Page 92 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1633

I think one of the possible roots of the problem people have with Korrasami is that Asami didn't get as much screen time as Korra, Bolin, and Mako.
    She was barely there in Book Two, and while she had a much better showing in Books One and Three, Book Four didn't give her much to do either. More than Book Two, but not that much. If only that damn clip show didn't happen. Also, would have been nice to have more episodes per book too. I'm still happy with how it worked out, though

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    That's what it comes across as. It appears you're struggling with people not accepting the relationship. I'm just confused as to why you're taking it up with me since, as you mention, I've never seen the show rather than the people making the point.
    Or I could point out that feeling the need to actively argue against a relationship in fiction you haven't even seen may indicate you have ulterior motives for caring?

I don't know that that's the case, and I'd like to assume it's not. But my point is that I could twist your words in a similar way if I wanted.

I've tried to make sure every post acknowledges the complexity of the situation and allows for differing opinions. If you think I'm being insincere, I'm honestly not, but if saying it in the first place didn't convince you, I doubt this will. If your position is, "I think you're lying about how you feel," I'm not sure where the discussion can possibly go.

Pretending that attitudes towards queer people - which is a major social and political issue right now - aren't at play here, is utterly disingenuous. I'm not going to apologise for acknowledging the elephant in the room.

I'm not struggling with people not accepting the relationship, I'm struggling with people willfully misconstruing events in order to support that point of view.

I'm engaging with you because you're here, on a discussion thread, talking. My original question to you was framed around curiosity about why you were authoritatively claiming that it was all a matter of opinion when you hadn't even seen it (which you did not answer). That then became a wider conversation when I (clearly foolishly) thought if I were to explain the basic factual errors in the argument of the poster whose views you seemed to find interesting, you might understand more clearly what was going on.

At this point, though, I'm beginning to feel like you're relying on deflection (you deflected my question about your investment when you hadn't seen it by moving the conversation on to it being a matter of opinion, then when I started talking about facts, you moved on to questioning my motives).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by toastedbread View Post
    Or I could point out that feeling the need to actively argue against a relationship in fiction you haven't even seen may indicate you have ulterior motives for caring?

I don't know that that's the case, and I'd like to assume it's not. But my point is that I could twist your words in a similar way if I wanted.
    When have I argued against anything? What on earth are you talking about?

I've tried to make sure every post acknowledges the complexity of the situation and allows for differing opinions. If you think I'm being insincere, I'm honestly not, but if saying it in the first place didn't convince you, I doubt this will. If your position is, "I think you're lying about how you feel," I'm not sure where the discussion can possibly go.

Pretending that attitudes towards queer people - which is a major social and political issue right now - aren't at play here, is utterly disingenuous. I'm not going to apologise for acknowledging the elephant in the room.

I'm not struggling with people not accepting the relationship, I'm struggling with people willfully misconstruing events in order to support that point of view.

I'm engaging with you because you're here, on a discussion thread, talking. My original question to you was framed around curiosity about why you were authoritatively claiming that it was all a matter of opinion when you hadn't even seen it (which you did not answer). That then became a wider conversation when I (clearly foolishly) thought if I were to explain the basic factual errors in the argument of the poster whose views you seemed to find interesting, you might understand more clearly what was going on.

At this point, though, I'm beginning to feel like you're relying on deflection (you deflected my question about your investment when you hadn't seen it by moving the conversation on to it being a matter of opinion, then when I started talking about facts, you moved on to questioning my motives).
    I'm skimming your posts, to be honest. Basically, you're rambling about stuff I don't care about, getting angry with someone for God knows what reason even though I don't watch the show and now, apparently, are insinuating that I'm a homophobe because I didn't immediately bow down and worship your opinion instead of accepting other peoples. To think I'm "relying" on or "deflecting" anything when, frankly, my investment in this thread is minimal is laughable. I said I was interested in one person's opinion, you immediately pounced on me while saying "YOU'RE WRONG, EVERYONE ELSE IS RIGHT! WHY AREN'T YOU ACCEPTING WHAT I SAY INSTEAD!?"

I think what I'm going to take away from this thread is that LoK fans are dogmatic, Tumblr-esque social justice warriors who care more about kneejerk reactions than diverse opinions.
    Last edited by Guest_1001; 12-27-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Spectacular Member

I'm skimming your posts, to be honest. Basically, you're rambling about stuff I don't care about, getting angry with someone for God knows what reason even though I don't watch the show and now, apparently, are insinuating that I'm a homophobe because I didn't immediately bow down and worship your opinion instead of accepting other peoples. To think I'm "relying" on anything when, frankly, my investment in this thread is minimal is laughable. I said I was interested in one person's opinion, you immediately pounced on me while saying "YOU'RE WRONG, EVERYONE ELSE IS RIGHT! WHY AREN'T YOU ACCEPTING WHAT I SAY INSTEAD!?"

I think what I'm going to take away from this thread is that LoK fans are dogmatic, Tumblr-esque social justice warriors who care more about kneejerk reactions than diverse opinions.
    Thank you for admitting you just skimming these posts because I would have been wondering where you got the idea that you were being called a "homophobe"? That was a passionate but measured response and you're acting like you were just personally attacked and then responded with greater hostility. You had chosen to believe only one person's opinion as fact and formed your judgement of the situation based solely on that despite there being others who might have ones that are different.

Hope you're not a cop, because we'd all be in big trouble!

The lack of self-awareness in that sentence is hilarious.
    Last edited by IfThisBemyDestiny; 12-27-2014 at 12:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IfThisBemyDestiny View Post
    Thank you for admitting you just skimming that members other posts because I would have been wondering where you got the idea that you were being called a "homophobe"? That was a reasonable post trying to engage you in a discussion. and you're acting like you were just personally attacked and then responded with greater hostility. You chose to believe only one person and formed your judgement of the situation based solely on that while not listening to others who might have ones that are different. Okay, great.

Hope you're not a cop, because we'd be in big trouble.
    "Or I could point out that feeling the need to actively argue against a relationship in fiction you haven't even seen may indicate you have ulterior motives for caring?"

"Pretending that attitudes towards queer people - which is a major social and political issue right now - aren't at play here, is utterly disingenuous. I'm not going to apologise for acknowledging the elephant in the room."

As for "I chose to believe only one person", I actually said everyone's opinion was valid. Yeah, I skimmed posts when they were long and often off-topic but you apparently didn't even read mine when they were a few sentences long.

Amazing Member

When have I argued against anything? What on earth are you talking about?

I'm skimming your posts, to be honest. Basically, you're rambling about stuff I don't care about, getting angry with someone for God knows what reason even though I don't watch the show and now, apparently, are insinuating that I'm a homophobe because I didn't immediately bow down and worship your opinion instead of accepting other peoples. To think I'm "relying" on anything when, frankly, my investment in this thread is minimal is laughable. I said I was interested in one person's opinion, you immediately pounced on me while saying "YOU'RE WRONG, EVERYONE ELSE IS RIGHT! WHY AREN'T YOU ACCEPTING WHAT I SAY INSTEAD!?"

*facepalm*

Okay, cool, I suspected you weren't paying any attention to what I was actually saying, and were just pasting your own assumptions onto the conversation, but it's nice to have confirmation. If you had read my posts, you'd see that none of that is true.

I'm pretty confident anyone who actually takes the time to read what I wrote (including the context you omit with your selective quoting) will see that I tried to be clear and respectful, even when I strongly disagreed. Ultimately that matters more to me than your disrespectful attitude, or the the fact that it's easier for you to try and paint me as a bully than talk in good faith.

There's clearly no point continuing this and doing so will only derail the thread, so that'll be the last I say on the subject.

BANNED

*facepalm*

Okay, cool, I suspected you weren't paying any attention to what I was actually saying, and were just pasting your own assumptions onto the conversation, but it's nice to have confirmation. If you had read my posts, you'd see that none of that is true.

I'm pretty confident anyone who actually takes the time to read what I wrote will see that I tried to be clear and respectful, even when I strongly disagreed. Ultimately that matters more to me than your disrespectful attitude, or the the fact that it's easier for you to try and paint me as a bully than talk in good faith.

There's clearly no point continuing this and doing so will only derail the thread, so that'll be the last I say on the subject.
    Yes, painting me as someone with "ulterior motives" and accusing me of "deflecting" questions is you being "respectful". In reality, I responded with short answers that explained my position and that was that, then you responded with temper tantrums.

You are right about one thing though: there's no point in continuing this. I'll be in other threads, chatting to grown-ups who can accept differing opinions.

Ultimate Member

Having read Bryke's comments about the clip show episode, I do wonder what their initial plans for that episode were? What would we have gotten if Nick hadn't have inexplicably cut the budget? I feel like we might have gotten more Korrasami buildup, and maybe some foreshadowing of Kuvira's past/motivations (I was fine with that, but it could have used maybe a couple of scenes foreshadowing it).

Having scene Books Three and Four all the way through, my take is that Asami developing feelings for Korra first. Her last scene with Korra in the Book Three finally really made me feel that way. And then at some point between the seasons, Korra started to reciprocate (hence only writing to Asami, admitting to believing that only Asami would understand her, and also admitting to not really knowing exactly why she felt that way). Then seeing each other face to face again was the icing on the proverbial cake in that regard.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 12-27-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Incredible Member

You are right about one thing though: there's no point in continuing this. I'll be in other threads, chatting to grown-ups who can accept differing opinions.
    That would be for the best I think. You didn't come here with any opinions, just asking about them. You offered nothing, just questioned people about what they thought and continued to question them after they had explained. You have no interest in the subject, so why bother?

And now...BABIES!!!

korra_fam.jpg

found in the randomness of tumblr.
    Sounds perfect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That would be for the best I think. You didn't come here with any opinions, just asking about them. You offered nothing, just questioned people about what they thought and continued to question them after they had explained. You have no interest in the subject, so why bother?
    Think you're confusing me with someone else. I asked people what they thought and was satisfied with my answers. I was the one being questioned after repeatedly explaining my position.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post

And now...BABIES!!!

korra_fam.jpg

found in the randomness of tumblr.
    Hmm, well it seems that Mako might still be useful after all.

Spectacular Member

I think the person who drew it said the kids were adopted. Heh.

In these forums? Good luck with that. You really are a "guest".
    Last edited by IfThisBemyDestiny; 12-27-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Hmm, well it seems that Mako might still be useful after all.
    I had the same thought. This is becoming one of my favorite pictures. It goes beyond just the sexual nature of the relationship and takes the couple into normal family territory. Really well done, too.
    Sounds perfect.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    That's not really true though, in the third book was when asami and korra really became friends and this was after the whole Korra/Mako stuff had been buried and done with. Asami became more than just Makos ex/love interest in seasons 2 and 3.

It's not hard to believe that after becoming close friends in season 3 she was only comfortable talking to Asami, who honestly is probably a bit more understanding than either Mako or Bolin.
    It really is.

Asami wasn't any closer to Korra than Bolin who was still her #1 friend. They hung out but there was no hint of Korra OR Asami wanting anything more. Book 4 ranomly added that in and ruined their friendship by forcing a heavily underdeveloped pairing to appease a certain fanbase.

Worse of all is that Mako's character was thrown under the bus for it to happen.

A big example is that when Tenzin was doubting Korra, when she wanted to meet Zaheer, Mako said nothing at all.

Mako of Book 1-3 would have voiced support for Korra and believed in her even against Tenzin.

Yet because of them wanting to downplay Mako/Korra they butchered his character a great deal and even than they still barely did anything with Korra/Asami to make the pairing have any substance. Heck, they were barely even together in Book 4.

It's simply the reality of the situation that it was forced, highly undeveloped, and makes even NaruHina look well developed even with Hinata throwing her sister under a bus for her Naruto Scarf.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 12-27-2014 at 06:13 PM.