Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    Its easier to just call Trump supporters stupid, racists, hillbillies, or nazis. It is liberal elitism at its worst. People in fly over countries are hurting. Big cities get more money for infrastructure, and then liberals like to look down on those they find inferior. They insulted them, or even worse, just ignored them. Being a liberal means you find a way to help your fellow man, even if they may not agree with you. You dont deride them. Guess what. They got tired of your shit and told you to go fuck yourselves. And fellow Democrats told you to fuck off for nominating a quasi-criminal who is so out of touch she decided to have her sexual harrasing husband tag along for speeches. Hillary really thouht she deserved to be president, and the arrogance was amazing. She probably didnt even have a concession speech planned.
    Trump has made it incredibly easy to call his supporters those things.

Fantastic Member

And before I leave and return to the cover contest thread, I'd like to say Mister Mets is one of the best examples of a great poster no matter his political leanings, opinions or party he supports. He always rises to the challenge, he's respectful and always willing to provide evidence, examples, etc when challenged by others. I really got to give him a hand for continuing to be a great poster contributing to political discussions, when much of this forum didn't learn from the forum getting shut down because death threats over a damned comic book cover. It's really the only reason I even made my previous post.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Trump has made it incredibly easy to call his supporters those things.
    They called them that the last cycle, and the one before that.
    Go ahead and keep underestimating them and looking down your nose at them, instead of trying to reach and find out why they voted the way they did. Good idea.

I usually hate Cracked, but goddamn this article puts a lot of shit into persepective. Definite worth a read.
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reason...e-talks-about/
    Wow I haven't liked a cracked article in ages, but he brings up a very good point that a lot of media seem to gloss over. City vs. Rural is a lot more prominent a division than necessarily red state/blue state. I lived in Atlanta for a few years coming from up North and it wasn't all that different from where I grew up in Detroit, different accents and more sweet tea but very similar general views. Rural Georgia felt like I was on another planet, but then again so is rural Michigan to me.

The whole 'one industry' town thing is a very real issue that's not going away and I honestly can't see getting better. Especially combined with his other point on hatred of government reliance. Those industries either aren't coming back, or will never be what they were and it's only going to get worse going forward. While I don't agree with those voters I can understand the desperation.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Its easier to just call Trump supporters stupid, racists, hillbillies, or nazis. It is liberal elitism at its worst. People in fly over countries are hurting. Big cities get more money for infrastructure, and then liber'als like to look down on those they find inferior. They insulted them, or even worse, just ignored them. Being a liberal means you find a way to help your fellow man, even if they may not agree with you. You dont deride them. Guess what. They got tired of your shit and told you to go fuck yourselves. And fellow Democrats told you to fuck off for nominating a quasi-criminal who is so out of touch she decided to have her sexual harassing husband tag along for speeches. Hillary really thought she deserved to be president, and the arrogance was amazing. She probably didnt even have a concession speech planned.
    QFT. The arrogant elitism, spoken from a candidate plagued by various scandals, tainted (fairly or not) by her husband's scandals, in a "change" election was just a poor idea and, as Michael Moore so presciently said: the biggest 'f*** you' ever recorded in human history.

The radical left and the Clinton left have to look into the mirror some and consider how their behavior is turning off some of the working class.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-11-2016 at 08:17 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Yesterday Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) announced his candidacy to be chair of the DNC. Ellison is one of the most humane and decent people in Democratic politics today. When a party is in power, and especially when it holds the presidency, the chair of the DNC largely works for the president. Not technically and not officially, but the President is the head of the party. That person is the one who is in charge. When the party is out of power the DNC chair position is much more consequential. Last night Elizabeth Warren essentially endorsed him. This morning Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) is too. Those are essentially the heads of both wings of the Democratic party at the moment, at least near to being heads of them. Hard to see where that doesn't make Ellison's bid for the position essentially a done deal.
    From TPM's front page.

Frankly, I can't think of a better choice as a statement. Ellison is young, black and muslim. Eloquent and decent.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Apologies to all those conservatives that found it uncomfortable in this thread because they don't like providing fact-based evidence for their statements.

Not Mets. Mets is OK. We've had go 'rounds before but he plays by "the rules".
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Is this attitude what we are going to have to deal with for the ne tv4 years?
    I don't think so. One of the few things that gives me solace is the feeling that he's probably going to hate this job. Apparently he flew back to New York a lot during the campaign, He's going to hate living in Washington, and so is Melania. He's going to hate how hard, isolating, and stressful the job is. He's going to hate the salary, he's going to hate how much the job will age him. Obama's hair was jet black eight years ago, now, salt n' pepper. The media will be all over him if he goes off somewhere most of the time like George W. Did (Hey, WBE, how much time did he spend at that ranch anyway?)

Sure people will work with him and kiss his behind, but they won't be his friends. I don't think he has any, not real ones, not the ones who are willing to tell someone about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    QFT. The arrogant elitism, spoken from a candidate plagued by various scandals, tainted (fairly or not) by her husband's scandals, in a "change" election was just a poor idea and, as Michael Moore so presciently said: the biggest 'f*** you' ever recorded in human history.

The radical left and the Clinton left have to look into the mirror some and consider how their behavior is turning off some of the working class.
    I hope for all our sakes that the working class that was turned off gambled well. Because what happens if Trump fails? Will the F you be worth it then? Will any of them take a step back and admit that they were swept up in the times?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    From TPM's front page.

Frankly, I can't think of a better choice as a statement. Ellison is young, black and muslim. Eloquent and decent.
    Yes, a very solid choice.
    Keep going, Dems.

Yes, a very solid choice.
    Keep going, Dems.
    Dean is also back in the running. Regardless of who wins, the fifty state strategy was absolutely the right one. As we've seen from WBE's profiles, it's alarming how many of these cranks are allowed to run unopposed. I think Ellison is the better choice for Post-Trump America. He's a statement of inclusivity in and of itself that says something about what the party stands for. People have expressed concern that he's a sitting member of congress as DWS was and I think those concerns are understandable. Atm, I lean Ellison.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1...-for-DNC-chair

Warren, Schumer, and Sanders have all endorsed Ellison for new DNC Chair. This is some serious star power in the DNC.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

Yup. And judging by the comments in this thread, her supporters haven't learned a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I don't think so. One of the few things that gives me solace is the feeling that he's probably going to hate this job. Apparently he flew back to New York a lot during the campaign, He's going to hate living in Washington, and so is Melania. He's going to hate how hard, isolating, and stressful the job is. He's going to hate the salary, he's going to hate how much the job will age him. Obama's hair was jet black eight years ago, now, salt n' pepper. The media will be all over him if he goes off somewhere most of the time like George W. Did (Hey, WBE, how much time did he spend at that ranch anyway?)

Sure people will work with him and kiss his behind, but they won't be his friends. I don't think he has any, not real ones, not the ones who are willing to tell someone about themselves.
    Age him?

He will be lucky if it isn't the end of him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Minor effect. Straight ticket voting was also at an all time high, ironically.
    90k in MI didn't vote for either but voted downballot. She lost by 11k.

But stay in the bubble.