Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm fairly certain, from information has been released, that he was born here. He was fairly well assimilated, but made his choices regardless. Not every natural born American Citizen is a Model of perfect Civility.
    Actually, second generation citizens (or those brought over very young) being a failure point for integrating is a pattern that has come up before.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm glad Trump is talking tough about various solutions, he's upset about this.
    The only thing Trump is upset about is not getting enough Air-Time or Free Publicity out if it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm fairly certain, from information has been released, that he was born here. He was fairly well assimilated, but made his choices regardless. Not every natural born American Citizen is a Model of perfect Civility.
    Perhaps he never could fully assimilate and found American culture not to his liking. Well, short of a séance or uncovering some sort of manifesto on his computer, I guess we'll never know what was going on in his head.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm glad Trump is talking tough about various solutions, he's upset about this.
    And the rest of us aren't? Just because no one is ranting and raving like a loon doesn't mean we're NOT upset. Meanwhile, pray tell, what are those so-called "various solutions" beyond the crazy **** he's already proposed, like killing the wives and children of terrorists? Going after relatives and next door neighbors?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Is there a cliff notes version? I don't think anybody here is going to waste 42 minutes listening to that particular nitwit.

Omar has more in common with George Zimmerman than anyone from ISIS.

But alas, why would anyone want to confront that a terrorist may be homegrown, and have similar values.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Is there a cliff notes version? I don't think anybody here is going to waste 42 minutes listening to that particular nitwit.
    There is no reason to assume that those who have already decided he's a "nitwit" beforehand would be willing to "waste" any amount of valuable time listening to a cliff notes version.

He's presenting a case, there are sources in the link and as with all youtube videos jumping is a built-in option. You're either interested in listening to the argument or you're not.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

But alas, why would anyone want to confront that a terrorist may be homegrown, and have similar values.
    And therein lies the problem. Right wing zealots and crackpot conservatives don't have the stomach to deal with the madmen already in our midst, so they vent their outrage at the brown skinned bogeyman instead. Trump and other GOP knuckleheads keep screaming, "Keep out Muslims!" or "Keep out Syrians!", as if that will magically solve all our problems, especially since they don't account for killers who self-radicalize without ever leaving our shores. What if, god forbid, there's another mass killing like Orlando, but the shooter is of Asian descent? Do Republicans them scream, "Keep out Japanese!" or "Keep out Chinese!"? Where does it end before these asshat isolationists look inward at the lunatics who were born here and are full fledged citizens but, for, whatever reason, jump the rails and go berserk? The homegrown horrors are by far the bigger threat.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-13-2016 at 11:12 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

We built this monster, we need to own up to it

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And therein lies the problem. Right wing zealots and crackpot conservatives don't have the stomach to deal with the madmen already in our midst, so they vent their outrage at the brown skinned bogeyman instead. Trump and other GOP knuckleheads keep screaming, "Keep out Muslims!" or "Keep out Syrians!", as if that will magically solve all our problems, especially since they don't account for killers who self-radicalize without ever leaving our shores. What if, god forbid, there's another mass killing like Orlando, but the shooter is of Asian descent? Do Republicans them scream, "Keep out Japanese!" or "Keep out Chinese!"? Where does it end before these asshat isolationists look inward at the lunatics who were born here and are full fledged citizens but, for, whatever reason, jump the rails and go berserk? The homegrown horrors are by far the bigger threat.
    It's amazing that the conservative movement are far more excited to suggest "big government" solutions to regulate whole races of people, instead of any simple measure on gun control. Their gun rights matter far more to them than the rights of another human being. See also: Regulating the LGBTQ community in their use of bathrooms, while not wanting to regulate madmen with guns actually hunting them through a whole club, let alone a restroom (also, for years, blocking hate crime legislation that would protect them).

The hypocrisy, and priorities are ludicrous.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    It appears that Omar Mateen failed to assimilate into the American culture, let alone tolerate the gays' social behavior such as kissing in public.
    Tami is correct. The shooter is American, from all records. From all accounts from acquaintances, a very unbalanced and homophobic one.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

Because the moment you deal wit your home grown ones-you realize who they mainly are and what race.

You also end up having to help the group you don't want to help. Like Chiraq.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    We built this monster, we need to own up to it
    But owning up to it opens a ton of doors that would require helping folks who many don't want helped.

We want to go after every Muslim because of a few. Gee that sounds like the witch hunts blacks have had to deal with since slavery ended.

While we make excuses for white males when they do it or guys like Zimmerman because we don't care for the race of the kid he killed.

Instead of teaching tolerance of others, we are now in a battle of if it's not pandering to me-I got an issue with it and with this GUN I will fix it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Gunman Omar Mateen Described as Belligerent, Racist and 'Toxic'

Evidently the guy was such a tool that one colleague requested a transfer because he could not stand being around him anymore.
    I just don't understand how people live with such hatred in their hearts, and say the follow deities that promote love.

That's like being a believer in Aphrodite, and then killing somebody because they don't love you back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    There is no reason to assume that those who have already decided he's a "nitwit" beforehand would be willing to "waste" any amount of valuable time listening to a cliff notes version.

He's presenting a case, there are sources in the link and as with all youtube videos jumping is a built-in option. You're either interested in listening to the argument or you're not.
    I am not. I had my fill of horrible persons for this week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Tami is correct. The shooter is American, from all records. From all accounts from acquaintances, a very unbalanced and homophobic one.
    Yep, He was 100% born in the states. He didn't fail to assimilate into anything, just a bad seed.