Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I think education about firearms and making them a part of people lives safely is the solution. Rhetoric and cliches don’t solve ****.
    Absolutely! If only those Newton 1st graders were trained in firearms and allowed to bring Fisher Price style AR-15s to school, they might be alive today. I blame the parents!

Extraordinary Member

The more blacks that are armed the better.
    The more women that are armed the better.
    The more LGBT that are armed the better.

More responsible gun ownership among people is a good thing.
    Responsible gun ownership didn't do Philando Castile much good.

Unless you want to go full on Huey P. Newton and assume White Civil Society itself is what you are arming yourself against.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    if guns arent the problem, why did a Republican congressman push for a ban on the CDC researching gun violence
    Things that make you go hmmmmmm! Whenever some white guy goes on a killing spree, Republicans are quick to say he was a deranged lone wolf, mentally unstable, in other words, off his fucking nut. Yet, they refuse to let the CDC do research on gun violence, no doubt because their masters at the NRA and the gun lobby wouldn't like the results that would be produced.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Things that make you go hmmmmmm! Whenever some white guy goes on a killing spree, Republicans are quick to say he was a deranged lone wolf, mentally unstable, in other words, off his fucking nut. Yet, they refuse to let the CDC do research on gun violence, no doubt because their masters at the NRA and the gun lobby wouldn't like the results that would be produced.
    It’s probably part of Republican’s unwavering commitment to limited government

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I've said it before, that if you want to reduce gun fatalities by restricting a type then assault rifles are the worst category to chase after. Handguns, handguns, handguns. They are the weapon used in somewhere around 80-85% of all gun fatalities.
    I do not agree, for one reason, this will affect low income gun owners, specially black people.

These are LIGO people who usually find themselves in inner city neighborhoods or otherwise bad situations they can't afford to move out of. These people need to make compromises, fortunately you have more options than ever before.

Most of them will aquire glocks but they can always aquire other kind of handguns such as tangfolio pistols.

These are polymer and steel frame CZ clones. In fact, the 9mm models will lock and feed CZ 75 mags, the 9mm Pavona is an excellent choice for a subcompact, up there with Glock 43 and M&P Shield if you ask me.

fortunately you have more options than ever before.
    I’m sure those HS kids in Florida feel very fortunate that this “freedom” was available in their community.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There is an AARP that fights any laws that would make it easier to take away the licenses of the elderly and senile.
    Well I don’t have the raw data in front of me; but in terms of public health concerns, I’m sure gun death outweigh death by grandpa. So the NRA interference has far deadlier consequences for all of us, no?

BANNED

and judging by the response from the pro "from my cold dead hand side" its making it look like they are going to start attacking HS kids for speaking up

self sabotage is real

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Trump will address the nation soon. Fully expect Trump to act like this kid was mentally disturbed and address NOTHING as usual. He won't and possibly will suggest we arm janitors , teachers and more at schools like some have suggested.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There is an AARP that fights any laws that would make it easier to take away the licenses of the elderly and senile.
    If they are so powerful, why does the GOP have no problem attacking Social Security and Medicare. The AARP fought hard against the abdominal tax cut, yet it passed.
    Tell me how the AARP has the power of the NRA again?

Your GOP talking points are getting weaker and weaker.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

watch the Idiot try to make a deal

give him his "immigration" and he'll support any gun legislation that makes it to his desk

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Trump will address the nation soon. Fully expect Trump to act like this kid was mentally disturbed and address NOTHING as usual. He won't and possibly will suggest we arm janitors , teachers and more at schools like some have suggested.
    I suspect Trump had to be dragged kicking and screaming into doing even that much, and yeah, it won't be anything substantial, lest he piss off the NRA.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The more blacks that are armed the better.
    The more women that are armed the better.
    The more LGBT that are armed the better.

More responsible gun ownership among people is a good thing.
    You seem nice.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Keeping deranged people from getting guns would stop events like the shooting yesterday. Arming more people would not. It would simply increase necessarily the amount of people with guns who might go off one day.

More guns is not the answer. Pretending 'better gun training' is also not the answer.

The answer is, as always, /less guns/ and a culture that worships guns less.

Australia, after all, hasn't had a mass shooting since 1996.
    I disagree, Here's a great example of bipartisan legislation that actually addresses a problem that led to mass shootings and could prevent more.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ngress/545399/

Another idea i have read about how to prevent things like this, and i will have to do more research on this one, is to require legal gun ownership to require a certain amount of liability insurance. The insurance companies can decide who's insurable and at what rates. Caught with a gun that doesn't have insurance, serious repercussions.

I find it to be an interesting idea since these subtleties are dealt with much better on the insurance side of things and certain profiles of individuals and guns are much LESS likely to be used in shootings, and background checks don't go into those subtleties.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The FBI has confirmed that it was warned about the teenager who allegedly carried out a mass shooting at his former school in Florida.
    Nikolas Cruz, who has been charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder, reportedly left a comment on a YouTube video last year stating: "I'm going to be a professional school shooter."

After seeing [the] comment on a YouTube post last year by Mr Cruz, 19, user Ben Bennight contacted the FBI with his concerns. He said he spoke to representatives there for about 20 minutes.

Mr Bennight said that the FBI had contacted him again following the school shooting in Parkland.

The FBI confirmed on Thursday that they were made aware of the comment, adding that they had conducted "checks" but were unable to identify the person behind it.

Teachers were also warned about Mr Cruz, who was not allowed on campus with a backpack, US media report.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43071710
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”