Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's really absolutely insane how the GOP accused Democrats of rushing their plans to implement the ACA, when it took over a year to finally vote on that bill, while they literally rushed a bill in secret, and plan on voting on it within days of unveiling it, before the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) can even grade it.
    They talk about it like the ACA is "in a Death Spiral" which is far, far from the truth. The 25% that the Republicans complain about, their plan increases it to 30% and actually will lead to a death spiral for health care.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Once Congress is no longer held by terrorists the ACA needs to come back pronto. It will instantly invalidate Paul Ryan's entire career, and send him into self destructive spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Watching MSNBC All In, listening to the talk about the new GOP Health care plan, its' insane.
    And yet what is currently dominating the news cycle? Trumps tweets.
    It's not a coincidence.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Trump warns House GOP members of electoral 'bloodbath' if repeal and replace fails

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/07/politi...are/index.html

Trump is going all in on repealing Obamacare and replacing it with this disaster.
    The former. He actually believes the rhetoric.
    I don't think he does. I think he's just an ***hole who wants to take away Obama's greatest achievement and replace it with a thing he can slap the TRUMP brand on instead. And like with most Trump-brand products, it's a s***ty knock-off.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't think he does. I think he's just an ***hole who wants to take away Obama's greatest achievement and replace it with a thing he can slap the TRUMP brand on instead. And like with most Trump-brand products, it's a s***ty knock-off.
    Oh, he definitely wants to get rid of the ACA as a middle finger to Obama. But I suspect he believes his own hype (due to his narcissism).

Missouri State Senator Rob Schaaf just blocked a bill that would have allowed Missouri to create a watch list for opioid abuse. (They're the only state currently without one during an outbreak of prescription opioid addiction around the country.)

Schaaf's defense? If people die of an overdose, it "removes them of the gene pool".
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Oh, he definitely wants to get rid of the ACA as a middle finger to Obama. But I suspect he believes his own hype (due to his narcissism).
    Another angle to this...

I think the guy would be nothing less that thrilled if Republicans that he does not feel backed him during the election lost based on the fact that they didn't back his plan now that he is in office.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    And yet you insist on repeatedly declaring that "The People" chose Trump for President. that "The People" didn't want Hillary. That Trump is what "The People" voted for.
    Can't have it both ways. Defend Trump all you want, but don't tell us it's what the American people wanted.
    No one is saying that...

Neither of these Bozos broke fifty percent of the under fifty-eight percent of voting age Americans. Either one of them trying to paint that picture is kidding themselves.

I said HRC was weak in a general. That certainly seems to have been the case.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 03-07-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    so where do people here come down on the individual mandate?

Ive never supported it, Ive actually paid the penalty on my taxes the past 2 years
    Something necessary to pay for the whole thing.

(Trust me, I'd rather have single payer as well. And yes, I know Americans would all be paying for single payer in taxes.)
    either way its spending money I can't afford on something Im not using
    I'd prefer single payer to set aside the conceptual element of "Penalty". It should just be built into taxes.

As for it being something folks aren't using, one car crash or bad accident is all it would take to make it something that could create a bankruptcy.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'd prefer single payer to set aside the conceptual element of "Penalty". It should just be built into taxes.
    Except the penalty is what gets people off their cans to get insured. Otherwise, they'd put it off. It's the same deal that gives Australia a 98% voter turnout during elections and the unironic right to assert that their governments are the people's mandate.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    55%? wow i was far away from guessing, i wonder why did i think about 62%
    Why, it's almost as if #30 and much of the media playing a game of "both sides are just as bad" didn't inspire a lot of people to not go to work and stand in line for two hours to vote.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    It's going to be a bloodbath regardless. I honestly believe that the GOP has finally overstepped their bounds.
    If I had a nickle for every time I was sure they had, I'd be rich enough to be a GOP voter and not hurt my financial self-interest.

BANNED

if someone meets the requirements, they get on the ballot

that being said, those requirements need to be looked at
    Instant run-off election based only on candidates that made it on the ballot in ALL the states.
    Think of all the time we'd save by not have to argue with Nader or Stein supporters anymore.

"Hey, it's fine to vote for Stein. Just remember to stop Trump with your second vote just in case Stein does not get a majority! KTHXBY, I'm off to my pottery class."

BANNED

Agreed. Trump doesn't believe in anything except his own genetic superiority to magically be a great leader and get things right. Narcissism paired with fascist advisors is a dangerous combination.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Republicans’ Obamacare Replacement Just Got A Powerful Enemy

AARP announces its opposition to the bill. Good!

Mitch McConnell Can’t Explain How He’ll Pass Or Pay For The GOP Health Care Bill

The Senate leader insisted there would be plenty of time to look at all that. Seriously? What a clusterfuck!

Not Even Mike Pence Can Defend Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

“I think the president’s tweet speaks for itself,” the vice president said. in other words, Red Grant's got nothing. Figures.

Trump Wants To Dismantle The Clean Water Rule. Here’s What’s At Stake.

The drinking water of 117 million people, many threatened species and industries from farming to manufacturing could be at risk. Cheeto Jesus continues wanting to kill us. Literally.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!