Page 767 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 26766771775776376476576676776876977077177781786712671767 ... LastLast
Results 11,491 to 11,505 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Correct. I'm glad we could reach an agreement so quickly. Do you refer to Greco-Roman, Norse, Aztec, Yoruba, etc., stories as myths or "faith preferences"? Do you believe that they are as equally factual as Christianity?
    Ásatrú, please! :P

It's our latest reminder of what a crock the statement "Nuh uh. Both parties are just as bad," actually is...

It’s Your Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day!

(And please, for those who those who really felt the "Both Parties are Just as Bad" statement is defensible, remember, I'm still challenging you to write your own essays each day, to keep pace with me, if it's actually "just as bad". Keep in mind, you have to pick someone from politics who has either ran for, held office within the past 5 years, and have multiple verifiable news sources to any quotes/beliefs they might have to build a solid, established track record of stupid that clearly isn't a fluke. Hell, we'll even accept people who help write party platforms within that time frame. Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 228-2, since this was established on 7-18-14)

Michelle Fiore

Nevada State Assembly member Michelle Fiore is a tough-talking New Yorker who moved to Nevada in 1993, and after winning office first in 2012, has spent the better part of the past two years bringing her brash, abrasive personality to the fore in Nevada politics. Amongst her more colorful remarks were her support of Jim Wheeler, a colleague who said he would legalize slavery if his constituents wanted him to (note to self: look into him for a CSGOPOTD profile), her proud confession that she likes to carry her own firearm through gun-free zones, her declaration that the Nevada GOP wanted to “arm teachers K-12”, and declaring that Republican colleagues of hers have their head up… places, and that her party needed to grow a pair of brass ovaries or testicles.

But that was all in her first year in office. She really made a name for herself during the standoff between armed militias supporting rancher Cliven Bundy versus the Bureau of Land Management in April 2014. In an interview she gave to MSNBC’s Chris Hayes, she perpetrated every lie the Bundy camp had going in their favor, such as the idea that the government had never served Cliven Bundy with any sort of a bill for his fines for illegally grazing his cattle, that the Bureau of Land Management had “aimed guns at children on the Bundy Ranch”, or that the BLM had arrived on the ranch and immediately pointed guns at Bundy and his family from the start. The most amazing part of the interview, of course, was when Chris Hayes asked the very loaded question, if Fiore recognized the authority of the federal government… and she refused to answer it, instead calling for the firing or resignation of someone in the BLM.

Now, of course, Fiore got rather quiet about her support of Cliven Bundy after he started “teaching folks about the negro”, of course, but it should come as little surprise as to why she found so much kinship with him… she herself at the time owed the IRS around $1.1 million, and the agency had a lien on her earnings.This resulted in Fiore temporarily losing her position, as… yes, the head of Nevada State Assembly’s committee on taxation. She of course, being a member of the GOP, the “party of responsibility” blames her poor tax history on former employees, and accepts no blame, herself.

But also like many on the Bundy Ranch, Fiore loves her some guns. She has a 100% rating from the National Rifle Association, and last week was featured in a New York Times article where she was calling for college campuses to allow more guns (in spite of an increase in shootings at universities) to help combat rape in a rather sexist way:
    “If these young, hot little girls on campus have a firearm, I wonder how many men will want to assault them. The sexual assaults that are occurring would go down once these sexual predators get a bullet in their head.”
    Fiore currently is hosting her own weekly talk show as well, where she goes out of her way to badmouth not just her Democratic opposition, but her GOP colleagues. Giving her a soapbox to get up on once a week can’t be a good idea for Nevada Republicans, considering she’ll sling mud at everyone, including her own, and generally shoot her mouth off in ways that will embarrass her, and them, by extension. It will be interesting to see if they try to make her a new face of the party in the state, or do the smart thing and run someone against her in a primary before she does too much damage.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Exactly. 10 char/

Just making a correlation that denying the validity of a person's personal lifestyle because a person does not ascribe to it nor believe in it is bashing it.

Maybe a little too crudely. But that was what i was trying to do.
    Look, things are either real or not. Being of the opinion that something isn't true isn't "bashing" it, it's just disagreeing.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 02-23-2015 at 10:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Look, things are either real or not. Being of the opinion that that something isn't true isn't "bashing" it, it's just disagreeing.
    Like the President's love of America or his Citizenship?

BANNED

Like the President's love of America or his Citizenship?
    I can believe there are people dumb or uninformed enough to honestly believe those things. I just have issues with politicians who know they aren't true and use them as cynical, racist dog whistles the way Walker and Guiliani did.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — An Idaho lawmaker received a brief lesson on female anatomy after asking if a woman can swallow a small camera for doctors to conduct a remote gynecological exam.

The question Monday from Republican state Rep. Vito Barbieri came as the House State Affairs Committee heard nearly three hours of testimony on a bill that would ban doctors from prescribing abortion-inducing medication through telemedicine.

Barbieri later said that the question was rhetorical and intended to make a point.

Dr. Julie Madsen, a physician who said she has provided various telemedicine services in Idaho, was testifying in opposition to the bill. She said some colonoscopy patients may swallow a small device to give doctors a closer look at parts of their colon.

"Can this same procedure then be done in a pregnancy? Swallowing a camera and helping the doctor determine what the situation is?" Barbieri asked.

Madsen replied that would be impossible because swallowed pills do not end up in the vagina.

"Fascinating. That makes sense," Barbieri said, amid the crowd's laughter.
    ........what. I think we all know what he was probably hoping for.

Future CSGOPTD? :P
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-23-2015 at 10:38 PM.

BANNED

Calling a person's faith preference a Myth and a Lie isnt a bash?

Okay. Whatever you say.
    Are you a Biblical literalist then? That would include believing, for example, that the moon produces its own light and is not just a reflector.

If not, you must admit that the stories in the bible are mostly mythological.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_mythology
    Last edited by the4thpip; 02-24-2015 at 05:11 AM.

Pip, the post you're responding to has been deleted at the poster's request. Let it go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Pip, the post you're responding to has been deleted at the poster's request. Let it go.
    huh?
    When and where did that happen? It's not deleted for me.

My mistake, I thought it had been for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    ........what. I think we all know what he was probably hoping for.

Future CSGOPTD? :P
    Vito Barbieri... I think I'd have remembered his name if he's ever popped up in the news before. I'll have to learn more about the guy's voting record and other details.

Whether or not he's nuts... that's just a dumb-assed quote, and I can only hope the chamber broke out in laughter at the doctor's sage medical advice to him about the female anatomy.

Based off of the fact that I just found an article that says he also is an Agenda 21 conspiracy theorist, is anti-birth control, wants the U.S. military deployed along our border with Mexico to prevent illegal immigration, and thinks it's better if children should be homeschooled because public schools can't teach the Bible and are "too secular"...

Yeah. He's gonna get a profile now for sure.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 02-24-2015 at 01:45 AM.

"Can this same procedure then be done in a pregnancy? Swallowing a camera and helping the doctor determine what the situation is?" Barbieri asked.
    One would think, if a legislator was that determined to make laws restricting what women can do with their own damn bodies, he would at least make the effort to learn a little bit about how those bodies work.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Vito Barbieri... I think I'd have remembered his name if he's ever popped up in the news before. I'll have to learn more about the guy's voting record and other details.

Whether or not he's nuts... that's just a dumb-assed quote, and I can only hope the chamber broke out in laughter at the doctor's sage medical advice to him about the female anatomy.

Based off of the fact that I just found an article that says he also is an Agenda 21 conspiracy theorist, is anti-birth control, wants the U.S. military deployed along our border with Mexico to prevent illegal immigration, and thinks it's better if children should be homeschooled because public schools can't teach the Bible and are "too secular"...

Yeah. He's gonna get a profile now for sure.
    Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. I suspect he was asking (hopefully) so he could slip a provision in about requiring women to undergo such a procedure before getting an abortion. Given the track record with trans-vaginal ultrasounds and what not, I wouldn't be surprised. That's purely speculative on my part, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. I suspect he was asking (hopefully) so he could slip a provision in about requiring women to undergo such a procedure before getting an abortion. Given the track record with trans-vaginal ultrasounds and what not, I wouldn't be surprised. That's purely speculative on my part, though.
    I think you have it about right.

Man... it seems like the queue of people I still have to write keeps staying around 200 more still pending, no matter how many I write.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    One would think, if a legislator was that determined to make laws restricting what women can do with their own damn bodies, he would at least make the effort to learn a little bit about how those bodies work.
    I guess Barbieri probably doesn't think it's important, that he's only interested in the end result. And the GOP's War On Women marches on....
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!