Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Some people, like Trump, are naturally loud. Others have to work on it. But then, after the campaign is done and the dust settles, President Hillary can go back to Teddy Roosevelt's advice of Speak Softly but Carry a Big Stick.
    In some cases size does matter, and larger torsos, lungs, and heads give larger reverberating chambers and more sound with some exceptions (little screaming kids cut right to the bone). It's not always GOOD sound, but it doesn't do anything for how long your throat can pull it off. That takes practice, and I think Trump has had much more experience shouting for the cameras.

Clinton megadonor unleashes mega-rant on Trump

“He’s not a successful businessman; he is not a billionaire; this is a guy, who, I promise you, doesn’t pay taxes … and he is an oppressor of the weak,” Saban said.

“He claims that he ‘never settles.’ Well, all I can tell you as chairman of Univision is that he sued us, and he settled,” Saban continued.

He also blasted Trump for suggesting that, as president, he would be neutral in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict before shifting course.

“One day he says he’s going to be neutral on the issue of the Israeli-Palestinian problem, and the next day — I guess after he gets some Republicans to give him a lot of money — he says, ‘Yes, Israel should build in the settlements,’” Saban said. “The danger here is that he doesn’t understand the conflict between those two statements; he just doesn’t get it.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    In some cases size does matter, and larger torsos, lungs, and heads give larger reverberating chambers and more sound with some exceptions (little screaming kids cut right to the bone). It's not always GOOD sound, but it doesn't do anything for how long your throat can pull it off. That takes practice, and I think Trump has had much more experience shouting for the cameras.
    But loud doesn't mean smart or right or good. A person shouldn't be judged by the volume of their speech, but by the words and meaning with in. Yes, Hillary is going to need to take care of her voice, that is the price one pays in trying to reach a large crowd.

Edit: Unless you are an actor or a singer, but then that is part of the job.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    I didn't defend. I'm in attack mode.
    You can ignore the election, or vote third party or whatever, that's fine. You can criticize, that's fine. But at this point, ATTACKING Hillary is SUPPORTING Trump. One of these two will be President, and if it's Trump it'll largely be because of attacks on Hillary. Maybe some are deserved, but that's the practical effect. Helping Trump. You can tear Hillary down all day and it won't do **** for Jill Stein.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It doesn't shock me , if the leaders won't fall a number of supporters and voters are hoping off the Trump train ride into ****. They don't want no part of him. The leaders maybe spineless , but the people they want to vote ...its gonna be a rough road ahead.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    You can ignore the election, or vote third party or whatever, that's fine. You can criticize, that's fine. But at this point, ATTACKING Hillary is SUPPORTING Trump. One of these two will be President, and if it's Trump it'll largely be because of attacks on Hillary. Maybe some are deserved, but that's the practical effect. Helping Trump. You can tear Hillary down all day and it won't do **** for Jill Stein.
    No it's not supporting anybody. That's the thing. Hillary was never going to get my vote. Trump was never going to get my vote. To my estimation the best thing that could happen to this country is that Trump U and Hillary's email thing gets blown up and they both get thrown in jail or their parties have to abandon them.

Your critique can't be "if you attack the candidate I like, you are defacto supporting this other candidate, thus you get the label of a Trump supporter". That's not a real criticism. It's a way to label people who have real grievances as a supporter of something equally or less appealing. It's just not a discussion. Hillary does not deserve to not be attacked by virtue of her running against Trump. Unless you believe that this election should be a pissing match instead of an actual discussion about the candidates.

Because ultimately the attitude you have is the one that emboldens the shitty system we have and prevents the country from evolving and getting better. That's the long and short of it. You can only play lesser of two evils so many times until you wake up one day and realize you got a war hawk on the big things every President is going in the wrong direction.

Major Golf Tournament Leaving Trump for Mexico

The PGA Tour will be moving a major golf tournament from Donald Trump's Miami-area course to Mexico City.

And isn't it ironic, don't you think?

The presumptive Republican nominee declared in his first speech as a presidential candidate that some Mexicans are criminals and rapists. It was the first time Trump mentioned his now-infamous wall, which he promised - and continues to promise - to build on the United States' southern border. But the decision to move the World Golf Championships (WGC) event from Trump National Doral in Miami, which had been the home of the event for more than 50 years, to Mexico has nothing to do with politics, according to the PGA Tour commissioner.

BANNED

And just to further my point. When you keep justifying the "lesser of two evils" you wake up one day and realize that Reaganomics was a piece of ****. The Clintons continued that crap by massive deregulation. Bush allowed the bubble to collapse under his watch. Obama basically let them all walk away scot-free. And now the gap between the rich and the poor is as prevalent as ever and even though the economy is recovering it is incredibly fragile and the damage will last for a long time.

The only area where you could really argue advancements is in social policies. And that has very little to do with who was President and more to do with cultural trends.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Soon, the Bushes and Romney might be the sole dissidents in the GOP:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...s-donald-trump
    I'm not a republican, but I find this disappointing

And just to further my point. When you keep justifying the "lesser of two evils" you wake up one day and realize that Reaganomics was a piece of ****. The Clintons continued that crap by massive deregulation. Bush allowed the bubble to collapse under his watch. Obama basically let them all walk away scot-free. And now the gap between the rich and the poor is as prevalent as ever and even though the economy is recovering it is incredibly fragile and the damage will last for a long time.

The only area where you could really argue advancements is in social policies. And that has very little to do with who was President and more to do with cultural trends.
    "Perfect is the enemy of the good."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    "Perfect is the enemy of the good."
    Bad argument. Different between perfect and just bad. I can accept a candidate with flaws. Bernie was a candidate with flaws.

It's the dirty little secret of American politics. On the big stuff, they all think similar things to different shades. They get you to argue on small wedge issues to win elections knowing full well that stuff sorts itself out.

Bad argument. Different between perfect and just bad. I can accept a candidate with flaws. Bernie was a candidate with flaws.

It's the dirty little secret of American politics. On the big stuff, they all think similar things to different shades. They get you to argue on small wedge issues to win elections knowing full well that stuff sorts itself out.
    Wasn't making an argument. I felt your attitude perfectly encapsulates that feeling of letting perfect be the enemy of good. Democratic policies have helped a lot of people, sometimes in spite of the Democrats. But tossing them away in the name of ideological purity is your choice. If you're comfortable throwing people to the wolves, don't blame those of us who aren't making the same choice you are.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Woohoo! Paul Ryan boards the Trump Train. Resistance is futile.

Not that I think Trump, running on the outsider antiestablishment angle, really needed his support perhaps.
    This guy can't be for real. With each post he sounds more and more like performance art.

Thank god someone told Hillary not to shriek like she like a dying animal through this speech. Could be more unbearable, than it already is. Good points. Too bad, you know, practice what you preach is a thing.
    Does anyone ever tell Trump to not be so loud or Bernie not to sound so much like an old man from the Lower East Side? I mean, plenty of people make fun of their voices, but they don't offer them unsolicited advice on how to change it. Hillary seems to hear it all the time, and so have Elizabeth Warren and Nancy Pelosi from time to time. You can say it's not sexist all you want, but that doesn't make it true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Does anyone ever tell Trump to not be so loud or Bernie not to sound so much like an old man from the Lower East Side? .
    Yes.

And people have mocked Trump and Bernie's voices far more than Warren's ever (if at all been mocked) can't speak to Pelosi. But I can tell you for a fact Warren's not even close.

You can try to keep implying that it's sexist but there's 3 candidates in this race, all three have had people mocked how they talked. It's only sexist when Hillary's on the receiving end. For reasons...