"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

It's just all of this seems sooooooo shortsighted on Republicans, conservatives, thumpers, and all that. What happens after Trump leaves and a Democrat takes over? How can you ever convince anyone of ever taking you seriously again or trying to make a case against something when you so thoroughly supported or ignored the same act committed by Trump? All you got is a dying audience and super crazies, which aren't really a reliable audience. I just don't get it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It's just all of this seems sooooooo shortsighted on Republicans, conservatives, thumpers, and all that. What happens after Trump leaves and a Democrat takes over? How can you ever convince anyone of ever taking you seriously again or trying to make a case against something when you so thoroughly supported or ignored the same act committed by Trump? All you got is a dying audience and super crazies, which aren't really a reliable audience. I just don't get it.
    I suspect all they care about is the short term rush of being in power, of controlling all three branches of government, not to mention the golden opportunity of robbing the country blind, and once that ride is over, they'll abandon ship like nobody's business. In the case of the Republicans in Congress, chances are a goodly portion of them will retire once their terms are up and either slink off into retirement with fat pension checks, or become Washington lobbyists and continue screwing over the country from outside.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Really? I've never confused being generally progressive with being completely anti-racist. I've seen too many conditional "allies" to believe that.

Lots and lots of people talk a good game until you're buying a house in *their* neighborhoods or dating their children.
    oh most definitely, certainly understand that

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli sentenced to 7 years in jail for defrauding investors.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli sentenced to 7 years in jail for defrauding investors.
    I heard. I also heard he was crying during the sentencing and even his lawyer admitting he wanted to punch him.

Is he going to the big house or some country club lockup for high rollers who behaved badly? If it's the former, Pharma Bro won't last a month in general population, and that's a generous estimate.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Is he going to the big house or some country club lockup for high rollers who behaved badly? If it's the former, Pharma Bro won't last a month in general population, and that's a generous estimate.
    I'm thinking any preferential treatment would depend on his good behavior.

And we are talking about Martin Shkreli.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Nobody has taken them seriously in ages except on the few points rightwing single-issue voters live for.

The real question about what happens when Democrats take over again is how are Democrats going to make anybody in the whole wide world take the USA seriously again when everybody knows they're one bad election away from president Alex Jones.

I'm thinking any preferential treatment would depend on his good behavior.

And we are talking about Martin Shkreli.
    If that's the case, then Big Bubba's gonna get himself a new girlfriend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    white collar criminals typically go to minimum security aka country club lockup

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I heard an interview on NPR the other day with a life long democrat, who's now a full on Trump supporter.

She's out trying to convert anyone who will listen. She's, I mean, apparently a life long democrat, but it boiled down to immigration. She just wants all the immigrants out. Dreamers need to go back where they come from. She didn't sound much like a democrat, to me.

It was really disgusting. I had to turn it off after a few minutes, honestly.
    Illegal or undocumented immigrants I think you left out. Many Democrats remember when there was no Democrat messaging about being against or thwarting immigration enforcement.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-09-2018 at 01:07 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Beastie's Cartoon of the Week:

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Lloyd Blankfein, leaving Goldman:
    Lloyd Blankfein, one of Wall Street's most powerful players, is reportedly preparing to step down from his perch at Goldman Sachs as soon as the end of the year.

Blankfein has led Goldman Sachs for the past dozen years, guiding the investment bank back to success after a near-death experience during the financial crisis.

The 63-year-old will be leaving on his own terms, The Wall Street Journal reported. Blankfein will probably retire ahead of the bank's 150th anniversary in 2019, or early that year, the paper reported.
    Even though he supported Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election, Blankfein recently told CNN the economy is "higher" under Trump than if Clinton had won.
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/09/inve...chs/index.html
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-09-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I heard an interview on NPR the other day with a life long democrat, who's now a full on Trump supporter.

She's out trying to convert anyone who will listen. She's, I mean, apparently a life long democrat, but it boiled down to immigration. She just wants all the immigrants out. Dreamers need to go back where they come from. She didn't sound much like a democrat, to me.

It was really disgusting. I had to turn it off after a few minutes, honestly.
    These are the same people like Chuck Schumer who thinks the Palestinians deserve whats happening to them, because of reasons.
    I get that having a D in power is much better overall. But we need to start looking at these D's a lot closer.

Schumer Denounced for 'Absolutely Disgusting' AIPAC Speech
    "At AIPAC, Democrats try to outdo Trump in their devotion to Israel's oppression of Palestinians."

BANNED

These are the people who support Trump. These are the people we have to defeat.