BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    So Huckabee somehow thinks the Dred Scott decision is still in effect.
    saw that. it's not even worth it to address this fuckboy. this walking living herpes sore that will never go away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I'm not joking at all when I say this; did she have a stroke or something earlier this year? Between her speech in January and the multiple times shes seemingly appeared drunk, or something, on her you tube channel I really think something happened. I don't think she was ever brilliant, or even average as far as intelligence goes but... come on.
    It doesn't look to be any more or less incoherent than her ramblings from 2008...

"That's why I say, I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the tax payers looking to bail out, but ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping tho— it's got to be all about job creation too, shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track, so healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as— competitive— scary thing, but one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    anyways, this whole affair is a prime example why voting, locally and beyond, is important
    Is there any information if her opponent, Republican John C. Cox, is any better?

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/gle...203302150.html

Even Glenn Beck is getting off the Sarah Palin crazy train (with apologies to Ozzy Osbourne).

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/gle...203302150.html

Even Glenn Beck is getting off the Sarah Palin crazy train (with apologies to Ozzy Osbourne).
    So Palin and Trump won't be joining Beck in the DOOM BUNKER ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

ugh Glenn Beck

for anyone that doesn't know, Glenn Beck started on a morning drive time radio show on the big Top 40 pop station here in CT - KC101

IMO morning radio is below the bottom of the barrel as it relates to entertainment

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Spear of Bashenga should recognize business as usual:

I'm not joking at all when I say this; did she have a stroke or something earlier this year? Between her speech in January and the multiple times shes seemingly appeared drunk, or something, on her you tube channel I really think something happened. I don't think she was ever brilliant, or even average as far as intelligence goes but... come on.
    Nah, she's been speaking these nonsensical word salads full of buzz words for YEARS (and most just as bad as the quoted). It's what she does. It is, in fact, all she knows.

EDIT: Coke to Carabas. Keep reading, 'Dox.
    Last edited by Paradox; 09-11-2015 at 12:12 AM.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    So Huckabee somehow thinks the Dred Scott decision is still in effect.
    He thinks he's being cute by saying if SCOTUS can say marriage equality is the law of the land then Dred-Scott is still the law of the land. The thing is, it was the law of the land until nullified by the 14th amendment. I'm sure he knows that just as that other idiot judge who claims he can't grant divorces because he can't define marriage anymore knows it. They're just being assholes.

Congressman Jared Polis (D-CO) believes that even if there is an 80 percent chance that a college student accused of rape is innocent, that student should be expelled.
    I don't understand how schools have any say in investigating crimes on campus. All crimes should be turned over to police and any rulings gone by the court's decisions. If one is worried they can say even people who plea bargain down to "misconduct" should get expelled or something like that.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Michael Stipe is none too pleased with Donald Trump using an R.E.M. song during his presidential campaign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b002d5c0784333
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Maybe the same thing that happened to George W. Bush (who, believe it or not, used to be able to speak in coherent sentences back in the olden days) happened to her?

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    If they don't stand up for the right of white people to break laws they don't agree with, who will?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    If they don't stand up for the right of white people to break laws they don't agree with, who will?
    Yeah, it's a damn dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Jindal attacks Trump as a not serious candidate http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...9FeZ?li=AA54ur

BANNED

David Cameron criticised for saying "People in Yorkshire hate each other."

Prime Minister David Cameron has been heard saying Yorkshire people "hate each other", while rehearsing a speech.

Wearing a microphone but not on camera, he was thought to be rehearsing an answer to a question on devolution and the number of bids from the county.

Ahead of a speech in Leeds, he said: "We just thought people in Yorkshire hated everyone else, we didn't realise they hated each other so much."

Later, Mr Cameron told the BBC's Test Match Special it was "a total joke".

'Absolved'

The prime minister was in Leeds making a speech on the economy.

He was heard speaking to an unidentified male off-stage about the region's devolution proposals.

Mr Cameron was wearing a television microphone when he made the comments but was not aware he was being recorded.

Later he went to Headingley to watch the one-day international between England and Australia.

He told Test Match Special his comments stemmed from the high number of devolution bids entered from across the region.

"I said to an aide that I thought Yorkshiremen had it in for other people rather than each other, clearly as a joke," he said.

Mr Cameron sat with two Yorkshire cricketing legends to watch the match.

The prime minister said: "I've been absolved by two of the greatest living Yorkshiremen; Geoffrey [Boycott] and Dickie Bird both agreed it was a joke."

'Some truth'

West Yorkshire Combined Authority leader, Peter Box, who is involved in the devolution bid from the Leeds City Region, said the prime minister's comments were "amusing".

He added: "There's some truth in it.

"We're quite tribal, we're competitive within Yorkshire, let alone with the rest of the country."

Councillor Judith Blake, Labour leader of Leeds City Council, criticised the prime minister and described Yorkshire people as "the friendliest in the world".

"If Mr Cameron visited Leeds more often, rather than for the occasional political stunt, he'd soon get to know that," she added.
    He's not wrong. Just ask any Sheffielder how they feel about Leeds, or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Michael Stipe is none too pleased with Donald Trump using an R.E.M. song during his presidential campaign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b002d5c0784333
    Michael Stipe is my hero.