Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Right wing Christians have been eagerly anticipating armageddon because they believe that means Jesus will be coming back. Have to defend Israel because that's where Jesus will return. Bring on the rapture so all the Jews, gays, Muslims, and the rest of the mud people will finally be punished. They've become a death worshipping cult with massive influence over the US government. It's truly terrifying.
    Amen. A significant segment of this country are both actively and passively working against the majority of its people and the planet as a whole. Religion is the vehicle for the dangerous nonsense we're now living with (read: TRUMP) and the hidden cancer that we're forbidden to criticize. We have to respect their "values" while they disrespect and disregard ours.
    Last edited by BruceWayneJr.; 09-19-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Just ordered a pie myself. So we'll share a slice in spirit.
    Was it a meat lover's pizza?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Just ordered a pie myself. So we'll share a slice in spirit.
    I got a bacon lovers from the local Walmart and built another pizza on top of it as is my custom. Their sauce is bland and their toppings are usually scanty so I mix up some sauce using the herbs in my garden and cook up some ground beef and breakfast sausage to go on there with some chopped mushrooms and mini pepperonis from a bag & some extra cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Was it a meat lover's pizza?
    I know mine was

As expected:
    In a move that surprised no one, Attorney General Bill Schuette (R-Michigan) announced last week that he’s running for governor. Schuette hopes to succeed the term-limited Gov. Rick Snyder (R), who, honestly, is all around limited.
    Also not surprising is that Donald Trump (R) tweeted an endorsement of Schuette, given that Schuette helped insure Michigan’s Electoral College votes went red, but misspelled the guy’s name as “Shuette,” according to the Metro Times.
    Whoever the Democrats nominate will be a thousand times better than Schuette. Even long shot Kentiel White, who is definitely not an experienced elected official like Schuette, but who does seem to have a genuine desire to look out for the people, not just feed his political ambition like Schuette.
    For those of you who need further convincing, please look over the following lists. The commenters will quite likely bring up other reasons not to vote for Schuette.
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...g-for-governor

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised President Trump for his speech before the United Nations General Assembly:
    "I've been ambassador to the United Nations, and I'm a long-serving Israeli prime minister, so I've listened to countless speeches in this hall," Netanyahu said during his own address before the United Nations General Assembly. "But I can say this — none were bolder, none were more courageous and forthright than the one delivered by President Trump today."
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/is...rticle/2634941
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Of course he did. Flattering Trump in exchange for the free hand Israel wants for itself is hardly too large a price to pay.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised President Trump for his speech before the United Nations General Assembly:

Pardon me, but what the flying **** is courageous and forthright about a head of state issuing a threat to destroy another country? Give me a break!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Netanyahu's son has neo-Nazi sympathies. I remember when little prince Harry wore a Nazi uniform at some social event. All in fun I guess. Who knows?

Committee to Investigate Russia

Worth checking out.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Edward R. Murrow award goes to Tami. Hands down.

Well, they are both enthusiastic about building walls.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Not entirely surprising. Obama had some pretty serious disagreements with Netanyahu while he was president. Netanyahu is incredibly right-wing and has a middling popularity within his own country. The kind of "big man" talk that Trump brings to the table is probably something that resonates well with a guy that doesn't seem particularly concerned with fighting international law violations with international law violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Gotta hand it to Kimmel--he really came out and did the right thing. He called out Cassidy on his BS. I just can't believe that one of the terms I hear bandied about regarding Graham is "moderate". There are only two moderate Republicans and their names are Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski. John McCain is just a generally sensible conservative. The others? They're too concerned with getting a win in under the wire to worry about what will happen to their constituents. When the bill blows a hole in the insurance market, they'll just blame the ACA and most of their supporters will probably believe it.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 09-19-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It's weird that a certain portion of our population thinks that people should just accept attacks on police, unlawful life/property-damaging riots, violent protest aimed at discouraging or cancelling free speech, violence against white/any supremacists, etc, etc.
    It's weird that a certain portion of our population who think they have a right to judge others as being anti-police voted for the party that enthusiastically pushes for concealed carry laws, and fewer laws limiting gun ownership thereby endangering police officers.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Trump Uses Putin’s Arguments to Undermine the World

You know the Trump's plagiarism problem?

The leader stepped to the podium of the United Nations General Assembly, as close to a literal world stage as exists, and issued a stringent defense of the principle of national sovereignty.

“What is the state sovereignty, after all, that has been mentioned by our colleagues here? It is basically about freedom and the right to choose freely one's own future for every person, nation and state,” he said, attacking what he identified as the hypocrisy of those who seek to violate sovereignty in the name of stopping mass murder.

“Aggressive foreign interference,” the leader continued, “has resulted in a brazen destruction of national institutions and the lifestyle itself. Instead of the triumph of democracy and progress, we got violence, poverty and social disaster.”

The leader was not Donald Trump on Tuesday, but Vladimir Putin in 2015. Whatever nexus between Putin and Trump exists for Robert Mueller to discover, the evidence of their compatible visions of foreign affairs was on display at the United Nations clearer than ever, with Trump’s aggressive incantation of “sovereignty, security and prosperity” as the path to world peace. “There can be no substitute for strong, sovereign, and independent nations, nations that are rooted in the histories and invested in their destiny,” Trump said, hitting his familiar blood-and-soil themes that echo from the darker moments in European history.

Their two speeches are stylistically different. Putin’s metier is to meld contempt for western powers with unstated but obvious threats. Nothing about Trump will ever be understated. He threatened North Korea with nuclear annihilation – leaving aside that a war will engulf South Korea, Japan, Guam and perhaps China as well – and looked forward to the end of the Islamic Republic of Iran, the only real substantive difference he has with Putin.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.