Page 6872 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 58726372677268226862686868696870687168726873687468756876688269226972 ... LastLast
Results 103,066 to 103,080 of 104733
    BANNED

But certain people on this thread keep telling me Bernie and his Followers (All those Bros like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Alison Hartson, Nina Turner, Paula Jean-Swearengin, etc.) are the Ron Pauls of the party, and will be forgotten and amount to nothing in the long term.

Bernie and his crew bring a LOT to the party. They definitely bring the path forward.
    These are the faces of the party, who follow the path laid forth not by the Establishment that despises and downplays them. But the Progressive future.

MAJORITY OF DEMOCRATS WANT CANDIDATES TO BE MORE LIKE BERNIE SANDERS, POLL FINDS

57% is not a small number even if you +/- the 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    She didn't film him, the forest officer, only their feet, meaning could be anyone.
    I think that may be incorrect.

I've seen one, maybe two, officers on the footage on the news. While I don't know if I could guess at their ethnicity, you do see them.

I was a bit surprised just to see a forest preserve officer on the job.

BANNED

If We're a Representative Republic (Modern Democracy) The Superdelegates are the ANTITHESIS of "WE THE PEOPLE!"
    For the Democrats to want to keep them is not very Democratic.

DNC Rules Committee Votes To Gut Power Of Superdelegates
    The controversial system has come under criticism from progressives.

The POTUS' SCOTUS pick owes A LOT of money and has a lot of debt (owing more than assets on hand).

Seems he lacks ... judgement.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quick, everyone hide their combs and irons!
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    MAJORITY OF DEMOCRATS WANT CANDIDATES TO BE MORE LIKE BERNIE SANDERS, POLL FINDS

57% is not a small number even if you +/- the 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

On another note, when Huckabee-Sanders was asked about General Kelly looking pissed the whole time during the NATO breakfast she said ... "he was displeased because he was expecting a full breakfast and there were only pastries and cheese."

W.T.F.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-11-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Bernie needs a comb...

BANNED

Well Damn! I actually agree with the Judge on this. Too bad grey suit guy got his feelings hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Perfect example of how cowardly corporate media is. I particularly like the contrast presented between 'objectivity' and 'neutrality'. I long for a day when objectivity rules the media, rathervthan neutrality...
    CNN still doesn't get it. Objectivity does not mean that you can't express an opinion. Objectivity means looking for the facts, and if you find that one side argues in good faith, based on facts, and the other side argues based on bullshit, and changes their argument whenever they're called out on their bullshit, it is not a violation of objectivity to point out the bullshit. It's not even a violation of objectivity to use the word, "bullshit."

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    If We're a Representative Republic (Modern Democracy) The Superdelegates are the ANTITHESIS of "WE THE PEOPLE!"
    For the Democrats to want to keep them is not very Democratic.

DNC Rules Committee Votes To Gut Power Of Superdelegates
    The controversial system has come under criticism from progressives.
    Why does nobody ever seem to complain about how undemocratic Caucuses are?

"We the people" actually has nothing to do with what candidate each Party puts forth for the General Election. Would you have asked in 2006 that the Connecticut for Lieberman Party hold a Primary to determine who their candidate was going to be? At any rate, how political Parties conduct their Primaries are not held to the same rules as General Elections. As undemocratic as it seems, every Party is basically allowed to choose from a wide variety of methods to pick their candidate, so long as it maintains the appearance of impartiality (note - Party leadership revealing their biases does not legally constitute favoritism in this process).
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I'm surprised Trump hasn't said nice things about the dictators of Laos, Myanmar, and Eritrea yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Why does nobody ever seem to complain about how undemocratic Caucuses are?

"We the people" actually has nothing to do with what candidate each Party puts forth for the General Election. Would you have asked in 2006 that the Connecticut for Lieberman Party hold a Primary to determine who their candidate was going to be? At any rate, how political Parties conduct their Primaries are not held to the same rules as General Elections. As undemocratic as it seems, every Party is basically allowed to choose from a wide variety of methods to pick their candidate, so long as it maintains the appearance of impartiality (note - Party leadership revealing their biases does not legally constitute favoritism in this process).
    Yes, I despised Lieberman, because I knew what he stood for.

I don't like Caucuses much either. To me when you have a Primary, you open the primary to all available voters in the state in your party, and to independents as they are the middle of the voter pool.
    Republican or Democrat, you only lock out the people in direct opposition to your party.

Party leaders hold the primaries among the viable candidates, then the people choose. The party supports the cost of the primaries, and keep the rules even keel state to state.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I'm surprised Trump hasn't said nice things about the dictators of Laos, Myanmar, and Eritrea yet.
    TRUMP LIKES RODRIGO DUTERTE MUCH MORE THAN U.S. INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES, AND THE PHILIPPINES IS CONCERNED

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Precisely. That’s why I was baffled that you and the Punisher seemed to phrase things as if it made a difference if officer white or Hispanic.
    Because to a lot of people there is. Some would say he's not being bigoted, just a jerk. There are some out there that don't think other races can be racist. Unfortunately, in a lot of cases it is some one white, thus painting a picture that someone who wasn't would step in, even though that might not be the case.

Open primaries are awful. All you're doing is allowing the other side to organize monkey wrenching in closely contested contests. You should have to be a Democrat to vote in the Democratic primary. I don't think suggesting that members of the party be able to select their own candidates is shocking.

Caucuses are even worse.

A party-member primary really is the best system. If you want to be able to influence the party, you should need to be a member of it. It's not like its hard to join.