th.

Something is telling me that Asami is going to take a backseat again this season. She's balling big with that money, though. Airships <3

Bolin and Jinorra are kind just there, and Bumi nears Mako-levels of annoying to me.

Kai seems interesting, those criminals seem interesting (especially the waterbending one), and Zuko has hardly ever interested me, but I look forward to see where they go with him.

Extraordinary Member

I really liked this season's opening episodes.

Korra feels a lot more comfortable in her role and like less of a jerk, still kinda hardheaded though but not to an annoying level. She's just very direct and loud with how she does things.

Lots of fun and interesting plot threads to follow. The whole thing with rebuilding the air nation has loads of possibilities. Zahir and his cohorts are generally freaking boss. Prediction, the fire bender is totally Mako and Bolin's mom. The stuff with Ba Sing Se, still a **** place, risk being a bit repetitive as one can draw lots of similarities to Aang's visit there. But I'll hold off judgement on that for later. It's a good way to gather up several air-benders in one go.

The humor (Tenzin's failed recruitment tour, Korra trying to drive, Bolin and Mako's argument with their cousin, everything Meelo did), the action (the prison escapes and Korra and Asami vs. bandits in particular) and the touching moments (Korra and Asami's friendship, everything about Bolin and family, Korra and Tenzin's visdom talk) was all really well done, as I expect from this series.

The only thing I didn't really care for was Kai. But Jinorra's crush on him was cute so I guess I can bare him, and I guess that he'll grow less annoying later on.

Old man Zuko is fun.

Overall, a good opening.

Extraordinary Member

'Final Fantasy: The Legend of Korra.'

I can't be the only one who thought that when they first got on the airship.

Astonishing Member

The new villain looks interesting, so hopefully they don't screw him up like they did Amon.