Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And if Trump doesn't end up being the nominee... exactly zero of the other GOP candidates have condemned this incident. Their Latino support dwindles even more. Somehow, they have found a way to make their chances of winning a national election even worse.
    Of course the spineless cretins from the clown car haven't condemned what happened. They're scared to death of losing support from their white base because dissing Trump only makes him more popular to the legions of xenophobic mouth breathers who see Trump as the best thing to come down the pike since sliced bread. Blacks are already dead in the eyes of Republicans, and Latinos are not far behind. So much for being the party of inclusion.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Of course the spineless cretins from the clown car haven't condemned what happened. They're scared to death of losing support from their white base because dissing Trump only makes him more popular to the legions of xenophobic mouth breathers who see Trump as the best thing to come down the pike since sliced bread. Blacks are already dead in the eyes of Republicans, and Latinos are not far behind. So much for being the party of inclusion.
    Minorities are invited into the GOP's "big tent", provided they do so understanding they'll be asked to serve cocktails and bus tables.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Big surprise... all of the Planned Parenthood "sting" videos were found to be heavily edited.

Dozens of edits, taking answers out entirely, or adding in words during silence snipped in from other parts of the conversation in a wholly different context.

Collectively, the five videotapes of Planned Parenthood staff have at least 42 splices where content is cut and edited together to make it appear to be a seamless conversation.
    In some cases, these splices completely change the meaning of statements. On one video, a Planned Parenthood staff member’s remarks about lab protocols were edited to make it sound like she was talking about changing abortion procedures. Phrases on the tape were isolated and removed, stringing together unrelated sentences to change the meaning.

Anti-abortion activists used the doctored “quote” to support false claims that she was talking about changing how an abortion would be done, and the “quote” was published by mainstream media as if it were real.
    On one tape, a Planned Parenthood staff member in Colorado says 13 separate times that any arrangements related to fetal tissue donation need to be reviewed by attorneys and follow all laws – and all 13 are edited out of the video.
    On another tape, a Planned Parenthood staff member in Texas says nine separate times that there is no “profit” related to fetal tissue donation – and all nine are edited out of the video.

Big surprise... all of the Planned Parenthood "sting" videos were found to be heavily edited.

Dozens of edits, taking answers out entirely, or adding in words during silence snipped in from other parts of the conversation in a wholly different context.
    I'm sure Gryphon will be along any minute now with the appropriate apologies, etc.

Heh. We'll see.

I wonder how that fact will make the GOP's talk of another government shutdown engineered by Ted Cruz (since the first one went so well) over those videos will go, especially given they continue to insist "there is no war on women".

Heh. We'll see.

I wonder how that fact will make the GOP's talk of another government shutdown engineered by Ted Cruz (since the first one went so well) over those videos will go, especially given they continue to insist "there is no war on women".
    Oh, I'm sure the GOP will go ahead with their grandiose, and foolish plans about the shutdown. Hell, cretins like Cruz will probably still insist that those videos were genuine and not doctored. Why let silly stuff like facts get in the way of a good crusade?

There are perfectly legitimate reasons to be concerned about these matters and their positions are totally understandable because of them! It's just how they think, you know? Insert further apologia of your choice here.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    God bless Mr. Parker for wanting to fight the monster that's the NRA on behalf of his murdered daughter, but he's started a monumental battle that'll make the twelve labors of Hercules look like an afternoon spent cleaning out the garage. It's going to be an uphill fight for him against the NRA, it's legions of lobbyists, the scores of politicians in their back pockets and it's media publicity arm, a.k.a. Faux News. What can one man do against all that? Hell, if Sandy Hook or Aurora couldn't move the needle on enacting meaningful gun control legislation, how can the deaths of two adults change things, even if it had happened on live television? I hope Mr. Parker can pull off the miracle, but I'm doubtful.
    It's basically impossible, as Charles Cooke lays out here in National Review.

So that's why the Obama Administration is attempting an end-around and have the United Nations do it for us. Yeah, it doesn't do much at the moment, but it opens the door to.
    Last edited by macattack; 08-28-2015 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I suspect that if Americans were forced to choose between free speech and the right to bear arms, most would pick the latter. This country and its out of control gun culture is beyond insane.

At this point, I have to post this:

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

"They tell you that there’s a war on women," Carson said while in Little Rock, according to RawStory. "There is no war on women. There may be a war on what’s inside of women, but there is no war on women in this country."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...n-war-on-women

Wtf, Mr. Carson. Just...wtf. There are no words for the continuing batshittery.

Just saw this on Daily Kos, and it's insane:

Normally gerrymandering in a medium-sized town that doesn't even pertain to city council elections would be too down-in-the-weeds, but this story from the Columbia Tribune is too funny to ignore. Self-interested business owners successfully petitioned the Columbia, Missouri, city council to create a local Community Improvement District, which would have the authority to impose a half-cent sales tax increase with voter approval. However, the district lines were drawn in a manner that attempted to avoid containing any eligible voters, meaning that property-owners themselves would get to decide on the sales tax increase as a way to avoid further property taxes to pay for improvements.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...ollege-student

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...n-war-on-women

Wtf, Mr. Carson. Just...wtf. There are no words for the continuing batshittery.
    Inside them. Like blood. Coming out of their...whatever.
    Yeah, I can't even make a joke about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Inside them. Like blood. Coming out of their...whatever.
    Yeah, I can't even make a joke about this one.
    Well I can, because I think that's where your average Lizard People conspiricist believes they are hiding the Lizard People - Inside Women.

I mean it's the best place to hide, the GOP is obsessed with keeping doctors away from there at all costs. With the exception of mothers wishing an abortion of course, they've obviously got a screw loose in the LP-control module so must have a transvaginal sonic probe recalibrate it before they kill the precious lizard life inside them.

Yes I may be going to hell but I figure it's best to make the ride there fun.

So House Speaker John Boehner just said at a Colorado fundraiser, that he likes that Ted Cruz is running for President,

"because it keeps that Jackass out of Washington"

and of course, the Tea-party folks are working themselves into a frenzy over the "disrepect"

amazing, isn't it?
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif