Page 851 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 35175180184184784884985085185285385485586190195113511851 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,765 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Personally, I'm a liberal. But I'm also from Kentucky. I constantly see other liberals saying hurtful, stereotypical and unfair things about Kentucky and the south in general. Americans are pretty bad, but Europeans and people from Australia and New Zealand are incredibly vicious. I'm relatively reluctant to tell people I'm from Kentucky online.

I don't think these stereotypes should be any more acceptable to throw around than any other stereotypes. And I don't think it's an out to talk about power imbalances. Often these people are poor and uneducated.
    Those comment don't get called out by the folks that will jump down your through if you use the UN-PC term for something. In fact it SEEMS that they are the ones most likely to be making the comment look at post 12755 for a great example, o[en insultsincluding racial insults are PC if as long as they are aimed at a group it is PC to hate

Extraordinary Member

For anyone who wants information on the UK parties, and their ideas, heres a great resource:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2...=res!nation=uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    We were talking aqbout how PC supposedly equal politeness, But I guess it doesn't matter if the insults are hurled ad people that don't toe PC line on what beliefs are acceptable. Post something anti-gun control here and see how polite the responses are. And much of the rudeness will come from those saying the PC equals just being polite
    You're dodging. Do they hold the same weight, Mike?

But to engage in what you're talking about, outside of this discussion, when have you heard any of these terms get thrown around here? And when people do get rude, they also get banned. That's what tends to happen when you attack other posters.

I know that because I got banned for something like that, even though I was attacking someone who was defending outright murder.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

You just continue to provide proof of my point, It is OK to call some people names becasue they disagree with you or are the wrong color
    Wait, what? I don't use the terms brought up, but I think Jeff made it clear that the target's words and actions lead to ridicule, not their race.

Sounds like you want to excuse some bigots, to be honest.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    You're dodging. Do they hold the same weight, Mike?

But to engage in what you're talking about, outside of this discussion, when have you heard any of these terms get thrown around here? And when people do get rude, they also get banned. That's what tends to happen when you attack other posters.

I know that because I got banned for something like that, even though I was attacking someone who was defending outright murder.
    Dodging hell, and just a few posts up you can see racial insults, bigotry and hate being thrown with careless abandon

And I guess you have never seen a gun control thread here, the bile flows like the amazon river

BANNED

You just continue to provide proof of my point, It is OK to call some people names becasue they disagree with you or are the wrong color
    Again, it has nothing to do with their color. It's not even that they disagree. It's that they continue to make things worse for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Wait, what? I don't use the terms brought up, but I think Jeff made it clear that the target's words and actions lead to ridicule, not their race.

Sounds like you want to excuse some bigots, to be honest.
    You think the term ammosexual and cracker are acceptable? Or Jeffs post filled with racial insults?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Again, it has nothing to do with their color. It's not even that they disagree. It's that they continue to make things worse for others.
    Your comment on "crackers prove that to be a lie
    "Cracker: A white person. The dominant racial group in America, historically responsible for virtually every atrocity committed in the Americas and parts over the world. Has the most representation in government, disproportionately so. Has the most wealth."

Nothing about race here? BS

Dodging hell, and just a few posts up you can see racial insults, bigotry and hate being thrown with careless abandon
    Who, Jeff?

And I guess you have never seen a gun control thread here, the bile flows like the amazon river
    Oh it sure does. But it ain't a river; the stream doesn't go one way. Never does.

EDIT: Got a little too heavy on this one.
    Last edited by Double 0; 04-08-2015 at 07:36 AM.

You think the term ammosexual and cracker are acceptable? Or Jeffs post filled with racial insults?
    Yes though it won't lead to any good discussion, not personally (I just don't use it), and you and I must not be seeing the same post.

BANNED

Your comment on "crackers prove that to be a lie
    "Cracker: A white person. The dominant racial group in America, historically responsible for virtually every atrocity committed in the Americas and parts over the world. Has the most representation in government, disproportionately so. Has the most wealth."

Nothing about race here? BS
    What is disparaging about "cracker"? Go ahead, show me the centuries of oppression behind the word "cracker". Show me someone who was hurt by the word ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    It's more the fact that you just modified definitions, stereotyped, grouped together, and mocked large groups of people and used the fact that they aren't systemically discriminated or oppressed at this current juncture of history.
    I'm just going by the definitions as I understood them. I didn't look them up.

"Current juncture in history." Cracker please. For most of history and for the foreseeable future.

I'm a cracker, my family is crackers, my son can pass for a cracker. Oh gosh, that word hurts so much. How will I go on with my life? Oh, wait, it literally has no effect on how I view myself or how the law treats me.

It's like whenever there is a religious debate and someone says something derogatory about Christians and gets called out on it, you inevitably here someone sarcastically goes "oh the poor persecuted Christians" as a deflection. It's like no, you were still being a dick.
    Oh no, not that. We should always be respectful of institutions of power that seek to oppress others. Take your feigned indignation elsewhere.

BANNED

What is disparaging about "cracker"? Go ahead, show me the centuries of oppression behind the word "cracker". Show me someone who was hurt by the word ever.
    This right here illustrates the entire point btw. It's still a derogatory word. Most of us realize that it isn't comparable to the n word due to a long history of discrimination and oppression and such.

It's still a word used to insult and disparage a group of people nonetheless. The fact that you think that it's okay to say because it doesn't have the systemic oppression behind it speaks volumes. And then attach an even worse definition to it, again speaks volumes.

Co-signed.

(if only CBR had a "like" button)
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif