Page 556 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 5645650654655255355455555655755855956056660665610561556 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 104733
    BANNED

For the First Time Ever, a Prosecutor Will Go to Jail for Wrongfully Convicting an Innocent Man

Texas, not a big surprise. The innocent man spent a quarter of a century in prison because Ken Anderson withheld evidence. Anderson (now a judge) will get... 10 days in jail.

Ah, Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    For the First Time Ever, a Prosecutor Will Go to Jail for Wrongfully Convicting an Innocent Man

Texas, not a big surprise. The innocent man spent a quarter of a century in prison because Ken Anderson withheld evidence. Anderson (now a judge) will get... 10 days in jail.

Ah, Justice.
    Authority can never fail. It can only be failed.

I just want to add: 10 days.

/10 days/.

So ridiculous.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 11-17-2014 at 06:24 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    (Edited per moderator request)

During the 2012 elections, Mitt Romney was caught in lies by fact-checkers over 500 times. (about 20 a week) Steve Benen from the Washington Post documented it. Obama had... two that I can name off the top of my head. They were "You Didn't Build That" (which was more about the context and how the GOP tried to spin it), and, "You'll be able to keep your healthcare." (this one's more tangible). Other than that, I didn't see him getting caught in very many blatant ones.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=comp...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

BANNED

The much-maligned government program that funded the failed solar tech company Solyndra is expected to make taxpayers a $5 to $6 billion return, Bloomberg Businessweek reported on Wednesday.
    http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...rogram-profit/

I really feel like that gif is the perfect response to "THANKS, OBAMA!" people.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's our latest reminder of what a crock the statement "Nuh uh. Both parties are just as bad," actually is...
    It’s Your Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day!

Victoria Jackson

Yes, that is the same Victoria Jackson who spent most of the late 1980s and early 1990s as a cast member of Saturday Night Live, making a career out of only being able to act like a vacant, ditzy blonde, and playing the love interest opposite Weird Al Yankovic in the cult hit/box office disaster “UHF”. Now, there are probably two sorts of thoughts people are having about this entry right now.

The first thing some of you are still saying is, “No, seriously, WHO? Never heard of her.”

The second is, “WAIT A SECOND… you said you were keeping these entries limited to politicians who have run for office or helped write the party platform! She’s a celebrity!

Well, to that, I will report she actually did run for office in Tennessee this year, for county commissioner… even with her having the advantage of name recognition/fame, she still LOST in the primary, getting only half the votes that her two counterparts did, in spite of getting the money to actually run TV ads for the spot. Mind you, they were completely paranoid rants about creeping Sharia Law and communism, so… yeah, maybe not the best investment.

I know, it’s only a county commissioner seat, it’s hardly like she tried to run for U.S. Senate or anything, but come on, how the hell could anyone who ever goofed around on SNL ever be a Senator?

Oh, right. Anyway, the important difference between Senator Al Franken and Victoria Jackson would probably be that one is a liberal who is grounded in reality, and the other is a Tea Party Republican who is out of her friggin’ gourd crazy. Here’s some of her finer moments in “political commentary”.

I don’t know how else to wrap this profile up, other than say that I think even less of her as a performer now than I did when she was on SNL. Because for all the people playing a variety of hilarious characters during her days on the show, like Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey, Jan Hooks, Jon Lovitz, Nora Dunn, and others… she just played the ditzy blonde non-stop. And as it turns out, she wasn’t even acting. She’s actually that much of a moron, if not more.
    I remember one bit on SNL where Jackson dropped the baby-voice, got all serious and said that "...this is the real Victoria Jackson." Makes me wonder if this kind of level of crazy is all just one big Andy Kaufman-style piece of performance art.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I remember one bit on SNL where Jackson dropped the baby-voice, got all serious and said that "...this is the real Victoria Jackson." Makes me wonder if this kind of level of crazy is all just one big Andy Kaufman-style piece of performance art.
    Believe it or not, you're not the only one who suggested that, in researching her, a lot of people were thinking she couldn't be serious, and that was the case.

However, some of her old colleagues, like Julia Sweeney are pretty sure that she's not playing games, and it's for real.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

There's a state of emergency in Ferguson, the second time since Mike Brown was murdered.

BANNED

They'll still find a way to spin it against him.

There weren't any riots from Trayvon Martin...

Just announce Wilson will not be charged already Jesus. I'm sure we can take it.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    There's a state of emergency in Ferguson, the second time since Mike Brown was murdered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

Just announce Wilson will not be charged already Jesus. I'm sure we can take it.

not surprised in the least bit. especially when the prosecutor chose to not gve the grand jury and instructions or gave any arguments and instead just dropped all the the info and evidence on them and let them do his job and their duty. nixon, once again shows he's an a-hole

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

I'm more curious why there aren't any protests at all over the killing of John Crawford who had a bb gun in Walmart in an open carry state, and literally did absolutely nothing wrong. The guy who called the police was proven to be lying and nothing even happened to him at all either. There's substantial evidence to prove John Crawford did nothing at all wrong as opposed to the Mike Brown case where there are definite questions about what happened there, but Mike Brown is the higher profile case for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    I'm more curious why there aren't any protests at all over the killing of John Crawford who had a bb gun in Walmart in an open carry state, and literally did absolutely nothing wrong. The guy who called the police was proven to be lying and nothing even happened to him at all either. There's substantial evidence to prove John Crawford did nothing at all wrong as opposed to the Mike Brown case where there are definite questions about what happened there, but Mike Brown is the higher profile case for some reason.
    There are protests for Crawford. And Garner, and others. Trust me, I was at some of the Garner protests.

Thing is, those protests haven't led to nearly the same amount of police escalation.

BANNED

I'm more curious why recently the parents of Michael Brown were allowed to speak at an anti-torture committee. Why was this still allowed after the mother beat down and assaulted and robbed someone?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    There are protests for Crawford. And Garner, and others. Trust me, I was at some of the Garner protests.

Thing is, those protests haven't led to nearly the same amount of police escalation.
    Because there was no looting? I have to assume that's got to be the main difference in media coverage and police involvement of these different protests.