It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Tami sees fate in action:

The GOP is doing the work of the Democrats for them.
    At least they've finally found something they can actually work together on.
    'Dox out.

"Itís cold and itís mean-spirited and I donít like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Tami gives me a twitch:

I know I said I was tired of Trump, but I have to agree with Kelly..."Seriously?"

And Megan Kelly, you know you want to be a crusader for Women's rights against male bullies like Trump, so, just do it.
    Frankly, Trump's animosity has done her nothing but good. But she SOOO wants to be Fox's Rachel Maddow and she SOOO isn't.

The new haircut was so transparent...
    'Dox out.

"Itís cold and itís mean-spirited and I donít like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Interesting article on Bernie or Bust:

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/23/hear...ernie_or_bust/
    Yeah, but I think you still have the vote particularly for this election year. Staying home on election day will get you Trump in the White House and the stakes were raised when Scalia kicked the bucket.

The GOP started out with everyone snickering about Trump entering the field. They're not laughing now. His army of wackos will show up at the polls.

Karadzic guilty of Bosnia genocide, jailed for 40 years

Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic was convicted by U.N. judges of genocide for the 1995 Srebrenica massacre, the worst war crime in Europe since World War Two, and sentenced to 40 years in prison.

Karadzic, 70, the former president of the breakaway Bosnian Serb Republic, was found guilty on 10 out of 11 charges brought by war crimes prosecutors at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in The Hague. He would appeal the decision, his legal adviser said.

"The accused was the sole person within Republika Srpska (the Bosnian Serb Republic) with the power to prevent the killing of the Bosnian Muslim males," said presiding judge O-Gon Kwok, in a reference to the 8,000 killed at Srebrenica.

"Far from preventing it, he ordered they be transferred elsewhere to be killed," the judge said.
    40 years doesn't seem nearly long enough, but at his age I guess it's as good as a life sentence.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Them goal posts keep moving.
    No, they're still wrapped firmly around issues of disenfranchisement. There will be follow-up questions, connecting issues, and general drift as with any debate, but if you want to address a particular point again, there's literally nothing stopping you from doing so.
    Last edited by Brigonos Chomhgaill; 03-24-2016 at 12:16 PM.

How North Carolina’s controversial ‘bathroom bill’ could backfire on Republicans

With the business community at their backs, Democrats can argue this new law won't just hurt LGBT residents, but that it will hurt North Carolina's economy -- just like evidence shows it hurt Indiana's. A survey found Indiana's largest city, Indianapolis, was estimated to have lost $60 million in economic investment in the aftermath of a religious freedom bill that passed the state last year. The business community was already in action in nearby Georgia, where Disney and Marvel are threatening to pull out of filming in Georgia if the state's Republican governor signs a religious liberty bill into law aimed at protecting clergy who don't want to perform same-sex weddings.
    So, how many times will the GOP's Over-reactive and Excessive Government reach does it take to put the poor SOB's out of their misery? It's like the GOP is flying a 747 straight into a Mountain, a Mountain they refuse to see and refuse to listen to warnings about.

Another case of GOP Insanity

Dems protest subpoenas seeking names of fetal tissue researchers

Democrats on the committee investigating Planned Parenthood are denouncing Republicans for issuing a new round of subpoenas, some of which call for the names of fetal tissue researchers.

Democrats warn that revealing the names of those researchers puts their safety at risk.

The chairwoman of the committee, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), on Wednesday informed the ranking member, Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), of her plan to issue 17 new subpoenas, Democrats say.

Some of the subpoenas are for organizations that redacted names in previously submitted documents, according to Democrats.

“There is no legitimate need for the names of researchers, students, clinic personnel and doctors; and amassing a database that could be released publicly at any time is a threat to anyone whose name might be on that list,” Schakowsky said in a statement Thursday.

Democrats say they were not told which organizations are covered in the new subpoenas.

A previous round of three subpoenas went to Stem Express, a fetal tissue procurement firm; the University of New Mexico, which conducts medical research using fetal tissue; and Southwestern Women’s Options, an abortion clinic in New Mexico.
    Republicans are on a witch hunt. Sounds like they are afraid that the end (of the GOP) is near and this is their last gasp.

Former Ole Miss student pleads guilty to hanging noose around statue honoring the first black student

A former student of the University of Mississippi pleaded guilty Thursday to a federal civil-rights crime, acknowledging that he and another man had tied a noose and a Confederate flag around the neck of a statue honoring the black man who integrated the state’s flagship university.
    They are crawling out of the woodwork. Bet I know who he supports in the election.

Speaking of which

Cruz to Trump: ‘Donald, you’re a sniveling coward. Leave Heidi the hell alone.’

“Our spouses and our children are off bounds,” Cruz said. “It is not acceptable for a big, loud New York bully to attack my wife. It is not acceptable for him to make insults, to send nasty tweets -- and I don’t know what he does late at night, but he tends to do these at about 11:30 at night, I assume when his fear is at the highest point.”

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Former Ole Miss student pleads guilty to hanging noose around statue honoring the first black student

They are crawling out of the woodwork. Bet I know who he supports in the election.
    Hmm! I'm guessing it ain't Bernie. The GOP must be proud to have birthed all those bigoted cretins.

Between Cruz's wife and Megyn Kelly, Trump has a sick obsession with attacking women, and he either can't, or won't stop. How in the hell does this make him presidential material when he acts like a schoolyard bully? The whole world is looking at this clusterfuck and laughing their collective asses off at us.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

007 girl.

Ted didn't seem to have a problem when pictures of Trump's wife were used to sway Mormons in Utah.

Nor did anyone else here on the bash-Trump bus
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hmm! I'm guessing it ain't Bernie. The GOP must be proud to have birthed all those bigoted cretins.

Between Cruz's wife and Megyn Kelly, Trump has a sick obsession with attacking women, and he either can't, or won't stop.
    You won't stop attacking him it seems...you keep calling him orange ass, what if he called you black ass, would you respect that?
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Between Cruz's wife and Megyn Kelly, Trump has a sick obsession with attacking women, and he either can't, or won't stop. How in the hell does this make him presidential material when he acts like a schoolyard bully? The whole world is looking at this clusterfuck and laughing their collective asses off at us.
    Trump sees status as a zero sum game - for him to get more means he has to take it from someone else, and misogyny is his go-to weapon for it.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

007 girl.

Trump is expected to bring home the GOP New York primary by a considerably wide margin.

According to the anti-Trump brigade here, is this because a million or so New Yorkers are racist? Fascist? Mysogynists?

Thankfully, voters don't really care about opinions posted here.

Last post...just wanted to be the one person who openly supported him. Ta-ta!