Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So, here's the thing about that.

While I have seen folks say the sort of thing you are talking about, it seems like he had absolutely zero trouble recalling that guy with the disability so he could mock him.

Unless you're saying Trump was on the level there, and wasn't actually mocking the guy because he didn't remember?
    You're conceding it's one or the other. Either he's got dementia, and his memory is f***ing garbage, OR... he's a pathological liar gaslighting the country.

Neither is a good fit for the leader of the free world.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I think it's probably just a verbal tic of sorts. He's not literally done, he's just expressing frustration.
    At least that's the way it looks to me.
    I figure it's best to just step back for a while when things get too personal -- I could respond in kind but there's no point in getting banned over nonsense.

That said, if I think someone has a legit question (like how is Trump committing treason) I'll at least try to answer it.

A lot of 30s posts are like brain teasers, though, so it's hard to give an answer when you don't even understand the question.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'd say Trump remembers things he deems as vitally important to him, such as people he wants to mock or belittle, and his enemies, be they real or perceived to nurse vendettas against. Case in point: that Latina beauty pageant contestant he still had a beef with from twenty years ago. When it comes to grudges, the Tangerine Terror has a memory that would put an elephant to shame.
    THIS. Good lord, THIS. Donald Trump's thin skin has him remember feuds and people who say nice things about him, but if you hold him accountable for whatever turd blossom of a quote he spews at any point, he has no earthly idea.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You're conceding it's one or the other. Either he's got dementia, and his memory is f***ing garbage, OR... he's a pathological liar gaslighting the country.

Neither is a good fit for the leader of the free world.
    Uh, not really...

I said that I had heard tell of that sort of stuff.

That said, the "Talk" doesn't really seem to track when you think about what WPP posted. If the guy has some sort of cognitive issues, being able to come up with the people as well as the details seems unlikely.

Factoring that in, one of those "One Or The Other" options doesn't feel so concrete.

BANNED

2 days to go.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Regardless of the debate over Trump's mental acumen and where you fall on that topic, I believe it's not hyperbole to suggest he's going to helm what could potentially be THE most corrupt administration since Richard Nixon. I was in eighth grade when Watergate went down, so I soaked in the hearings and learned just how incredibly corrupt and downright evil Tricky Dick's White House had been, making me wonder how such a thing could have been allowed to happen, well, I believe Trump is going to come awfully damn close to that nefariousness. Between his numerous conflict of interest issues which are no closer to being resolved today than they were after he won the election, his choices of appointees, all of whom have all raised serious questions if not outright rang alarm bells, never mind the ongoing speculation of Russia's possible involvement in helping him win the election, it's going to be damned hard to trust Trump because I don't know if he's working for the country's interests, his interests, Wall Street's interests, or Vlad Putin's interests. This could wind up being a worrisome four years, and that's being kind.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

You Know as a comic book fan i can only imagine how such a situation would play out in the marvel universe

but I'd Imagine a lot of superheroes would be disgusted that the country made it quite clear they don't care about justice or minoirties it would come off as the marvel civilians just not giving a crap about what happens to them and as if the heroes wasted their lives helping people who in an instant reversed everything they helped to change

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    You Know as a comic book fan i can only imagine how such a situation would play out in the marvel universe
    Closest comic book equivalents to the Trump Presidency:

Norman Osborn is put in charge of The Initiative during "Dark Reign". The real question becomes how long before the pressure makes Osborn crack, and the Goblin comes out, but in the meantime, Osborn is the more dangerous thing, unethically abusing his power whenever and wherever possible.

Lex Luthor is elected President in DC, whipping up xenophobic fears against metahumans, like Superman in particular.

I wouldn't have made these comparisons about any previous presidency, but the American public illegitimately electing someone who I've thought of as a cartoon villain my entire adult life who put together a Cabinet that is like the collective Captain Planet villains if they hated gays, too makes it pretty easy.

I'm not even exaggerating.

BANNED

Norman Osborn is put in charge of The Initiative during "Dark Reign". The real question becomes how long before the pressure makes Osborn crack, and the Goblin comes out, but in the meantime, Osborn is the more dangerous thing, unethically abusing his power whenever and wherever possible.

Lex Luthor is elected President in DC, whipping up xenophobic fears against metahumans, like Superman in particular.

I wouldn't have made these comparisons about any previous presidency, but the American public illegitimately electing someone who I've thought of as a cartoon villain my entire adult life who put together a Cabinet that is like the collective Captain Planet villains if they hated gays, too makes it pretty easy.

Dont worth, Nick Spencer will bring secret empire and it wont be subtle

BANNED

funny enough Boomerang(Cartoon Network's Sister Network)now airs several episodes of captain planet every night....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    You Know as a comic book fan i can only imagine how such a situation would play out in the marvel universe.

Just as predicted, Assange claims that because it wasn't a pardon, he's not going anywhere.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Kids at Barack Obama Elementary have known only one president. Many fear the next.

Overnight their world had shifted, and now the students at Barack Obama Elementary had a pressing question for principal Megan Ashworth: Would the name of their school change?

Would they, the Maryland kids wondered, attend Donald Trump Elementary School?

That wouldn’t happen Ashworth assured them on Nov. 9, the day after the election. She assured them again in December when that question came up during a class she visited. And she will assure them once more, if needed, after Friday when Trump officially replaces Obama.

For those who attend and live around the Prince George’s County school named for the country’s first African American president, the shift in power will not only evoke intense emotions — it will also cut at their identity. This is Obama territory, one of the nation’s most affluent, majority-black communities, where residents speak of the 44th commander in chief as they would a relative.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just as predicted, Assange claims that because it wasn't a pardon, he's not going anywhere.
    Obama didn't do it for that reason, but still, Assange is a craven rapist ****.