Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Please quote the statement I made about CHIP and Republicans that you disagree with. You seem to be calling me out for your impressions of what I've said rather than the specific comment.
    So how do you justify supporting a party that routinely seeks to deny children (and adults) affordable health care, promotes racism and racial profiling, promotes homophobia and Islamophobia, has no problem increasing the deficit via both unnecessary tax cuts and warfare despite claiming to be against deficits, doesn't believe in ensuring equal pay for women, attempts to purge "minority" voters in order to win elections, doesn't support gun control in a nation where people can shoot up entire schools and churches at will, denies climate change is real and slashes EPA funding, denies the value of legalized marijuana -- medical or otherwise, and doesn't support a woman's right to have an abortion?
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-11-2018 at 03:40 AM.

This is sick

Man captures video of "patient dumping" outside Baltimore hospital

BALTIMORE -- Overnight, Imamu Baraka was walking past a Baltimore hospital when he noticed something he says he'll never forget.

The hospital's security guards had just wheeled a patient to a bus stop, and in the freezing temperatures they left her there. The only thing she had on was a hospital gown.

"It's about 30 degrees out here right now," Baraka says in a recording of the encounter. "Are you OK, ma'am? Do you need me to call the police?" he asks.

It's called "patient dumping" and it doesn't just happen in Baltimore. In 2007, "60 Minutes" investigated the practice of removing homeless patients from Los Angeles hospitals and leaving them downtown.
    Often the patients are not insured or have other financial issues, but it's unclear if that was the case in Baltimore.

"Come on and sit down," Baraka repeatedly says to the patient in the recording. "I'm going to call and get you some help."

In a statement, the University of Maryland Medical Center said that they "share the shock and disappointment of many who have viewed the video. In the end we clearly failed to fulfill our mission with this patient."

The man who recorded the video called 911, and says medics ended up taking the patient back to the same hospital. Now a review is underway that could lead to personnel action against the hospital employees involved.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I have no doubt this sort of heinous and heartless practice goes on in hospitals from coast to coast, we're just not hearing about it enough, if at all. And things are only bound to get worse, with Trump and the GOP hellbent on killing Obamacare, scores of poor and desperate people, deprived of healthcare will have no choice but to flood emergency rooms when they're sick, leading to future instances, if not outbreaks like what happened in Baltimore.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Ah, "good ol' Baltimore"; the place that makes Dante's Purgatory look like a resort in Capri.

Please quote the statement I made about CHIP and Republicans that you disagree with. You seem to be calling me out for your impressions of what I've said rather than the specific comment.
    Your quote from Hatch about CHIP.
    Are we not sppose to infer that you were saying he was fully supportive of funding and the GOP would do so.
    While we bemoaned his lack of any compassion, and feared that children would suffer, you parsed his words to let us know that there was no threat to CHIP.
    How did that turn out?
    Ad even now, I don't see you showing any concern or ire at this failure of your Party.
    Please don't bother with what the definition of "is" is.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

iMan 42s

I hate Baltimore for a variety of reasons but that can take priority.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Are we not suppose to infer that you were saying he was fully supportive of funding and the GOP would do so.
    "I know Merrick Garland very well,” said Hatch, who helped Merrick win Senate confirmation to the appeals court a decade ago. “He (Merrick) would be very well supported by all sides (as a Supreme Court nominee) and the president knows that,” Hatch said."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...6456QY20100506

BANNED

RE: Shepard Smith

MSNBC should throw a bunch of money at him to get him to jump, get rid of Chris Matthews, move Chris Hayes to 7, give Shep 8pm and free reign

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    RE: Shepard Smith

MSNBC should throw a bunch of money at him to get him to jump, get rid of Chris Matthews, move Chris Hayes to 7, give Shep 8pm and free reign
    Shep would be best in the 5:00 or 7:00 slot. Still, Fox viewers need someone like him to counter the rest of Fox programming.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Joe Arpaio: Obama's birth certificate is a 'phony document'

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/politi...ntv/index.html

Racist trump buddy still harping on the good ole racist birtherism last night. Definitely deserves to be a senator

Are we not sppose to infer that you were saying he was fully supportive of funding and the GOP would do so.
    While we bemoaned his lack of any compassion, and feared that children would suffer, you parsed his words to let us know that there was no threat to CHIP.
    How did that turn out?
    Ad even now, I don't see you showing any concern or ire at this failure of your Party.
    Please don't bother with what the definition of "is" is.
    I said that his comments were misinterpreted by some of his critics. We seem to be in agreement on that since now the claim is that I implied something broader, rather than that I stated something explicitly. This provides more evidence for my concern about a carelessness regarding specifics and a focus on whether someone is on the right side of an issue, which is one of the main defenses of Trump's lies.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Shep would be best in the 5:00 or 7:00 slot. Still, Fox viewers need someone like him to counter the rest of Fox programming.
    they don't care, theyve been calling for Sheps head for some time now

let them be the propaganda arm they wish to be, theyll fall sooner rather than later

I said that his comments were misinterpreted by some of his critics. We seem to be in agreement on that since now the claim is that I implied something broader, rather than that I stated something explicitly. This provides more evidence for my concern about a carelessness regarding specifics and a focus on whether someone is on the right side of an issue, which is one of the main defenses of Trump's lies.
    Hatch said CHIP was great and would be funded. It wasn't. He did nothing to fund it. He then said they don't have any money "to help people who won’t help themselves – won’t lift a finger – and expect the federal government to do everything."
    Then help push through a massive tax cut for the Rich. His actions ans words show he really doesn't care about these children in need.
    You want to parse his sentence and ignore his actions and other things he has said in the larger context. We see him for the hypocrite he is.
    I guess it helps you ignore what your Party is doing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Trump administration opens door to let states impose Medicaid work requirements

The GOP war on the poor continues. A complete lack of understanding what Medicaid is and who receives it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump administration opens door to let states impose Medicaid work requirements

The GOP war on the poor continues. A complete lack of understanding what Medicaid is and who receives it.
    And the truly ironic part of the equation is that the poor dumb turds who voted for Trump would suffer right along with everyone else. But hey, her emails!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!