Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    So, why shouldn't people who lied on documentation used to obtain citizenship be stripped of their citizenship?
    There is a difference between doing that when you come across it and creating an office for the sole purpose of looking for it, especially givin this administrations open hostility towards any immigrant. ICE tries to deport people for belonging to fictional gangs, and I get the feeling that this new office will try to strip citizenship based on fraud it created itself.

So, why shouldn't people who lied on documentation used to obtain citizenship be stripped of their citizenship?
    That's fine. I think people are just expressing their opinion that said power won't be being used honestly or evenhandedly.
    An extension of the problem a lot of people have with Jared "Oops let me just fix that 400 times" Kushner.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I don't get why you are even bothering to engage in strawman bs. It's clear he wanted to use that as an opportunity to paint people who had issues with Hillary as misogynists because it's easier to say "oh they all just didn't like her because she's a woman" as opposed to really considering why some people didn't want to vote for her.
    Well, considering most "problems" you guys with her were hypocritical at best, completely bullshit at worst, I have no choice but to draw my own conclusions.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Is it retroactive and does it impact the descendants of people who lied to get in? Meaning where exactly did your family immigrate from Mets? Maybe we should look into their paperwork.

You know, just in case.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

You know who else stripped people of their citizenship?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Well, considering most "problems" you guys with her were hypocritical at best, completely bullshit at worst, I have no choice but to draw my own conclusions.
    1. I voted for her do clearly my problems with her weren’t significant enough to sway much for me.
    2. Just because you happen to disagree with other people’s grievances doesn’t mean they are invalid or a deflection for mysogny. That’s just a straw man cop out. There’s plenty of reasons to dislike her politics.

Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors in New York as his attorneys leave case

Cohen, now with no legal representation, is likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors in New York, sources said. This development, which is believed to be imminent, will likely hit the White House, family members, staffers and counsels hard.
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-lawy...l_twitter_abcn
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 06-13-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Hillary was right!

Do you think they will include Melania?

AP Story Confirms Melania Lied, Broke Immigration Laws
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Vanity Fair described a source close to Cohen as saying Cohen had told he friends he "expects to be arrested any day now."
    https://www.businessinsider.de/white...18-6?r=US&IR=T

Trump's blood pressure must be a thing of beauty today.

Hillary was right!

According to the NYTimes, Cohen “will seek new legal counsel. The issue is primarily over payment of the legal bills of one of his lawyers.”

How can you be so corrupt and still not be rich? They even suck at being corrupt!

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It's a nonsense argument anyway -- just more racist dog-whistle politics in action.

Equating "diversity" with "less-qualified" is always a dead giveaway -- the assumption that a "diverse" candidate is somehow inherently less-qualified than a "non-diverse" (i.e. "straight white male") candidate speaks volumes about said perspective.
    He actually used “diverse” to describe a single person? If so, I’d agree that’s something of a red flag.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 06-13-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    This is why Republicans are Dangerous. The real Political Correctness is this right here.

GOP lawmaker wants Michigan teens to learn the KKK is anti-Republican — not anti-black
    Ah yes, another version of the argument that the 19th century versions of the two parties are exactly the same as the 21st century versions, completely ignoring how the two parties completely switched sides in the mid 20th century. Theodore Roosevelt would not recognize today's Republican Party and Woodrow Wilson would not recognize today's Democratic Party.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Been a while, but let's check in on a terrible human being, Steve King.

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) retweeted a British neo-Nazi on Tuesday, the latest in a series of incidents in which the congressman has parroted or promoted the views of unabashed white supremacists and other bigots.

“Europe is waking up... Will America... in time?” King tweeted, linking to an anti-immigrant tweet from political activist Mark Collett.

Collett is one of Britain’s most high-profile white supremacists. He has expressed admiration for Adolf Hitler and has called himself a “Nazi sympathizer.”

King’s office did not respond to multiple requests for comment Tuesday as to whether he condones the views of neo-Nazis, whether he’s concerned his views align with those of neo-Nazis or whether a U.S. congressman should be amplifying a neo-Nazi on Twitter.

King’s office also did not respond when asked if the congressman considers himself a white nationalist.

The tweet, posted early Tuesday morning, hasn’t been deleted.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

Not to mention that Trump and his wife took advantage of "chain migration" to get her parents over here, which Trump and Sessions want to eliminate. That stuff is a bad! except when the Trumps did it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

Can't wait to see how the talking heads on Faux News bends over backwards defending FFLOTUS (Fake First Lady Of The United States).

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.de/white...18-6?r=US&IR=T

Trump's blood pressure must be a thing of beauty today.
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Oval Office when Mount St. Trump erupts.

Reading that, I've arrived at the following conclusion: King is a Nazi lover.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!