Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Man, Tillerson is fighting back the tears.
    He also "forgot" to thank Trump.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

He already did that when the cabinet round table pledged fealty to Trump that one time.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    He already did that when the cabinet round table pledged fealty to Trump that one time.
    You think he officially ran out of thanks to give?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

You think he officially ran out of thanks to give?
    He ran out of something to give.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    "Part" being the operative word.
    And different believers think different parts are literally true.

But Atheist understand that, we are not litteralist just ask which part do people think are literal. And what all the parts say about God and those who believe in him.

Still, about a quarter of Americans do think it is..
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Oh lord saw the clips of trump at the "wall prototypes" today talking about they need to be see through so we can see the other side. Might be cartels over there we need to see them.

And talking about how border crosser are like professional mountain climbers need to be higher to make sure they cant just hop on over.

The jokes are writing themselves on this California trip so far

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Well, I didn't mean him being a snowflake was a revelation I had to day, just commenting on the fact.

And when I say the racists own America, I meant the current administration. But still, 62 million people voted for them. that's a lot of people.
    Interesting. I didn't know people still didn't know he's the type to be a hypocrite given that he's whined a LOT on Social Media and prior to that on radio and other things so, to me at least, this is nothing new.

Ah, well now that's a different story. Yeah that's a lot of people, but a drop in the bucket compared to the number of people that live in the US. Let's be honest here, it's going to take years before all sorts of isms is gone, but you have to take one step at a time.

You are probably right. Nazis are taking over the country, so...**** it.
    No, no they are not. For every one "Nazi" there's about a dozen or so people that will call them out. You're seeing the glass half empty right now, and that's never good. Look at all the young people that are standing up for things. Voices that are being heard, people are not blind to this, they're just not sure exactly what to do at times. Again, the US is still a younger nation compared to other larger and older ones, and we're going to have growing pains, just as they did, only I don't think we're going to embark on a 100 year war over it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Richard Spencer is a butthurt scaredy cat

he convinced himself that the "oppressed white masses" would rise up and join his crusade

they can't be bothered to get out of their basements or off their scooters
    Exactly! Thank you TheInvisibleMan, for that. And a lot of the "Oppressed White Masses" aren't even here in the states, they're outside and a number of them will either have to come around to terms with a new reality, or they will die out. Whichever comes first.

That or one day we'll all be dealing with Alien overloads. :P

Still was wishing he would have given him the middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He ran out of something to give.
    Place your bets, how long before we get a book from him?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Oh lord saw the clips of trump at the "wall prototypes" today talking about they need to be see through so we can see the other side. Might be cartels over there we need to see them.

And talking about how border crosser are like professional mountain climbers need to be higher to make sure they cant just hop on over.

The jokes are writing themselves on this California trip so far
    So I take it Stephen and Jimmy will have a field day this week?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So I take it Stephen and Jimmy will have a field day this week?
    Trump likens immigrants to ‘professional mountain climbers,’ bashes California during wall tour

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    The only way in which the German Nazi/American conservative comparison is fair is when a particular conservative has waved around a swastika or quoted Hitler. Otherwise. if you're going to make comparisons based on general actions, then it's just as fair to apply the comparison to liberals who take the same actions. Frankly, most of the ideas of modern "book burning"-- and that includes the jerk who makes the (probably) idle threat in the video-- accord less with the general program of the Nazis than beating up detractors. And can we find both conservatives and liberals who have done this very thing? Why, yes, we can.

The "mouth-breathing conservatives" was directed at the same poster who used the term "popular comparison narrative," so I wasn't precisely pulling it out of nowhere.

You're making too much of the "impressive" remark. I'm just stating that I had already qualified my own example-- that of the fans who burned Captain American magazines-- by saying that they didn't have much in common with the sort of people who are trying to make certain books unavailable (like, again, the mostly liberal Wertham). That is, since I'd already made that statement, your statement didn't contradict mine.
    Your defense of your strawman isn't that "impressive" as pointing out that it was aimed at someone else doesn't respond to the fact that you made it up wholecloth as an excuse for bringing up that there are some book burning numbnuts on the liberal side of things.

To respond to the point you seem to be trying to make: The problem with Both Sideserism is that the vast majority of liberals aren't defending their numbnuts while on the other side conservatives always defend theirs (American Nazi's included) long past the point of sanity, and that in this case there is a much larger number of conservatives burning books for silly (Potter) and deadly serious (Quran) reasons than liberals. An issue I have with that philosophy myself is when someone's response to something unacceptable is to simply bring up how others they disagree with do it too rather than to condemn it and/or try to work against it, it's a sign of society breaking down. Accepting the bad **** 'your side' does because the other side does it too isn't healthy as it leads to more corruption, division, and chaos, and it's something everyone has to learn to realize regardless of how they lean politically. If America and Humanity as a whole are to survive in the long run we've got to grasp these sorts of basic concepts. This has been more serious of a response than you deserve, but when I get typing sometimes I get carried away.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Regarding Antifa v. Nazis: "Both sides are equally bad." How can that possibly be true when Antifa isn't a political movement, has no centralised leadership, does not run candidates, and doesn't seek to influence government policy beyond "don't be fascists?" I mean one side is trying to become the government, and the other is saying, "No, these guys suck, don't be like these guys. Nazis are bad. Also, punch them."
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    "The only two types of people who take the Bible Literally are Fundamentalists and Politicians running for office, because Atheists know those type of people are dangerous."

Agreed. They can't live by the whole thing, so they like only the parts they want too.
    People who take every word in the bible literally need to learn the extinct languages it was printed in and read it without centuries of translations by man diluting the divine message. It's the only way to get at the true word of God after all.

People who pick and choose what to hold literally true on the other hand, I think that's more people unable to suspend their disbelief on certain points. If your faith is shaken by the literal passages of the bible, then I'd rethink said faith. I know I did.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So in other Trump Administration-related news...

Interior Secretary Zinke blames the department's proposal to raise park prices on the veterans, elderly and disabled individuals for getting free admission. How dare they!

“When you give discounted [rates] to the elderly, veterans, and the disabled and do it by the carload, not a whole lot of people actually pay at our front door,” Zinke told the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, Washington Examiner reports. “One person with a pass and everyone comes in for free. We are looking at ways to have more revenue at the front door at our parks.”

Meanwhile, Katrina Pierson, bullet necklace lady, has been asked to rejoin the Trump Campaign as a senior adviser. Oh boy...

The Parks are a National Treasure, they are not a money making operation. Leave it to the GOP to think everything but the Military has to turn a profit.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-13-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Jesus, a conservative hears that someone is getting something for free, and they just clench their fists until blood drips from them.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."