Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, possible 2020 candidate, rejects corporate PAC donations

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ons/333976002/

And she's not the only Democrat that will be rejecting corporate PAC donations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/14/book...donations.html

Booker joins the likes of Gillibrand, Warren, and Sanders in rejecting corporate PAC donations.
    They have less to worry about. It's looking like a blue wave year, they're in very blue states, and all three are very visible and popular. They don't need to money to win.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Excluding candy would be hard, but I agree about lottery tickets. Actually, in my neck of the woods, you can only use cash to buy lottery tickets, nothing else. I had assumed this was common practice in most States.
    Texas requires cash for the lotto, I assumed that was universal.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump's asking Congress for $30M for his military parade. That is enough to cover the cost of the 23K service men & women who will lose SNAP coverage. Plus he wants it on Flag Day.
    If Cadet Bone Spurs wants **** like tanks rumbling down Pennsylvania Avenue, I suspect $30 million won't cut it. It would be nice if Congress displayed some testicular fortitude and tell Trump to shove his parade, sadly, since Republicans have done nothing but bend over backwards and kiss Trump's ass since Inauguration Day, I fear he'll get what he wants, and more. Oh, by the way, for whatever it's worth, Ramadan ends on Flag Day this year, an orange middle finger to Muslims perhaps? Is Trump THAT petty when it comes to his Islamophobia?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-14-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and who are you to decide?

thats the problem with the stigma the poor deal with

people who think they are better than them passing judgment

I bet if some had their way, all they would be allowed is bread and water
    Candy? Maybe. Lotto tickets? NOPE! Soda, energy drinks, and the like? Nope. Why is that bad? You seriously want people that should be buying food to buy lotto tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Cadet Bone Spurs wants **** like tanks rumbling down Pennsylvania Avenue, I suspect $30 million won't cut it. It would be nice if Congress displayed some testicular fortitude and tell Trump to shove his parade, sadly, since Republicans have done nothing but bend over backwards and kiss Trump's ass since Inauguration Day, I fear he'll get what he wants, and more. Oh, by the way, for whatever it's worth, Ramadan ends on Flag Day this year, an orange middle finger to Muslims perhaps? Is Trump THAT petty when it comes to his Muslim hate?
    I doubt he knew that but if 45 finds out, the parade is on and he'll force a shutdown over it.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-14-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Maybe you're thinking of the HIV Advisory Council?

Going into today, and this new round of resignations, the Trump White House has a turnover rate of like 32%.
    No, Musk and a whole lot of them left in August. I knew about the AIDS/HIV board because it was just like when Pence screwed up Indiana and killed lots of people.

Who resigned today? I can't find it in the news. Parsing a google for Trump resigns is a mountain of work anymore.

I saw a call for Shulkin to resign. From the GOP no less.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-14-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

A school shooting in FL...

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They have less to worry about. It's looking like a blue wave year, they're in very blue states, and all three are very visible and popular. They don't need to money to win.
    I don't think this is about their Senate seats. I think Gillibrand and Booker are making moves that indicate an interest in running for President.

Astonishing Member

No, Musk and a whole lot of them left in August. I knew about the AIDS/HIV board because it was just like when Pence screwed up Indiana and killed lots of people.

Who resigned today? I can't find it in the news. Parsing a google for Trump resigns is a mountain of work anymore.

I saw a call for Shulkin to resign. From the GOP no less.
    Third White House official resigns after being told he wouldn’t qualify for full clearance
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...earance-409246

The mass of people with only interim clearance will force more of these now. Too much heat from the first 2. Too be fair his seems weak though. Marijuana? who cares?
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 02-14-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Sadly, this is common place now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Third White House official resigns after being told he wouldn’t qualify for full clearance
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...earance-409246

The mass of people with only interim clearance will force more of these now. Too much heat from the first 2. Too be fair his seems weak though. Marijuana? who cares?
    Cool, thanks! That makes 38 Oompa-Loompas.

And for weed? Was he selling? Also it's the GOP. Weed is more evil than helping the poor.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

And people are already out insisting only the mentally disabled shouldn't get guns.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And first round of not doing anything goes Louie Gohmert.

Prayers for the students, teachers, families & first responders in Parkland, FL.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sadly, this is common place now.
    Even sadder, at least to me anyway, is that the first question that came to mind when I heard about the shooting half an hour ago was....what was the shooter’s race? And I’m sure I’m not the only one who wondered the same thing. Such as are the twisted times we live in today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

More innocent lives sacrificed on the alter of the Second Amendment--and the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and who are you to decide?

thats the problem with the stigma the poor deal with

people who think they are better than them passing judgment

I bet if some had their way, all they would be allowed is bread and water
    I'm not anyone who can decide. I simply said I don't think candy should be allowed. Again, the guy was buying 40 fucking packages of Sweet Tarts.

Also, **** you, man, I don't think I'm better than poor people. I'm not wealthy. I grew up poor. We had food stamps. We went to the food bank. So don't talk about me like you know me, because you don't.

I just think diabetes is bad and maybe you should be required to buy actual food with your food stamps.

And for whatever it's worth to you, you're the one passing judgement on people right now, not me.