Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That sounds likely to fail for all the reasons you cite. They already have some sensible exclusions like Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco. I'd add snack foods like Doritos and Potato Chips and carbonated soft drinks. You know people would get ticked off though. But if a bag of Frito Lays Chips cost $4.99 these days you'd be better off buying soup, hot or cold cereal (hopefully not Fruit Loops!) or vegetables. Even though I make good money I don't want to pay $4.99 for chips Yet I've seen people in the check out line with several large bags of Cheetos, etc. using food stamps.

I knew a young lady whose family immigrated to the US from the former Yugoslavia...legally mind you. She said something to me that I thought was pretty funny at the time. She said " I never saw fat poor people until I moved to this country" We all tend to make poor food choices but with the poor the consequences are compounded because they may not be able to get the health care they need. Esp now that the GOP wants to slash Medicare and Medicaid.
    COSTCO won't let you get energy drinks or soda with your EBT.

I'm down for that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Did you watch the PBS Frontline on ICE & MS-13? The evidence ICE uses for deportation is flimsy at best.

EDIT: Here's a link.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-14-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Trump's asking Congress for $30M for his military parade. That is enough to cover the cost of the 23K service men & women who will lose SNAP coverage. Plus he wants it on Flag Day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    dismantle or defund - basically leave them with just enough to operate and only when directed, not whenever they feel like it

ICE does serve a function, but its been corrupted by the WH and needs to be put back on the leash

Sen. Elizabeth Warren — often derided as “Pocahontas” by Donald Trump — made a surprise appearance Wednesday before the National Congress of American Indians in Washington to address the controversial nickname head-on.

Warren said that her mother, whose family is “part Native American,” and father eloped at age 19 and 20, respectively, against her grandparents’ wishes. She then promised to use Trump’s fondness of the racist nickname “Pocahontas” to uplift the stories of Native Americans.

“Every time someone brings up my family’s story, I’m going to use it to lift up the story of your families and your communities,” Warren said. “Your story is about contributions. The contributions you make to a country that took so much and keeps asking for more, contributions like serving in the military at rates higher than any other group in America.”
    https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...ckname-head-on

I have a gut feeling she would not do this if she didn't have something like DNA evidence. She wants to spring it on everybody from Trump to Dana Loesch after whipping them into a renewed frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    dismantle or defund - basically leave them with just enough to operate and only when directed, not whenever they feel like it

ICE does serve a function, but its been corrupted by the WH and needs to be put back on the leash
    Dismantle and create a new agency. One that works with INS.

INCSE?

I don't think it does anymore. Seriously, anything it does can be reallocated to other law enforcement of government agencies, local through federal. I would like to see it permanently dismantled.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Dismantle and create a new agency. One that works with INS.

INCSE?
    How about NICEs?

BANNED

another resignation

a member of the Idiots Economic Advisory Council had to resign after learning he could not receive a permanent security clearance

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    How about NICEs?
    Naturalization, Immigration, & Customs Enforcement Services? Maybe. The more I think about it, the enforcement end needs to go so somebody else. Maybe NICO: Nat, Imm, & Customs Office.
    another resignation

a member of the Idiots Economic Advisory Council had to resign after learning he could not receive a permanent security clearance
    Who!? Didn't they all resign in August 17?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-14-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That sounds likely to fail for all the reasons you cite. They already have some sensible exclusions like Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco.
    I saw a guy buying about 40 Sweet Tarts and a few lotto tickets with his EBT card. I don't think that should be allowed. It should be limited to food, not candy and the lotto.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Naturalization, Immigration, & Customs Enforcement Services? Maybe. The more I think about it, the enforcement end needs to go so somebody else. Maybe NICO: Nat, Imm, & Customs Office.

Who!? Didn't they all resign in August 17?
    Maybe you're thinking of the HIV Advisory Council?

Going into today, and this new round of resignations, the Trump White House has a turnover rate of like 32%.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I saw a guy buying about 40 Sweet Tarts and a few lotto tickets with his EBT card. I don't think that should be allowed. It should be limited to food, not candy and the lotto.
    Excluding candy would be hard, but I agree about lottery tickets. Actually, in my neck of the woods, you can only use cash to buy lottery tickets, nothing else. I had assumed this was common practice in most States.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    and who are you to decide?

thats the problem with the stigma the poor deal with

people who think they are better than them passing judgment

I bet if some had their way, all they would be allowed is bread and water