Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like his skill level to be more closer to his first where he is a Martial Artist, Master Scientist, with peak/perfect physical condition to perform amazing feats you would consider Superhuman but not Kryptonian/Meta-Human level.

BANNED

Another alternative is to keep him away from super-powered allies and enemies as much as possible. Then you don't have to strain credulity with his feats.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Another alternative is to keep him away from super-powered allies and enemies as much as possible. Then you don't have to strain credulity with his feats.
    And that's not gonna happen. He's in the JLA. And will likely remain a regular for a long time.

Giving him powers & keeping him away from super-powered heroes are both not alternatives really, because both just aren't happening.

Don't worry about the creduility of his feats, he's a very fictional colorful costumed comic book hero, get over it. That's the only true alternative.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-21-2015 at 11:04 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Can we talk about unicorns instead, because I have a better chance of seeing one than Batman permanently getting powers

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Can we talk about unicorns instead, because I have a better chance of seeing one than Batman permanently getting powers
    And I have a better chance of seeing a unicorn and winning the lottery on the same day than Batman staying away from other super-powered heroes.

But I know the OP is never short of ...ideas on how to fix perceived flaws in the DCU.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-21-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I don't see the point in giving Batman superpowers any more then I see a point in keeping him away from superpowered individuals. Neither one of those things is likely to ever happen. He's a founding member of the Justice League and he has enemies that have powers of a sort so there's no way of getting around it short of cutting Gotham and everyone in it completely off from the rest of the DCU permanently. I don't see that happening either.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Batman already has a superpower. Money and unlimited resources. no matter how many billion dollar Batplanes he crashes there's always more. he's kind of like Bugs Bunny in the sense that whenever he needs something he just reaches behind his back and magically has it.

i loved Grant's take on that in Final Crisis with the Super Young Team Member, Most Excellent Superbat. "I have the greatest power of them all. I am so rich I can do anything!"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    And I have a better chance of seeing a unicorn and winning the lottery on the same day than Batman staying away from other super-powered heroes.
    Maybe if you view in big scale (canon) and summarize the character. There's like kazillion stories where batman doesn't work with super-powered heroes.

Batman does not need superpowers because the physics of his Universe allows Superman to exist while ours does not to our current understanding. The strongest I could see any writer making Batman is an equal of Golden Age Superpowers with only his original set of powers because he was just from a race of Human like being millions of years ahead of Earth. Superman now is and Alien with powers Batman should never have on a permanent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by brainticket View Post
    Maybe if you view in big scale (canon) and summarize the character. There's like kazillion stories where batman doesn't work with super-powered heroes.
    That's exactly how I'm viewing it, in totality. Batman will be JLAing and eventing it up with the rest of the superpowered heroes.

Incredible Member

Being Batman is a superpower itself if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    And that's not gonna happen. He's in the JLA. And will likely remain a regular for a long time.

Giving him powers & keeping him away from super-powered heroes are both not alternatives really, because both just aren't happening.

Don't worry about the creduility of his feats, he's a very fictional colorful costumed comic book hero, get over it. That's the only true alternative.
    Exactly. People are getting too caught up in "realism."