Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    As far as the Iran deal goes, I feel like the Republicans all have a particular policy in mind that they're doing a very poor job of hiding. So if we reject the treaty, then maybe we should go back to imposing harsh sanctions, but that's what we've been doing this whole time and it hasn't worked so there's no reason to believe that it will suddenly start working now. So the implication then is that some kind of military solution needs to be imposed, but putting boots on the ground is messy and even if we win the war there isn't any pro-Western regime we can prop up to replace the current one. Okay, so maybe a couple of airstrikes will do the job, at least none of our guys have to die for that, but strategic bombing has basically never worked and if anything only strengthens the will to resist. So the only conclusion here is that, in order to eliminate the threat of a nuclear armed Iran, we would have to annihilate them entirely by employing weapons of mass destruction ourselves. And then, we shall have peace.
    Iran's willingness to deal suggests that there can be a better arrangement available where they get what they want (economic gains that come with the end of sanctions) and we get what we want (Avoiding the drama of a theocracy using the threat of nuclear war as a bargaining tactic.)

The military solution would only need to be imposed if it seems likely that Iran would become a nuclear power. An Iran sensible enough that an end to sanctions is a worthwhile arrangement isn't going to play chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Yes, because that is three services.
    But it means that the number of Planned Parenthood patients who get abortions from the organization is higher than three percent.

And then all those women who need them would just not have them and everything would be puppies and rainbows. It's not like they'd be forced to resort to other means that might leave them bleeding to death in some back-alley butcher shop. Of course, the "pro-life" people don't give a **** about that.
    I think pro-life people see the reduction in abortions as a net gain, because many more lives will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    How does "stop doing this perfectly legal and medically valid procedure because some people don't like it" represent a compromise of any kind?

There already is a push to get them to stop, but not because it's repugnant, but because it's medical malpractice. Abortion is not even comparable.

EDIT: Pretty much Coke to Spike.
    If an organization wants money from the government, that can come with conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, all the experts think it's an incredibly well done piece of diplomacy. Including notable Republicans who aren't partisan assholes who just block everything the White House does on instinct. Or the people who hold water all the time for those crazy wankers, like yourself.

Well, you're giving Mark Sanford too much credit (not surprising). Especially when he put out a press release where he proclaimed it was "evident" that Planned Parenthood was breaking the law (when all the investigations have shown they didn't).

Seriously, Mets. How do you deny the pattern of these idiots all saying and doing the same things on issues? Especially when they often go the extra mile of explaining their votes, without any basis in reality?
    You see a pattern. I see a large sample size.

The Iran deal was opposed by every Republican in Congress (with the exception of Thomas Massie of Kansas who just voted "Present") as well as 25 House Democrats, and four Democratic Senators, including Chuck Schumer, their likely next leader.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The only way 'the Substitute' could be more racist was if the lead shouted 'White power!" after each punch.
    I admit some of the teacher lines was funny for the whole threat of physical violence that would happen.

"Shh , no talking in the library..."

"You are history."

I remember after it came out I told a teacher that I wanted to become a teacher. Then she asked the reason behind it... "Tom Berenger taught me I could beat the crap outta unruly students and get paid to do it !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Teachers do get a bad rap.
    Last edited by Passyunk; 12-09-2015 at 09:46 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert on my phone saying the cop who went WWE on that schoolgirl in South Carolina had been fired. The cynic in me says this situation is going to blow up real good, real fast. The FOP will raise a stink; the cop will lawyer up; Faux News talking heads will rant and rave like lunatics, calling the cop a brave hero and the girl a disobedient whore; BlackLivesMatter will get involved; the case against will go to court and get thrown out; the cop will be rehired and the excrement will hit the fan.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

This whole issue with the cop and student goes deeper than white vs black. Unfortunately the pea brains in the media and their alcolytes fail at substanative reasoning. Cops are doing the jobs of the faculty. A principle should have been brought in not the cop. But when spanking has been shunned and parents can be sued for abuse and educators wont do it for the same reason, then the whole idea of respect and disipline will only create wild kids with no respect for authority. Systemic failure down the line and some cop gets the punishment for it. certainly losing his job was justified but the whole incident shows a total lack of accountability from all the so called adults in the room. But these are the same educators that implement zero tolerance policies that get kids expelled for nail clippers and asprine and finger guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Passyunk View Post
    Who else would point out the knuckle-dragging neanderthals driving the clown car that is the GOP? Maybe the soporific hosts of NPR? They are slightly more covert. But not much. I have been told that I cannot listen to anything besides NPR if I am a free-thinking individual... Not even baseball broadcasts, because they dramatize athleticism... I was told that sports are evil and are controlled by corporations and that competition is the devil. Commercials are the method that they really get to us. That's directly a quote from my local liberal coworker... Not even kidding. Not every person is born with athletic ability, so if you enjoy that type of thing, you pretty much don't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us people that are born with normal abililities. Everything is unfair, so we have to equalize things. It makes sense that we should all suffer as much as the least-common denominator. How dare you have a enjoy things when people live terrible lives!?!?! You there enjoying things... STOP. Everything must suffer equally, you idiots. It's too bad that there are better solutions out there.
    I'm sorry the mean person said mean things to you. There there. There there.

Quote Originally Posted by gantz_alien_killer View Post
    This whole issue with the cop and student goes deeper than white vs black. Unfortunately the pea brains in the media and their alcolytes fail at substanative reasoning. Cops are doing the jobs of the faculty. A principle should have been brought in not the cop. But when spanking has been shunned and parents can be sued for abuse and educators wont do it for the same reason, then the whole idea of respect and disipline will only create wild kids with no respect for authority. Systemic failure down the line and some cop gets the punishment for it. certainly losing his job was justified but the whole incident shows a total lack of accountability from all the so called adults in the room. But these are the same educators that implement zero tolerance policies that get kids expelled for nail clippers and asprine and finger guns.
    If the only way you can get kids to listen to you is by hitting them if they don't, that's not respect.

I'm sorry the mean person said mean things to you. There there. There there.
    You were able to parse something out of all that? Sarah Palin is more coherent.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

If the only way you can get kids to listen to you is by hitting them if they don't, that's not respect.
    And maybe hiring a cop with a history of bad behavior and two civil rights lawsuits for violating the rights of African-Americans to provide a "safe environment" at a school that's populated with 52% African-American students.

Or, I dunno, finding a better policy for handling "kids on cellphones" in an age populated with them than calling in a cop that outweighs them by 100 lbs or more to flip them out of their chairs.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

And doing nothing has worked out sooooo well. Being a friend to you kid does not benifit them or society. parents need to be parents. And im not suggesting to beat a child for every infraction. And of course your response is clearly a way to dodge the whole issue by making it into something it is not. Corporal punishment should be brought back and these emotional wimps that are afraid some child will be forever scared for it are the root problens with disobidient disrespectful attitudes. Might dont make right but it sure does make a point. And fear is a great motivator. I guess thats why this generation is as pittiful as it is, no one has had to feel the pain of a paddle with holes drilled out to allow less wind resistence on their rear when they cintinue to thumb their nose at instruction and correction.

BANNED

speaking as someone who came out of an abusive household - both me and my mom were punching bags, mostly me though - and even have a couple scars as reminders

its not all or nothing, you can discipline your kids without instilling fear, the problem is many parents are ill equipped and don't want to do the hard work as opposed to just whacking their kids - which is easier

A couple days ago I brought up one guy bragging about his job prospects and how he'd never be in a position like working at McDonalds and more. Well today a young college jackass replied and brings up how ..."Everyone has a chance at a college education. There is no excuse for it." I replied that isn't exactly true and brought up 2 points. Some can't afford the higher education he speaks of and that some have learning issues and can't.

So I can't wait til he finds a way to get around this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by gantz_alien_killer View Post
    And doing nothing has worked out sooooo well. Being a friend to you kid does not benifit them or society. parents need to be parents. And im not suggesting to beat a child for every infraction. And of course your response is clearly a way to dodge the whole issue by making it into something it is not. Corporal punishment should be brought back and these emotional wimps that are afraid some child will be forever scared for it are the root problens with disobidient disrespectful attitudes. Might dont make right but it sure does make a point. And fear is a great motivator. I guess thats why this generation is as pittiful as it is, no one has had to feel the pain of a paddle with holes drilled out to allow less wind resistence on their rear when they cintinue to thumb their nose at instruction and correction.
    There's a wide range of options between "doing nothing" and hitting the kid. You can withhold privileges, move the rest of the class away from her, deprive her of an audience, etc. And if you're not suggesting beat a child for every infraction, what would you suggest be done for those lesser infractions where corporal punishment is not appropriate?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/1...y?detail=email

So the question I'm asking is: Is Kasich getting ready to bow out of the Republican nomination process, or out of the Republican Party altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/1...y?detail=email

So the question I'm asking is: Is Kasich getting ready to bow out of the Republican nomination process, or out of the Republican Party altogether?
    I think he's finally hit the wall of frustration and may switch parties. Judging from his clip he seemed to sense that these extreme right wing idiots have killed his party.