Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Give it time...

I've already seen people suggest that the problem is that Obama doesn't use the term "radical Islam" enuff
    Neither did Dubya for the longest time...

Which I always mention to my family members when they bring up Obama's similar refusal to say it. It helps that I have an uncle who actually claims Bush didn't make even the tiniest mistake over his 8 years. I have difficulty even typing that with a straight face.

For the rest of the Fox News watching relatives, I just say that Daesch wants us to refer to them as Islamists too. And only two types of people do what they KNOW the enemy wants them to do - morons or traitors, and I want to know which one is in charge at Fox.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Lemme get this straight...

Clinton gets credit The Violence Against Women act while Sanders(who actually gave a speech about it and tried to bring it back) had to have been for mass incarceration and not been for The Violence Against Women Act?

Doesn't work.
    No. They (Bill and Bernie) both get credit and blame for the whole bill. That's the way it works with bills. You may support them because they have provisions you like in them, but if you vote for them you have to take responsibility for the whole thing. Because the whole thing is what gets enacted.

But why are we still talking about Bernie? He's done. He's sending strong signals he's going to concede Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Been awhile, noticed nobody bothered doing anything to support the "Both Sides Are Just as Bad" Argument while I was gone, so I'll leave a summary of what I've had blogged elsewhere:
    Well, I did link a couple things about Debbie Wasserman Schulz, but even if she is given additional weight based on her position as head of the DNC the list is still very heavily tilted and unlikely to shift anytime soon.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, I did link a couple things about Debbie Wasserman Schulz, but even if she is given additional weight based on her position as head of the DNC the list is still very heavily tilted and unlikely to shift anytime soon.
    The DNC's Dragon Lady ain't got nothing on the whackjobs and scumbags in the Republican party who keep coming out of the woodwork in droves.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The DNC's Dragon Lady ain't got nothing on the whackjobs and scumbags in the Republican party who keep coming out of the woodwork in droves.
    Why are you saying what I already did?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Why are you saying what I already did?
    I did? Sorry about that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Hmm... I might have to give her a real strong look next April Fool's Day. She's decidedly shady, and terrible at her job. Pretty sure with enough research, she'd qualify.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Muslim leaders in Colorado are publicly condemning the shooting by a man in Orlando, Florida that killed at least 50 people and wounded at least 53 others.

Law enforcement believes Omar Mateen, 29, pledged allegiance to the Islamic extremist group ISIS and entered the Pulse nightclub around 2 a.m. Sunday.

The mosque leaders -- also called Imams -- gathered together at the Colorado Muslim Society Sunday afternoon with more than 200 other members.

The gathering started in prayer and quickly became a place of reassurance that the Muslim community was just as shocked about another act of violence carried out in their name.

"I want to assure you of your safety. We are human beings like you," said Shafi Abdul Aziz, Imam at the Colorado Muslim Society.

"We all condemn the loss of human life, which is sickening," said ShemsAdeen Ben-Masud, Imam of the Metro Denver North Islamic Center.

The mosque leaders, called Imams, said they feel obligated to speak out.

"We don't condone and we oppose and we reject whatever happened in Florida, what happened before in violence, what will happen tomorrow, you will find us opposing it," Aziz said.

"We wanted a platform where we can say, 'No. This is not us,'" said Karim Abuzaid, Imam at the Colorado Muslim Community Center.
    http://www.9news.com/news/nation-now...tack/241385165

Probably won't stop Fox and GOP talking heads from claiming muslim leaders don't condemn this.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    http://www.9news.com/news/nation-now...tack/241385165

Probably won't stop Fox and GOP talking heads from claiming muslim leaders don't condemn this.
    I literally saw this yesterday on a local Fox affiliate ( a talking head asking out loud why aren't more American Muslims condemning this and helping more with the war against terror). This guy also brought up the "we need to say Islomo-fascist more" thing.

I'm sick and tired of Trump.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    It appears that Omar Mateen failed to assimilate into the American culture, let alone tolerate the gays' social behavior such as kissing in public.
    I'm fairly certain, from information has been released, that he was born here. He was fairly well assimilated, but made his choices regardless. Not every natural born American Citizen is a Model of perfect Civility.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm sick and tired of Trump.
    Me too. I really wish Hillary had a real opponent, not this racist clown.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm glad Trump is talking tough about various solutions, he's upset about this.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Thanks, guys. I wondered what exactly happened to me, too.
    I know it's a little late, but welcome back, WBE. Shawn and I and a few others tried to hold the fort while you were away, but no one does it like you.