Page 85 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889951351855851085 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 104733
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    SCOTUS: Ruling Applies Broadly To Contraception Coverage

how long before corporations demand the same thing for other medications? or medical procedures?
    Hey, turns out the "liberal media" weren't trying to screw with us after all. I think an apology is in order, md62.

BANNED

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...r-post-n146066

At this point our immigration laws are a big joke. We need to start shipping these people right back to their countries. Their situation sucks, but it is not our job to feed, clothe, and shelter the entire god damn world. If it was our job, somebody needs to start paying us to do it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    We need to start shipping these people right back to their countries.
    Yeah, because forced relocation of millions of people has never gone wrong before.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Their situation sucks, but it is not our job to feed, clothe, and shelter the entire god damn world.
    Because the United States and corporations based there had nothing to do with why their situations suck. Especially not in Central and South America.
    Last edited by Double 0; 07-02-2014 at 09:16 AM.

BANNED

Day One of Georgia's All Guns In Your Face And You Can't Do Anything About It, You Filthy Communist Law:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...uns-everywhere

Hopefully someone will have some sense and revisit the law before the population takes a nosedive.

BANNED

According to the Daily Times, the first man, Ronald Williams, approached the second man in the store and demanded to see his identification and firearms license. Williams also pulled his gun from his holster, without pointing it at the second man. The second man responded by saying that he was not obligated to show any permits or identification -- then he paid for his purchase, left the store, and called the police.
    This part frightens and amuses me...what kind of mindset do you have to have to just start asking people for identification

oh what, you have an over compensation issue...ah got it

These men want to play John Wayne, and they won't be satisfied until they shoot someone dead in the street.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

At this point our immigration laws are a big joke. We need to start shipping these people right back to their countries. Their situation sucks, but it is not our job to feed, clothe, and shelter the entire god damn world. If it was our job, somebody needs to start paying us to do it then.
    "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    These men want to play John Wayne, and they won't be satisfied until they shoot someone dead in the street.
    and if they want to do it properly, they should do it from the shadows and let Jimmy Stewart take the credit.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

BANNED

Some of them, including some of the kids, are coming here to keep from being murdered. If we ship them back, they will die.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Surtur can look at his own roots:

Our immigration laws do suck, but not in the direction you're talking about. We need to find a way to let them become citizens, instead of using them as a near slave-labor force. You know, because it's one of the things that made this country great in the first place. Unless one is a full-blooded Native American one has no right to make "them and us" distinctions about immigrants, legal or illegal.

EDIT: Coke from Emma Lazarus' fridge for the tentacle-faced one.
    Last edited by Paradox; 07-02-2014 at 11:13 AM.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Some of them, including some of the kids, are coming here to keep from being murdered. If we ship them back, they will die.
    Im sure you'll have the 'Merican response - "How is that OUR problem?"

BANNED

Default Gun Control Debate Thread

So where do you stand on the issue of gun control? More restrictions? More guns for everyone? No guns for anyone?

Georgia just had a new "guns everywhere" law go into effect, and on the first day one gunwielder was arrested after trying to use his gun to push around another gunwielder.

“Essentially, it involved one customer with a gun on his hip when a second customer entered with a gun on his hip," Childress said.

According to the Daily Times, the first man, Ronald Williams, approached the second man in the store and demanded to see his identification and firearms license. Williams also pulled his gun from his holster, without pointing it at the second man. The second man responded by saying that he was not obligated to show any permits or identification -- then he paid for his purchase, left the store, and called the police.

Police responded to the call around 3 p.m. Tuesday, and Williams was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct for pulling his gun in the store.

Tuesday was also the day that Georgia's so-called "guns everywhere" law went into effect, allowing residents to carry guns into bars, nightclubs, classrooms, and certain government buildings. Among other things, the law also prohibits police from demanding to see the weapons permit of someone seen carrying a gun. Childress mentioned that last point when talking to the Daily Times about Tuesday's incident.

“This is an example of my concern with the new gun law that people will take the law into their own hands which we will not tolerate,” Childress said.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Clarkie knows how it's done:

and if they want to do it properly, they should do it from the shadows and let Jimmy Stewart take the credit.
    **Gene Pitney Seal of Approval**
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

I don't get Georgia's new gun law. I'm sure it applies only to licensed gun holders, but it also prevents police from asking someone to prove they are a licensed gun holder. So doesn't it essentially allow anyone, however criminal or unfit, to carry around a gun?