Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: What Did You Think of the Final Trailer for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"?

What Did You Think of the Final Trailer for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"?

Now that you've watched the latest trailer several (dozen) times, how excited are you for the new "Star Wars" film?

Vote on the poll here.

What if you loved it but would still just as soon kiss a Wookiee?

What I think is I can guess already 80% of the plot of the movie and I know where Luck is ^^.

All-New Member

I can't answer this poll, as I neither loved nor hated it. I thought it was just kind of goodish.

Incredible Member

Still don't want to see the movie. This has done nothing to convince me.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    What I think is I can guess already 80% of the plot of the movie and I know where Luck is ^^.
    It's a Star Wars movie, you already know what the basic plot is going to be.

Unlikely hero finds out he's a special snowflake. He meets up with an old man who serves as his mentor and father-figure. He trains with that mentor and learns how to fight. The hero's innate special-ness manifests itself in the form of being a prodigy. The hero meets up with a cast of interesting and cool characters. The mentor dies. The hero fights a great evil and achieves unlikely success. Roll credits.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post

Unlikely hero finds out he's a special snowflake. He meets up with an old man who serves as his mentor and father-figure. He trains with that mentor and learns how to fight. The hero's innate special-ness manifests itself in the form of being a prodigy. The hero meets up with a cast of interesting and cool characters. The mentor dies. The hero fights a great evil and achieves unlikely success. Roll credits.
    This too but I don't want to spoiler so I say that some people might say again "Why can't we hold on to anything good?"
    What I can't predict is the end of the movie depending how it will end I will line up with them or not.

Mighty Member

yeah, well, that synopsis could describe 95% of American cinema, and perhaps a good 50% of world cinema, right? ;-)

Astonishing Member

I just want to say that she's a special snowflake.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Star Wars but I was impressed by the ad - it certainly made me curious to see it.
    Also, I kind of like the idea of how a clone (aren't Storm Troopers all clones of Boba Fett?) is able to access The Force... or, at least, that was my impression on seeing John Boyega's character with a light sabre.

But seriously: wow. The producers went to Britain looking to cast roles and came away with John and Daisy being their two leads!
    Last edited by VivaChiba; 10-20-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    To be honest, I'm not a fan of Star Wars but I was impressed by the ad - it certainly made me curious to see it.
    Also, I kind of like the idea of how a clone (aren't Storm Troopers all clones of Boba Fett?) is able to access The Force... or, at least, that was my impression on seeing John Boyega's character with a light sabre.

But seriously: wow. The producers went to Britain looking to cast roles and came away with John and Daisy being their two leads!
    Storm Troopers are not Clone Troopers. The clones were only used during the Clone Wars, and were based on Jango Fett. Boba Fett is actually a clone himself. Storm Troopers are recruited. Boyega's character is not a clone (and wouldn't be surprised to learn he stole the armor entirely).

BANNED

Star Wars had two good movies. I don't care.

BANNED

There's a popular train of thought that Luke has gone to the Dark Side. There's also a train of thought that he's become so powerful in the Force that he's basically merged with it.

I'm not sure that I hold with either of those theories, but his absence from the poster would indicate to me that he's not likely to enter the story as a mentor father-figure. There's something else at play here than a retake on Kenobi.

Loved it. It was a really amazing trailer.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

All trailers have been the same.
    People running, making faces, and ships flying around and shooting.

I guess it's good that they dont spoil the story like the last Terminator flick but they should at least give us some sort of setup.

I have no idea what this movie is going to be about except that it's Star Wars.