The "ews" ought to be equally parceled out to Bill Clinton...

If you gotta go back to a guy who hasn't been President in almost 20 years...

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    The "ews" ought to be equally parceled out to Bill Clinton...
    I'm pretty sure Bill has been banned from CBR since shortly after the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If you gotta go back to a guy who hasn't been President in almost 20 years...
    When you got nothing to brag about with your team, you can always tear down the other team and hope that nobody notices.

This is stunning.

CNN reports that Russian trolls created over 100 Facebook events between 2015 and 2017, once even organizing opposing protests, pitting Americans against each other.

In one case, the troll group organized and promoted two opposing events on the same day at the same location in Houston, Texas.
    "Heart of Texas," a page that posed as a pro-Texas secession organization, promoted a "Stop Islamization of Texas" protest at the opening of a library at an Islamic Center on May 21, 2016. The same troll group used another page, "United Muslims of America," to promote a "Save Islamic Knowledge" event at the same time.
    The Russian group spent $200 promoting the events on Facebook, the company told Congress last fall.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    When you got nothing to brag about with your team, you can always tear down the other team and hope that nobody notices.
    That would only make sense if Trump was part of my "team."

Since you can't keep your own psychologizing argument straight, I'll rephrase to "sometimes a bad joke is just a bad joke."

That would only make sense if Trump was part of my "team."

Since you can't keep your own psychologizing argument straight, I'll rephrase to "sometimes a bad joke is just a bad joke."
    You and Trump are at the very least on the "pro Confederation" team. And you deserve each other.

Invincible Member

It's simple; he's "telling it like it is" about the people in society/government that the speakers already distrust or don't like.
    Except that he's not telling it like it is...he's making up BS. Just because someone doesn't like the target of his venom, that doesn't make the stuff he says true. Unfortunately, there's people who will roll with it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    How can a guy who lies more than any other politician in history be "authentic"? Because he openly admits his sexual assaults? Give me a break.
    There is the perception that he censors himself less than other politicians, who are less likely to tell people what they really believe.

There was a Meet the Press video about all the behind the scenes revisions of a single Hillary Clinton tweet, which highlights the contrast.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...one_tweet.html

I'm not trying to suggest Hillary is entirely unique in this regard. I'm sure Mitch McConnell and others are equally careful, but carefulness can leave the impression that a politician doesn't want voters seeing who they really are.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There is the perception that he censors himself less than other politicians, who are less likely to tell people what they really believe.

There was an article about all the behind the scenes revisions of a single Hillary Clinton tweet, which highlights the contrast.

I'm not trying to suggest Hillary is entirely unique in this regard. I'm sure Mitch McConnell and others are equally careful, but carefulness can leave the impression that a politician doesn't want voters seeing who they really are.
    When it comes to politics where words convey power, sometimes tremendous power, I’d prefer the men and women in that profession take measured, careful and deliberate responses when it comes to social media instead of loose cannons like Trump who carelessly shoot from the hip and end up being seen as idiots and/or jackasses. I’m sick to death of hearing how Dolt45 is “telling it like it is”, no, he’s just spewing whatever bullshit comes to mind and then becomes part of the public record.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

There was an article about all the behind the scenes revisions of a single Hillary Clinton tweet, which highlights the contrast.

You also have to pair this up with the cult-like mentality around Trump. His voters have often changed their own stances to match him rather than claiming that they don't agree with everything he does. When you have that, the followers will often insist that what their leader says is the truth even in the face of evidence to the contrary.

iMan 42s

So if I tell someone that they live in a shithole cause it doesn't look like my house, break apart families and say that they are a bunch of rapists and murderers with nothing to back up that claim, pick fights with people over Twitter, I.D the guy carrying the Nuclear football with a photo OP, I'm not an ******* I'm telling it how it is?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Invincible Member

There was a Meet the Press video about all the behind the scenes revisions of a single Hillary Clinton tweet, which highlights the contrast.

Trump doesn't say what he really believes though. He spews whatever he thinks will play to his base whether it's true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Trump doesn't say what he really believes though. He spews whatever he thinks will play to his base whether it's true or not.
    I think its' a little of both, depending on the situation and what mood he's in.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So if I tell someone that they live in a shithole cause it doesn't look like my house, break apart families and say that they are a bunch of rapists and murderers with nothing to back up that claim, pick fights with people over Twitter, I.D the guy carrying the Nuclear football with a photo OP, I'm not an ******* I'm telling it how it is?
    As long as you're a white male with an R in front of your name it's all good bro.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe