Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How many of his listeners have a serious case of cognitive dissonance?
    How many of them have a serious case of cognition at all? :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Part of the issue is we don't do our job in who we elect.

There is a reason you don't vote straight ticket especially see who got into the White House thanks to that.

Look at who votes in elections.

I'll give you real example here in Dallas.

We had elections back in May. For school boards, city council, mayors and so on.

You go into SOME black communities-the elections are already over because whoever is black has won by a land slide that if Trump had that lead Hilary would have conceded after 30 minutes after the polls closed.

One election had 10K voters vote-a school board slot that went to a runoff. So you had Judge slot, mayor slots and city council spots up for grabs and the number of folks who voted in those elections-under 1K.

We as POC have to pay attention over who gets put in office and look beyond skin color.

Also we have to accept a reality when it comes to these jurors. They will RESEARCH the holy heck out of whatever court case they get assigned to. They are going to look up everyone in that case and use it against them.

Sadly I agree 100%.

In other news. Today the Ossoff campaign called me asking to phone bank for him again.
    A couple months ago and last month. I decided to campaign for him and help out as much as I could. I donated time and money to him.
    Then he just failed my Purity test this past week. He finally came out with his full platform, now that the numbers are so close.
    He's going more Conservative.
    Then he said he doesn't support Medicare for all... Done!
    No tax increases to help his state? Done..
    Now he's running Republican lite...

I'm done.

I hope he wins, but my part in helping is done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...cid=spartanntp

Twitter is calling it an anti-Muslim crime, as apparently the victims were all Muslims leaving their mosque.

And in the States, a 17 year old girl was beaten to death with a baseball bat. She happens to've been Muslim but, of course, the police are indicating that they 'don't believe' it was a bias crime yet.
    Question is, once all is said and done, will they call it Terrorism?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Sadly I agree 100%.

In other news. Today the Ossoff campaign called me asking to phone bank for him again.
    A couple months ago and last month. I decided to campaign for him and help out as much as I could. I donated time and money to him.
    Then he just failed my Purity test this past week. He finally came out with his full platform, now that the numbers are so close.
    He's going more Conservative.
    Then he said he doesn't support Medicare for all... Done!
    No tax increases to help his state? Done..
    Now he's running Republican lite...

I'm done.

I hope he wins, but my part in helping is done.
    I keep getting e-mails from Ossoff asking for money. (I already gave $15, in three separate $5 donations) Two days before the election! What is he going to spend it on at this late a date? At least admit that any donations made between now and Tuesday are really going into a warchest for the next election.

BANNED

Theresa May just did.

Though I think that was before the media breathlessly reported the perp to be a "clean shaven white guy." She might still switch to lone wolf with mental issues.
    Last edited by jeanvaljean; 06-18-2017 at 11:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I keep getting e-mails from Ossoff asking for money. (I already gave $15, in three separate $5 donations) Two days before the election! What is he going to spend it on at this late a date? At least admit that any donations made between now and Tuesday are really going into a warchest for the next election.
    It's quite likely that the campaign has unpaid bills. Many campaigns fundraise afterwards to pay printers, tv ads etc after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    It's quite likely that the campaign has unpaid bills. Many campaigns fundraise afterwards to pay printers, tv ads etc after the fact.
    Sure.

That said, you have to consider that you may be potentially dampening the enthusiasm of a person like Malvolio.

Also, it appears that the race in question has tightened up. Never hurts to have the cash to cover bills if it doesn't break your way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure.

That said, you have to consider that you may be potentially dampening the enthusiasm of a person like Malvolio.
    Nah, he probably knows every Malvolio has a jeanvaljean to explain how campaigns work to him or her.

Sounds like they're about to do so. Question is now whether or not they'll charge the ******* who murdered that girl with hate crimes.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    And in the States, a 17 year old girl was beaten to death with a baseball bat. She happens to've been Muslim but, of course, the police are indicating that they 'don't believe' it was a bias crime yet.
    Muslim Teen Killed After Leaving Virginia Mosque; Suspect Arrested

The suspect appears to be Hispanic. I wonder how long before Cheeto Jesus hops on Twitter to gloat about his being right regarding Mexicans as being killers and bad guys?

Jenner On GOP Baseball Shooting: ‘Liberals Can’t Even Shoot Straight’

College Republican crowd goes wild in response. Heavy sigh. So much for toning down the rhetoric in the aftermath of the attack. Meanwhile, speaking of rhetoric....

Democrats Are ‘Children Of Satan,’ Right-Wing Radio Host Says

Jesse Lee Peterson slams acts of political unity after shooting at Alexandria baseball field.

The violence led to numerous displays of unity among lawmakers on both sides of the aisle, including shared prayers. But Peterson said Republicans shouldn’t join them.

“What are the Democrats praying for? The Democrats are not of God,” Peterson said. “All of a sudden when Scalise gets shot, when they hear about the shooting, all the children of Satan are going to come together and pray? Please!”

In the past, Peterson, who is black, has said he would like to “take all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working.” He also said that giving women the right to vote was “one of the greatest mistakes America made.” His self-titled radio show has featured interviews with other divisive right-wing figures, including Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke and Rafael Cruz, the father of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas).
    I have no words to describe this traitorous smacked ass sumbitch.

Why These Religious Leaders Are Standing With Planned Parenthood

“When people of faith speak up for reproductive justice, compassion becomes the order of the day.” Highly interesting.

Jason Chaffetz Slams Donald Trump And Jeff Sessions As He Leaves Congress

Outgoing lawmaker says Trump administration is “almost worse” than Obama. Wow! That's quite the burn, coming from Bucky Beaver.

Another Noose Found Near D.C. Museums, Police Say

The noose was discovered hanging from a lamp post outside the National Gallery of Art. Short and sweet, this **** has got to stop.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Jenner On GOP Baseball Shooting: ‘Liberals Can’t Even Shoot Straight’

College Republican crowd goes wild in response. Heavy sigh. So much for toning down the rhetoric in the aftermath of the attack.
    Just as a lark, searched around to see if anyone else used lines like that. Found a quote from Trump last year criticizing the US military of not being able to shoot straight on Russia's behalf, because of course he said that. Funnier though I found this:

http://www.historyinanhour.com/2013/...talin-summary/
    Born 18 March 1907, Yakov Stalin (or Dzhugashvili) was the son of Joseph Stalin and Stalin’s first wife, Ekaterina Svanidze. Stalin certainly didn’t harbour particularly warm feelings for his son. Deprived of his father’s affections and upset by a failed romance, Yakov, or Yasha as Stalin called him, once tried to shoot himself. As he lay bleeding, his father scathingly remarked, ‘He can’t even shoot straight’.
    All the heart of Joseph Stalin. Classy.
    (Even if the account is probably anecdotal)
    Last edited by JCAll; 06-19-2017 at 01:58 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Muslim Teen Killed After Leaving Virginia Mosque; Suspect Arrested

The suspect appears to be Hispanic. I wonder how long before Cheeto Jesus hops on Twitter to gloat about his being right regarding Mexicans as being killers and bad guys?

Democrats Are ‘Children Of Satan,’ Right-Wing Radio Host Says

I have no words to describe this traitorous smacked ass sumbitch.

The victim was Muslim so I expect Trump will ignore the incident.

Peterson is the a crazy self hating negro who once said "Thank God for slavery" and that it wasn't all that bad.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Surprise! Trump took the family to Camp David this weekend and he actually liked it!

Of course, there is still a cost involved but not like when he goes to his golf club/resorts. There's plenty of privacy and it's set up to provide protection.

Trump took his wife Melania and 11-year-old son Barron to the secluded presidential retreat in Maryland's Catoctin Mountains for the first time to celebrate Father's Day, and, surprisingly, this verdict was positive. "Camp David is a very special place," he wrote on Twitter. "An honor to have spent the weekend there. Military runs it so well and are so proud of what they do!"

As he walked into the White House from his Marine One helicopter Sunday after visiting the wooded hideaway, a reporter asked how he liked what his predecessors and White House staffers often called "Camp." Trump replied, "incredible," "beautiful," and "really nice."

All this was in contrast to the negative remarks Trump made just before taking office in January. "Camp David is very rustic," he told reporters for foreign newspapers. "It's nice. You'd like it. You know how long you'd like it? For about 30 minutes."
    What did he think it was, a Yogi Bear Campground? At least their son might have some fun there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Surprise! Trump took the family to Camp David this weekend and he actually liked it!

Of course, there is still a cost involved but not like when he goes to his golf club/resorts. There's plenty of privacy and it's set up to provide protection.

What did he think it was, a Yogi Bear Campground? At least their son might have some fun there.
    Yes, he literally thought it was camping. Because he is a child.