Just to point this out:

Quote Originally Posted by Brigonos Chomhgaill View Post
    He might not actually be a racist, he could just be saying racist things and stoking racist sentiment and espousing racist policies to get elected. He might actually be very open-minded and inclusive behind closed doors. Like a reverse Hulk Hogan.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, and there's been a lot of clues to suggest that, even on immigration. When you're fighting against all odds, you're gonna try to net whoever.
    The above directly contradicts the following.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    There are honest goals, but he understands that everything is negotiable and not firm and he may have to bend. That's a good attitude to have. Trump knows Congress won't be able to make a bunch of his general goals happen. President Obama correctly lamented how little power the President has.
    Unless you are saying that all of the racist and outrageous things he's saying aren't honest goals and he's not saying what he honestly wants to do AKA lying to both halves of the political spectrum AKA biting the hand that feeds you after pissing on the other hand.

I imagine it's kind of like when you're young and less confidant, you tell girls things about yourself that maybe aren't entirely true so they'll go out with you - but if you're a billionaire and the girl is America, the white lies you tell probably have to be much bigger in scale.
    I'd rather not have a President that immature and insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I cannot tell if you are serious or doing a masterful troll job.
    I'm thinking similarly.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Ben Carson Admits That His Campaign Is Over

Finally, he saw the light. And it wasn't shining on him.
    About freaking time. Carson's campaign was a joke almost from day one since he had zero shot at the Republican nomination. Basically, Carson was a token the GOP pushed out there to say to everyone: "See? We're inclusive! Look at our black candidate!" But that was bogus to the nines, and everyone knew it. See ya, Ben, don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    But it's your fault Bernie didn't win. You just don't know what's good for you. Why do you vote against your own best interests?

Sound familiar?
    Sounds like something Clinton would say. :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Sounds like something Clinton would say. :P
    We'll never know because she has like 80 percent of the black vote.

So, basically, you are saying his whole campaign and every single stupid quote out of his mouth is a big fat lie just to get elected.... so he can push his moderate policies.

This is insane.

But, i'll roll with it

WHAT ARE HIS POLICIES THEN? Name 5 please
    #1 Make America great again.
    #2 Unsign that thing so fast.
    #3 Figure out what's going on with those Muslims.
    #4 Make us always be winning.
    #5 Get all the best guys to work on the other stuff. (Also part of making America great again).

It's really very simple and well thought out.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 03-02-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Ben Carson Admits That His Campaign Is Over

Finally, he saw the light. And it wasn't shining on him.
    I heard Carson woke up after a long nap..."Damn did I fall asleep through the last few weeks ?" "Yes sir you did...." "Ahhh ok bad to beddy bye...."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

He might not actually be a racist, he could just be saying racist things and stoking racist sentiment and espousing racist policies to get elected. He might actually be very open-minded and inclusive behind closed doors. Like a reverse Hulk Hogan.
    As John Oliver pointed out the other night, at some point, there ceases to be a difference.

Or, as Vonnegut put it fifty-odd years ago, we are what we pretend to be.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

While I would like to think I am just that super-good at trolling, I am vaguely concerned that some cannot spot a clearly ludicrous statement when it is voiced.

Still, I suppose that's how the Donald is where he is right now.

Donald Trump's Campaign Gave Press Credentials To A White Nationalist Radio Program

Donald Trump's presidential campaign gave press credentials to the white nationalist radio program The Political Cesspool, which says it will soon air an interview with Donald Trump Jr. National civil rights groups have criticized the program for supporting anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and white supremacists like David Duke. The show openly states on its website that it's a "pro-White" program that wishes "to revive the White birthrate above replacement level fertility." It is hosted by white nationalist James Edwards, who has claimed that Martin Luther King Jr.'s "dream is our nightmare," "interracial sex is white genocide," and "slavery is the greatest thing that ever happened to" African-Americans.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Invincible Member

So, basically, you are saying his whole campaign and every single stupid quote out of his mouth is a big fat lie just to get elected.... so he can push his moderate policies.

This is insane.

But, i'll roll with it

WHAT ARE HIS POLICIES THEN? Name 5 please
    Make America great

Build wall around Mexico and make mexicans pay for it

Tell Bill Gates to shut down the internet

Ban Muslims

Do well with women

He also wants to bang his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    He also wants to bang his daughter.
    Has he reached Jessica Simpson's dad levels yet?
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

The problem is Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth and then lets people project their beliefs on him.

"We are going to deport all Mexicans, but they can come back legally"
    "Planned Parenthood does wonderful things, but they do abortions so we'll defund them"
    "We are going to stop Muslims coming in, until we find out who they are" (what the **** does that mean)
    "We are going to blow ISIS to hell, but the interference in the Middle East is a disaster"
    "We are going to repeal Obamacare, but we aren't going to let people die in the streets" (again so what the **** is he advocating for)
    "I'm not going to disavow the KKK leaders support, oh I got confused, of course I will".
    "I'm going to replace Scalia with a conservative, but I'd love to have my pro choice sister on the court"
    "I'm a hard right conservative, but I'm a common sense conservative" (that certainly implies something)

He's saying everything so people can say "oh no he really thinks this". And then he packages that with the very real sentiment that the government is bought off and these idiots in Congress can't get anything done. Which naturally speaks to the severe dislike of the current U.S. government the majority of Americans have. And he tops it off with this projection of him as a winner who can get things done and cut deals.

Perfect storm.

In 1958, Wallace ran in the Democratic primary for governor. Since the 1901 constitution's effective disfranchisement of the state's blacks, and most poor whites as well, the Democratic Party had been virtually the only party in Alabama. For all intents and purposes, the Democratic primary was the real contest at the state level. This was a political crossroads for Wallace. State Representative George C. Hawkins of Gadsden ran, but Wallace's main opponent was state attorney general John Malcolm Patterson, who ran with the support of the Ku Klux Klan, an organization Wallace had spoken against. Wallace was endorsed by the NAACP. Wallace lost the nomination by over 34,400 votes.[12]

After the election, aide Seymore Trammell recalled Wallace saying, "Seymore, you know why I lost that governor's race? ... I was outniggered by John Patterson. And I'll tell you here and now, I will never be outniggered again."[note 1]

In the wake of his defeat, Wallace adopted a hard-line segregationist stance and used this stand to court the white vote in the next gubernatorial election in 1962. When a supporter asked why he started using racist messages, Wallace replied, "You know, I tried to talk about good roads and good schools and all these things that have been part of my career, and nobody listened. And then I began talking about niggers, and they stomped the floor."[15]
    Like Wallace, I've always felt that Trump's racism is opportunistic. which, in some ways, is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Or, as Vonnegut put it fifty-odd years ago, we are what we pretend to be.
    Mother Night is one of my favorite books.