Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    “Comicsgate.”
    Ya know, suddenly the nuclear apocalypse doesn't sound so bad.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Somehow, I don’t think Mango Mussolini will crow or boast about this. Just a hunch.
    The incontinent toddler just refuses to back off Amazon. He doesn't seem to care that the 8,000 points the market gained under his administration were largely driven by Amazon.com, and that the more he attacks them, the harder the market gets rocked. It's April and he's already erased 3,000 points in gains. All to punish a perceived political rival, and it's so blatant. Bezos is going to destroy him in court. That f***ing twitter account is the noose Trump is cording around his own neck.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

some comic book industry writing

a culture of harassment
    Ugh, I used to follow Meyer on his old personal Twitter back before the election because I liked some of the sketches he used to post. Come the election, he started feeling himself and posting a lot of hardcore right-winger stuff, so I unfollowed and blocked him. Not at all shocked he ended up being behind that Comicsgate **** given some of his views on minorities I had unfortunate chance to see. Really liked to brag about his tours of service too which made me give him the side-eye before he started flaunting his inner racist bullshit.

It has been a year since WPP posted a news article about the earthquake in Mocoa, Colombia which kill around 300+ people, sadly during that year no many things have change and they will probably wont change since this is election year where the left, the center and the center right are having a fierce battle before the election in May.

The day death grips Mocoa

Although the official figures speak of 333 dead in the avalanche, the community says they are more than 3,000.
    There are still those who barely, a year later, are burying their loved ones.

The scenes at the Normandy cemetery in Mocoa were chilling in the first days of April 2017. Dozens of bodies were wrapped in white bags on the floor and the trucks arrived every hour to unload more and more. The identification of several corpses took days and, meanwhile, the smell revealed that they were decomposing, to the point that their own relatives had trouble recognizing them. In the midst of the discussions between the mourners and the police, the prayers of Monsignor Luis Albeiro Maldonado and the forensic work, the Hoyos family began to bury their loved ones, one by one, as they found them. They buried three, but one was pending, which they barely found this week, a year after the avalanche

The authorities confirmed on Monday that one of the 33 bodies that have not yet been delivered to their families was that of Israel Hoyos, Angy Hoyos' grandfather. The 26-year-old lost her father, her aunt, her grandmother and her grandfather on the night of March 31, 2017. The avalanche surprised them when they slept in a house in the Los Pinos neighborhood, one of the 48 affected.

This Holy Week, the family of Angy would meet to remember the victims of the torrential avenue, but a call changed their plans, because it warned them that the remains of Israel rested in a grave of the municipal cemetery, where the corpses were taken. unidentified or unclaimed. "At last the uncertainty and pain that did not calm down. The joy of knowing that the four are going to be together arrives. This gives us peace, "Angy told El Espectador

The body of Israel rested in a dirty white bag of mud, was exhumed and transferred to the Normandy cemetery, to be buried next to the graves of his son, his daughter and his wife. He was 87 years old, was a pensioner of the City Hall of Mocoa and his nobility is the quality that most remember those who loved him. A pampered who distributed sweets from his shop among his granddaughters; Yes, secretly so that his wife would not get caught, because he scolded him. He had three children, five grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.

"He was away from us for a year, but he's back again," adds Angy, who survived the avalanche with her four-year-old daughter and eight-year-old sister. The crescent took her out of the house and dragged her as far as she could, but a palisade left her stuck on a shore, although that served as a trench to avoid dying in the avalanche. She does not know how or who rescued her daughter, but she was reunited with her as soon as she was transferred together with her sister to the hospital José María Hernández.

Link in Spanish
    https://www.elespectador.com/noticia...rticulo-747393

This is a 50+ minute video titled "Charlottesville: The True Alt-Right." Worth a watch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Now, the claim here is not that the LAST JEDI was a flop, but that it underperformed with a particular audience because it wasn't sensitive to the needs of said audience. And I consider that statement to be the obverse of the general statement attributed to "anti-sjw" persons, saying that the film didn't do as well as it could have because it was OVER-sensitive to minority needs.
    I"m going to suggest that it would seem that Lucasfilm has drawn a line in the sand and feels strongly that that particular section of the audience can get bent and go make their own movie for all they care.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    The incontinent toddler just refuses to back off Amazon. He doesn't seem to care that the 8,000 points the market gained under his administration were largely driven by Amazon.com, and that the more he attacks them, the harder the market gets rocked. It's April and he's already erased 3,000 points in gains. All to punish a perceived political rival, and it's so blatant. Bezos is going to destroy him in court. That f***ing twitter account is the noose Trump is cording around his own neck.
    Trump's hate of Amazon all boils down to this: Bezos has a stake in The Washington Post and has been a critic of Dolt45, and, as we all know, Donnie Dumbass lives for grudges and vendettas. In other words----it's personal!

==================

EPA To Gut The Only Major Federal Rule To Cut Climate Pollution From Vehicles

The decision could divide automakers and set the Trump administration up for a series of legal battles. Trump's baldfaced vendetta against Obama continues with this decision. Speaking of EPA Chief Scott Pruitt....

EPA Reportedly Approved Pipeline Project Linked To Lobbyist Renting Room To Pruitt

Pruitt’s spokeswoman denied any link between the approval and the apartment rental. Yeah, right. Tell me another story, daddy!

News Anchor At Sinclair-Owned Station Hits Back At Trump

“Actually, this isn’t funny at all. None of it,” said Mary Nam of Seattle’s KOMO. Good to see someone keeping the Sinclair situation in the news. Meanwhile....

Dan Rather Has Scathing Words For Sinclair News Anchors Reading ‘Propaganda’

The legendary news anchor called the company’s effort “Orwellian.” All too true. Plus this....

John Oliver: Sinclair Broadcasters ‘Like Members Of A Brainwashed Cult’

Advertisers May Be Fleeing, But Fox News Is Sticking With Laura Ingraham

“We cannot and will not allow voices to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts,” a co-president of Fox News said. Well, when the bottom line falls through the floor, Faux News will dump Ingraham like a live grenade. Count on that!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

some comic book industry writing

a culture of harassment
    Wow, I knew the Diversity in Comics guy was a real piece of ****, and I knew Van Sciver was conservative but I wasn't aware he was just like D&C. I'm not one to boycott a creator over personal views but i'm a lot more glad I ended up skipping over Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Wow, I knew the Diversity in Comics guy was a real piece of ****, and I knew Van Sciver was conservative but I wasn't aware he was just like D&C. I'm not one to boycott a creator over personal views but i'm a lot more glad I ended up skipping over Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.
    While I shouldn't be shocked or surprised at the troublingly high level of intolerance in the country these days, reading about the Diversity in Comics scumbag made me shake my head. In my opinion, a lot of this openly expressed hatred and bigotry can be traced back to Donald Trump, the Republican Party, conservatives, right wingers and Faux News, all of whom conspired to not only make hate and intolerance acceptable, but actually fashionable.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

While I shouldn't be shocked or surprised at the troublingly high level of intolerance in the country these days, reading about the Diversity in Comics scumbag made me shake my head. In my opinion, a lot of this openly expressed hatred and bigotry can be traced back to Donald Trump, the Republican Party, conservatives, right wingers and Faux News, all of whom conspired to not only make hate and intolerance acceptable, but actually fashionable.

It wasn't until I started perusing this thread from time to time that I realised how many people in mainstream US politics have such extreme and distasteful views.

UK politics has a ton of problems, but I can't imagine any member of parliament surviving long if they openly expressed racist or bigoted views. Indeed..perhaps I'm naive..but I can't imagine many of our MPs "feeling" that way, let alone expressing it openly.

But surely anyone that looks to the Donald as a "role model" must be a nut job to start with?

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    It wasn't until I started perusing this thread from time to time that I realised how many people in mainstream US politics have such extreme and distasteful views.

UK politics has a ton of problems, but I can't imagine any member of parliament surviving long if they openly expressed racist or bigoted views. Indeed..perhaps I'm naive..but I can't imagine many of our MPs "feeling" that way, let alone expressing it openly.

But surely anyone that looks to the Donald as a "role model" must be a nut job to start with?
    Ya'll do have Boris Johnson and Brexit. xD

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

Other countries can be just as screwy, but yes I agree that Trump is a horrible role model. Like a chaos magnet he draws to himself the worst of the worst, the most incompetent, greedy, corrupt, stupid, insane people. And if Trump can't find them in the U.S., he looks overseas to other countries.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

DiC like some other people both in and out of comics have realized that this is a great time for them to cash in. And they know that not only does their rambling not have to be true, it doesn't even have to make sense. As long as they appear to be attacking liberals or "SWJs" they'll have a ready made audience.

Astonishing Member

Another day of Trump ranting defending Sinclair. You would think he has a personal stake in this. As much as he cares about the coverage of their scripted local broadcasts and the scrutiny the deal with Tribune for more stations is getting.

Meanwhile the "fake news" outlets he rants about so much and so often are winning journalism awards.

CNN won the WHCA’s Merriman Smith Award in the broadcast category for its January 2017 report on how the intelligence community believed Russia had compromising information on Trump; that report was followed by BuzzFeed’s decision to publish the entire “dossier” of opposition research on Trump’s alleged ties to Russia, which has become a particular focus of the president’s wrath.

The announcement on Monday of CNN’s victory — along with a trove of other awards to various outlets for largely critical coverage of Trump and his administration — appeared to complicate the WHCA’s invitation to Trump to attend this year’s dinner, a symbolically important gesture of mutual respect.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders did not respond to a question as to whether Trump has yet made up his mind.

The correspondents’ organization hasn’t gotten any word yet either, according to Margaret Talev, a Bloomberg correspondent and the organization’s president.

“We don’t have anything to report yet on whether the president plans to attend,” she said.
    New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman, who the president claimed in March was a “Hillary flunky” who "knows nothing about me," won the Aldo Beckman Award for — in the words of the judges — showing “her deep understanding of what makes President Trump tick.”

POLITICO’s Josh Dawsey won the Merriman Smith Award for print media for his reporting on the resignation of White House press secretary Sean Spicer. Dawsey has since joined The Washington Post, a news organization the president labeled “fake” on Saturday. Trump also has been recently attacking Amazon, the company led by Post owner Jeff Bezos.

But perhaps no news organization has felt Trump’s wrath like CNN, which is taking home the Merriman Smith Award for broadcast media. CNN's Evan Perez, Jim Sciutto, Jake Tapper and Carl Bernstein are being honored for their January 2017 report on how the intelligence community had briefed President Barack Obama and then-President elect Trump that Russia claimed to have compromising information the incoming president.

BuzzFeed followed up on the CNN report by publishing the dossier, compiled by an opposition-research company funded in part by the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign. BuzzFeed’s decision, which was criticized even among some other media organizations, led to a particularly raucous news conference the following day. Trump refused to answer a question from CNN’s Jim Acosta, whom he instead dubbed “fake news.” He's gone on to repeatedly call the dossier — which included unverified claims about the president and his allies' ties to Russia — fraud and part of a larger "hoax."

The honorable mention for The Merriman Smith Award went to NBC’s Lester Holt for his May 2017 interview with Trump in which the president admitted to considering the Russia investigation when firing former FBI Director James Comey. Trump is still bothered by the Holt interview, telling the NBC Nightly News anchor at a private, January meeting with TV journalists that it was unfairly edited, as POLITICO reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Trump is doing everything he can to destroy the Economy. And the GOP is either helping or sitting by and doing nothing.
    Took a 10k hit in one day. FAKE PRESIDENT is messing with my money.