Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    its garbage considering how the WWE treats their "employees"
    That's another matter that is also true. Although besides the wrestlers, the non contract employees are apparently treated well. Just not the wrestlers fully

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just heard that Linda McMahon was brought onboard by Trump to run the Small Business Administration. That's right, folks, Vince's wife. Christ on a crutch, now there's a WWE element in the Trump cabinet. What's next? Wrestlemania on the White House lawn?
    It's all Favoritism, Cronyism, and Nepotism. Trump is just hiring people he knows, that he owes something to, or who his advisors suggest even though they have no idea what they are doing.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

There's a hunger problem on America's college campuses

Not only will College Students Not get a break on school costs, they are starving.

Montclair State University's food pantry is tucked away down a maze of hallways in the student center. Like the hunger problem on campus itself, the pantry is not quite out in the open.

It opened on the New Jersey college's campus in April, after administrators started hearing from students who said they were hungry and didn't have enough money for food. They surveyed students, finding that more than half said they or someone they know experiences "food insecurity" -- the lack of access to affordable, nutritious food.

On one Thursday in December, 33 students visited the food pantry, taking what they need to help make ends meet. They left with bread, cereal, milk, spaghetti, canned vegetables, as well as personal items like shampoo and soap.
    One thing that didn't happen to me when I was in college, I never went hungry.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I'm not a trump supporter but Linda and Vince took a regional promotion and made it into a global multimedia juggernaut. The idea of that happening was laughed at and they made it happen. Again I'm not a trump supporter but this isn't a bad pick
    That might be the case, while McMahon could well be a solid pick, the problem is that when people hear her name, their first thought will be just like mine...Vince's wife! The optics will be just plain lousy because of the WWE connection combined with all the other cronies Trump's brought onboard.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-07-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Exclusive: Judge to Trump: No getting out of Jupiter golf club lawsuit

U.S. District Court Judge Kenneth Marra on Wednesday refused yet another request by Donald Trump to toss a 2013 lawsuit filed against his Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter.

The Dec. 7 order means the case continues against Donald Trump’s country club, even though Trump is set to be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States in January.

Club members say Trump hasn’t returned an estimated $6 million to members of his country club off Donald Ross Road. Trump bought the club from the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club & Spa for $5 million in 2012.
    Good, hope the other lawsuits move forward.

Here’s How One Federal Employee Union Will Fight Back Against Trump

If the message of J. David Cox, the president of the largest federal employee union, could be summed as succinctly as possible, it would be this: Don’t panic.

The American Federation of Government Employees leader is taking a measured approach in preparing for the Trump administration, declining to sound the alarms that many Hillary Clinton supporters have in the weeks since the election. Self-described as a man who has “never seen a half-empty glass of water,” Cox told reporters Wednesday he does not expect any new challenge his union hasn't faced time and time again in its 80-year history.

“We’ve been here and done this over and over,” Cox said. He noted while there is always some apprehension during a presidential transition, “I’ve been on this merry-go-round before. This union has been on this merry-go-round before.”
    Reading it, it's pretty gruesome what Trump has planned for them.

That might be the case, while McMahon could well be a solid pick, the problem is that when people hear her name, their first thought will be just like mine...Vince's wife! The optics will be just plain lousy because of the WWE connection combined with all the other cronies Trump's brought onboard.
    That is a fair point

From what I've heard, Vince made WWE big the Trump way - by entering into unwritten agreements and then breaking them while laughing at people who made the mistake of keeping their promises.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    From what I've heard, Vince made WWE big the Trump way - by entering into unwritten agreements and then breaking them while laughing at people who made the mistake of keeping their promises.
    eh, I wouldn't go that far

he got the then WWF onto cable TV when the territory system was on its last legs

it was already on life support, Vince just pulled the plug

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I'm not a trump supporter but Linda and Vince took a regional promotion and made it into a global multimedia juggernaut.
    And then ran it into the ground, like the other promotions they cannibalized to get where they are. Sounds like a great policy for a government position. More fake people doing real jobs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That replaces the Annual Easter Egg Hunt. Now the kiddies have to wrestle each other for the eggs.
    That's a disgusting thought. Trump surrounded by small children. Oh god, the statutory cases that will go unheard of every Easter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    And then ran it into the ground, like the other promotions they cannibalized to get where they are. Sounds like a great policy for a government position. More fake people doing real jobs.
    thats inaccurate, the stock does well and the company turns a hell of profit

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Here’s How One Federal Employee Union Will Fight Back Against Trump Reading it, it's pretty gruesome what Trump has planned for them.
    I read the article four times to find what you're labeling as "gruesome". I'm starting to think you don't read the articles you post here.

The main focus is on J. David Cox (President of the AFGE) who used the words "Don't panic" and thinks that PE Trump could become the champion of Federal Employees. He says these are "tough times" (mostly because the vast majority of the union voted against PE Trump) but "Tough times never last but tough people always do." Cox is also skeptical that PE Trump will keep the 'hiring freeze' in place because the people will demand efficiency. Cox also believes there will be a bi-partisan bill ensuring raises.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Been a while folks, but I'm back with news from the deadlands.

Scott Pruitt has been picked has head of the E.P.A. in Trump's Cabinet. He's the current Attorney General of Oklahoma and is a friend of the fossil fuel industry. This is going to get really ugly.

Trump always seems to find the exact opposite person that should be leading an agency or committee, doesn't he?
    Yup. Another psychotic compulsive liar when it comes to climate change. These guys are just demented. Can you imagine someone blocking or opposing a piece of legislation on the grounds that they didn't agree with which direction "North" was?

BANNED

isn't Pruitt actively suing the EPA?