Page 56 of 109 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

With this whole swamp excursion I was starting to wonder if Toph was a spirit, much like Iroh. Especially after having named all of Korra's villains and their motivations. But I guess she might've just been nosy and spying from the swamp.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

What a great episode.

I loved how despite the siblings bickering, they still came together to find Korra. However I don't like how arrogant and annoying Milo was in this episode. Little snot nose brat deserves to get his ass kicked.

My favorite part was when Toph did the impossible and put a positive spin on the villains motivation. I thought it was a good way of showing that Korra shouldn't see the world in black and white like she usually does, but open up her eyes to see the good in people. I also loved how Korra metal bend the poison out of her system all by herself. It certainly had a lot of drama to it.

Also, me being an idiot, I now realize that Korra went to the exact same swamp that team avatar went to in the second season of A:TLA.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Favourite Avatar villain so far?

1. Sozin.

2. Amon.

3. Unalaq.

4. Zaheer.

5. Vaatu.

6. Zhao.

7. Azula.

8. Kuvira.

So far, for me, I automatically gravitate towards Amon. His design, his voice, his story, his mannerism, his power, his threat...just SOLID.

Most others fairly good too, or magnetic, charismatic, scary, powerful.

But, #1 for me is him.

1. Amon.

2. Vaatu - embodiment of darkness, deep, attractive voice. Cool design and epic battles, against Vaatu, Korra, Wan.

3. Zaheer - the Joker principle: chaos. Anarchy. Beautiful madness.
    Here's my top ten list of favorite villains. #1 (biggest) #5(lowest).

1. Azula. She's one my favorite sociopaths, not just on the show, but in most media as well. On top of all that, she had great voice actress to play her.
    2. Zaheer: He is such a great character. I love him because he's so unique. I loved his anarchist way of stirring up chaos for the sake of freedom. Not to mention he was wise beyond his years and had some awesome quotes.
    3. Zuko: He was my favorite character on A:TLA. I loved his bad attitude and his strive to redeem himself. I always rooted for him above anyone else on the show.
    4. Amon: I loved his goal and how he depowered benders with blood bending. He had a great backstory (although loved his fake one better and wished he had kept it.
    5. Unalaq/Vatoo/ Dark Avatar: I loved Unalaq goal and how he tried to achieve them. I loved Vatoo's deep voice and how he embodied everything that's evil. He brings out the worst in people, which makes him scary. I also loved how they wiped out the past avatars. That was really bad-ass.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

How old are the kids supposed to be now? Jinorra seems mature, sure, but she kind of always did, and she's older than the Gaang was, isn't she? But Ikki is now closer to Aang and Katara's age? I can excuse Meelo still acting like a little kid, he's probably like 8, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    The creators have stated that this is the last book of Korra and there will be no book 5. As for the future of the franchise.. I just hope it has one.
    I'd like to see Dark Horse continue to keep the franchise alive with both A:TLA and LOK comics until we get a new show down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    its also interesting that if kuvira is the main villain of this season, then korra will have faced enemies from all 4 nations/elements.

edit: scratch that. she's hasn't faced a fire bender main villain yet.
    I wonder if A. Firebender ever will show up? Mako's not necessarily Batman, but it would be interesting to see him confront the man who killed his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yes, because "A firebender killed my parents/scarred by face, so all benders are evil and need to be destroyed" is such a deep and interesting motivation, not totally cliché/standard at all. Oh and that was essentially Hiroshi Sato's motivation, so it was doubly so.
    It wasn't so much "destroyed" as "equalized". Benders have an unfair advantage, and if we take away their powers and leave them alive, that would be fair to everyone. It WOULD be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    She wouldn't be were it not for the part where she bashes monarchs then makes herself Empress.

Support Wuu!
    That's the problem I have with Kuivira right now. I see her point in what she was saying to Bolin, but she knew she had the support, so why not just suggest an election to see if people really want Wuu in (which they probably don't)? Instead she not only announces this suddenly during his coronation, but she also takes his hotel room. She's too power mad to be a good leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    I'm going to break away from the consensus and say that I'm not thrilled to see that Aang and Toph are pretty much the exact same people they were as kids but bigger. I kinda liked the exchange between Aang and Toph where she called him Twinkletoes and he said something along the lines of we're in our forties now, can you stop that.
    I think the season one flashback DID show maturity with Aang and Toph as law enforcement leaders who take their jobs seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Also did anyone else think that the creators were implying some kind of incestuous relationship between Desna and Eska when Eska answered the hotel attendants "One bed" comment.
    For a second, but then Eska said he sleeps in the tub.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    "What did Amon want? Equality for all. Unalaq? He brought back the spirits. And Zaheer believed in freedom. The problem was those guys were totally out of balance and they took their ideologies too far."

It felt a little meta for the show to point out how the villains weren't just one-dimensional lunatics who were evil for evil's sake. Perhaps this indicates that Korra won't take the same "beat 'em up" approach to Kuvira as she did the rest.
    If the Avatar is about balance, it makes sense his/her enemies would be extremists.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    With this whole swamp excursion I was starting to wonder if Toph was a spirit, much like Iroh. Especially after having named all of Korra's villains and their motivations. But I guess she might've just been nosy and spying from the swamp.
    She was watching through the roots...the blind lady SEES ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Also, me being an idiot, I now realize that Korra went to the exact same swamp that team avatar went to in the second season of A:TLA.
    The very swamp Aang had that vision of Toph before meeting her, yes?

I loved today's episode.

All the annoying Meelo parts were pushed out of the way in the first few minutes and Bolin was less irritating too ^^

Zhu Li is officially my waifu.

Finally, Asami makes more than one appearance in an episode. While I loved seeing her, I felt her particular story moved along a bit too fast. Hoping she reunites with her love next episode

Also liked how Korra knew that fighting wouldn't solve all the problems. Had that been season one or two Korra, Kuvira would be eating dirt.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

The World War II analogies are piling up and it's terrifying.

Kuvira to Hitler, Zao Fu to France or England, the spirit vines to the atomic bomb... and then, of course, those ominous "reeducation camps."

Plus, now Suyin's on her way to assassinate someone? With her sons? Man, makes me wonder if it was content that made Nick prefer online-only after all.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Just when you think that Korra is getting smarter she act like an idiot again. After as many times as she has been wrong just once you would think she would try to learn all the facts before jumping in the middle of things. How could any sane person think a person who shows up with and entire army wants to just talk and work things out? The writers were making Kuvira sort of a grey character before but now they have taken all that away and she is just a straight up villian now which is kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Just when you think that Korra is getting smarter she act like an idiot again. After as many times as she has been wrong just once you would think she would try to learn all the facts before jumping in the middle of things. How could any sane person think a person who shows up with and entire army wants to just talk and work things out? The writers were making Kuvira sort of a grey character before but now they have taken all that away and she is just a straight up villian now which is kinda sad.
    Agreed,I was hoping for some sort of depth to the character, but now she's basically

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

again, i wouldnt say kuvira is evil. its just in her mind, the end justify the means. she wants order and will do whatever she deems fit to ensure she gets it.

I actually don't mind Kuvira being like this. Most dictators act the way she is. Very realistic

Extraordinary Member

This was a great episode.

Varrick and Zhu Li steal every scene they're in and basically the entire episode. The fight scene with the upgraded mecha tanks kicked all kinds of ass.

I don't mind that Korra's being somewhat ineffective at the moment. While she's recovered physically she's still sorting things out in regards to how she should approach people like Kuvira who have a good idea at heart, stablizing the Earth Kingdom/Empire, but is pushing it too far. I mean, say that she beats up Kuvira and Avatar States that army. What then? With the big symbol of unity crushed chaos could very well just remerge in the kingdom and they'll all be back in square one before Kuvira decided to clean things up. It's a delicate situation, granted Kuvira and Suyin are making it not delicate which where a lot of drama comes from and that's the fun.

Oh, and Zhu Li is probably faking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Bolin was less irritating too ^^
    I never got this. Why do people find Bolin of all people annoying.

I think he's funny, adorable and he is actually pretty great to have in a fight.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    again, i wouldnt say kuvira is evil. its just in her mind, the end justify the means. she wants order and will do whatever she deems fit to ensure she gets it.
    Problem is that she's attacking a city that's doing perfectly fine. There's no way for her to rationalize that

Mighty Member

yeah, attacking a city that's been doing splendidly well all to reinforce her image as "the great uniter". the Earth Kingdom types might be able to overlook that-- but the rest of the world won't stand for it.

I think Zhao Fu will fall-- it's just too early in the series for it not to. next stop Republic City.

I hope that Hiroshi's apology and change of heart are genuine... because that would be the best thing to happen to Asami in the whole series. maybe they'll give him a pardon when they realize how dire the situation is for Republic City when Kuvira comes knocking.

I liked Asami and Mako-- but Mako better do some SERIOUS apologizing and groveling before I would be okay with that. I'd rather see her hook up with General Iroh because he seems like the kind of guy that would treat her with class.

I'm guessing that we'll have a big showdown at Republic City at the end of the series-- and that we'll see Iroh come back. and hopefully get to see the new Fire Lord do something awesome. (she doesn't have to have any powers-- but she needs to be a great character)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Agreed,I was hoping for some sort of depth to the character, but now she's basically

I kinda figured she would be Ozai 2.0-- the Big Bads in Avatar rarely get any sort of redeeming qualities or nuanced backstory. the exception might be Amon-- but, really, it was Tarlok who was shown to be conflicted about his fate. Amon planned on starting all over again.

I guess what I'm most curious about is whether she'll murder her fiancee or not if he's unwilling to kill his own mother. at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised.

Would you rather have had Korra just jump in, guns blazing, and possibly make things worse just like the old her would've done as she said?