Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I drank the NRA kool aid for over a decade, from 14 up until my mid 20s - Im 38 now

the NRA used to be a good organization, they used to be about sporting and hunting culture, even had a robust youth safety program

then things changed after Columbine and they went full bore into lobbying to make sure that not only no additional gun regs were passed, but not even a discussion happens

while we are dealing with an epidemic of mass shootings
    I get it. Polarized fetishists are running the NRA now. Still, even at this level of ugliness, it strikes me as disingenuous to talk as if they - and not those who walked into the shop, bought the gun, drew up plans, scoped out their killing fields, and went through with the deed - are the "butchers of children".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    To call the NRA "child murderers" with a straight face is to essentially shift the ENTIRE burden of accountability on them. And that to me is bullshit, Carabas.
    It does not shift the ENTIRE burden. It just makes them accomplices.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It does not shift the ENTIRE burden. It just makes them accomplices.
    accomplices
    complicit
    selling the myth that one NEED firearms and the world is out to get them

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

One thing people don't realize is that 10-20% of the US population is libertarian. I've noticed a significant rise in it socially out there. A lot of non-conservatives are simply libertarian and heck, may even go farther right on gun control than many conservatives. There a growing group very not socially conservative people that hate laws on weed and guns...hell, they just hate laws period.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-19-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Re the NRA, let's be real here, a good portion of the NRA head guys are owned themselves by the gun manufacturer s. Let's also consider the fact that while they did not directly push this kid to commit the crime, they did not help matters by not pushing Congress for stricter laws. Laws that could help save a life, and make them look better. My main worry is that they're going to do what big tobacco has and push their "messages" on to other countries.

Seriously I think the founders would have been ashamed of what they have become.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I'm actually a strong advocate for gun ownership in the black community BECAUSE of the white NRA types, and people like Ted Nugent. I use to have a RA-15, i know two of my younger sisters do.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I'm actually a strong advocate for gun ownership in the black community BECAUSE of the white NRA types, and people like Ted Nugent. I use to have a RA-15, i know two of my younger sisters do.
    My personal belief for myself is that I'd advise people in my life don't own guns unless you really need them (at real high risk, genuine victim, avid hunter, etc). But yeah, I've seen so many drift to guns (rightly or wrongly) because of real experiences in their life with crime or etc.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-19-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    So the NRA aren't the ones killing these children then, and it's just their admitted unlikableness (much like Big Tobacco) that tempts people to shift blame towards them.
    Actually, it's that they spend a ton of money on making sure guns remain attainable and that no conversation about that problem is allowed to happen through the members of our government that they support monetarily that tempts people to shift the blame towards them.

In case you didn't realize.

Again, this is why I say they are complicit in these mass shootings.

I'm not sure many people were fooled. It seemed like people saw through the troll net, but asked for his resignation anyway.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Evidently the nazi hate group made that up, because they would find it cool if people thought that of them.
    They probably thought it was cool because the kid didn't like jews and blacks, but then changed their minds when they realized that white people got hurt in the shooting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Seriously I think the founders would have been ashamed of what they have become.
    Let's face it, the founders would probably burn it all down and kill a bunch of people that folks in this thread are fans of.

The would most likely look like The Minutemen from Atlantic City forward in 100 Bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They probably thought it was cool because the kid didn't like jews and blacks, but then changed their minds when they realized that white people got hurt in the shooting as well.
    Actually the guy that gave the declaration was known for being an attention seeker by the SPLC. he even called them in 2014 to ask them why they were not in their hate group list and other groups dislike him and call him a nutjob.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 02-19-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Actually, it's that they spend a ton of money on making sure guns remain attainable and that no conversation about that problem is allowed to happen through the members of our government that they support monetarily that tempts people to shift the blame towards them.

In case you didn't realize.

Again, this is why I say they are complicit in these mass shootings.
    Here, here. The NRA have blood on their hands. I hope the kids give em hell.

So Trump is such a dolt, or thinks his followers are so stupid (he might be right there), that he thinks the Russian Investigation is being done by the FBI tip line and the South Florida field office.
    Pathetic how little he understands about how the Government operates. Really the least qualified person to ever be President.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    My personal belief for myself is that I'd advise people in my life don't own guns unless you really need them (at real high risk, genuine victim, avid hunter, etc). But yeah, I've seen so many drift to guns (rightly or wrongly) because of real experiences in their life with crime or etc.
    I think she mean taking up arms because those types of right wingers exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I'm not sure many people were fooled. It seemed like people saw through the troll net, but asked for his resignation anyway.
    Politics is a morally grey dirty business. They were likely pushed into a morton's fork position.