Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    But then in 2028, won't the republican in office just start working on getting that tax bill back in place?
    Hopefully we won't have dickholes like Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan by that time.
    Last edited by Copper; 12-20-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    Hopefully we won't have dickholes like Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan in Congress by that time.
    I'm sure we'll have much better dickholes by then.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Democrats' 2018 advantage expands

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/20/politi...018/index.html

Democrats' already wide advantage over Republicans in a hypothetical Congressional matchup has grown, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS. At the same time, enthusiasm about voting next year has increased among Democrats nationwide following an unexpected win in Alabama's Senate special election and a strong showing in Virginia's state government elections last month.

Among registered voters, 56% say they favor a Democrat in their congressional district, while 38% prefer a Republican. That 18-point edge is the widest Democrats have held in CNN polling on the 2018 contests, and the largest at this point in midterm election cycles dating back two decades. The finding follows several other public polls showing large double-digit leads for Democrats on similar questions.

iMan 42s

Y'know as somebody who goes to school right next door to a facility that does handle some fucked up government projects relating to cancers, viruses, etc, it's a little concerning to me that a ban on lethal viruses is lifted. We are pretty much screwed if something does go down, but there is also a highschool and elementary school around my college as well. I trust that these guys wouldn't release anything, but it's a bit concerning to me regardless considering that place basically is within spitting distance of multiple learning facilities and homes.

I'm not saying these guys will of course be dealing with that kind of stuff (I have no idea) but I sincerely hope they will take that into consideration when deciding what place handles what.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/943549892886134784

So Collins and Alexander confirm that CHIP, a program that gives health care to 9m kids and whose money expired in Sept, won’t be renewed this year. Maybe next year.

9 million kids.
    https://twitter.com/samstein/status/943550173904605184

Just remarkable how legislative mountains could be moved to get that tax cut bill through. But for this program….

No no, it's okay, because Orrin Hatch said the GOP totally supports CHIP and would have it funded right away if the lazy damn millennials weren't sucking the government dry. As soon as the tax bill passes and the economy booms overnight they'll surely take care of it. /sarcasm

Damn those dirty lying lies spread about the glorious Tax Bill! That whole Corker thing doesn't exist, which is why Bob Corker demanded to find out who included the nonexistant kickback which also benefits Trump. We should all just believe Trump when he says he gets nothing out of this bill instead of reading the bill, just like most of the GOP voting on it. Why should we try and make our own decisions when Trump can make them for us!

Mighty Member

I mean, we all already knew a recession was going to begin under Trump anyway. It's not like this wasn't expected.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    No matter all the lies spewed about this bill....

NPR: The average household would get a tax cut of $1,610 in 2018 according to Tax Policy Center
    Over the next ten years, our taxes will go up dude. There are no lies about this bill, stop defending people who dislike you as much as they dislike us Liberals.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Over the next ten years, our taxes will go up dude. There are no lies about this bill, stop defending people who dislike you as much as they dislike us Liberals.
    Well, JBat could be rich? This administration likes the rich people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    im 38, I barely know anyone making more than $50K a year

or if they are, they have a ton of debt (house, mortgage, etc)
    I'm 43 and I'm in the same boat as you. I went from making 65k a year to less than half that now. Job market growth in North Carolina stopped around the time Republicans took power.
    Incomes stagnated, health Insurance rates increased and coverage lowered. NC has some of the best medical facilities in the nation. We had a growing tech sector, a growing furniture sector, we had so many advantages, then religious republicans came in trying to make NC great again? and ruined much of that. We're still recovering from their terrible policies. Policies that hurt the moronic republicans that keepputting them in power.

Then when Democrats make their return, we're going to have to raise taxes to pay for things, and Republicans voters memories are so short and filled with hate for Liberals, they'll blame us and put the GOP right back in power.
    Luckily I don't think the last part is going to happen again. NC is heading to becoming a reliably blue southern state. The average age of the people in the Senate is 60+. Younger members and more progressive members are joining every year, and even some of the younger Republicans are less totalitarian then their forebearers.

BANNED

Big bad NRA going to blow up the Deathstar or Starkiller Base with their AR-15's?
    Waving the "Rebel" Flag, while spitting out chewin tabacky?

NRATV host lectures Mark Hamill on his support for gun safety laws: “What if the Galactic Republic outlawed lightsabers and ray guns?”

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Sarah Palin is lucky there are more important things to cover in the news than the latest family drama with her son Track beating up his father Palin

There seem to be a controversy here in Canada because Trudeau didnt recuse himself when he met with Aga Khan in his private island in Bahamas.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ethi...khan-1.3937269

Who is Aga Khan? I dont know, it seem like he is an Iman, so i will search for it, in the meantime here a link to the newspiece.

Also apparently Franken is resigning on January 2.