Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh you know what? Let's just add to today's insanity!

Let's meet Maine GOP state congressional candidate, Leslie Gibson, who wanted on a crazy rant, attacking one of the survivors of the Parkland shooting.

See, this is why you got to run somebody EVERYWHERE!
    There's still 3 days left to register on the ballot, and someone in District 57 looking for a job can get hers, feasibly.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Some analyst or journalist on NPR this morning put it best: A year in now, Trump feels more comfortable in the role and is dropping some people that he conservatively relied on during a time when he felt out of his depth.
    Let's assume that's "true", how will this help the situation? You are bringing on a completely different person that OTHER countries have not build a relationship with. World leaders have gotten to know or at least, spend some time with Rex. How does throwing out the work he's done with building relationships with other countries for someone brand new help anything? If Trump truly thought this through, he would have had Pompeo slowly transition in and have Rex work with him to get him to know the details of the new job. But no, Rex LITERALLY found out via a tweet about being fired.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 03-13-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Mighty Member

It's wild to me watching people think there is any hope of Lamb winning in PA today. I mean, I hope he does, but all these special elections in deep red areas, the pubs have been winning them all, almost. I mean, Roy Moore even got kinda close when it shoulda been landslide given the whole pedophile thing.

Wrong thread!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-13-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    It's wild to me watching people think there is any hope of Lamb winning in PA today. I mean, I hope he does, but all these special elections in deep red areas, the pubs have been winning them all, almost. I mean, Roy Moore even got kinda close when it shoulda been landslide given the whole pedophile thing.
    It would be great if he won, but it is still a win if he makes it a close race. The closer the better.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The "In The District" context here is "Night"/"Day" versus what happened in Alabama. While I don't think it's a lock, that context works against this particular Republican.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Kushner is doing the State Department's job anyway! He and Ivanka got this.
    Isn't that why the Ambassador to Mexico quit? Because Jared's been down there undercutting her?

I don't know....last night they were saying that Lamb has been leading in the polls. If anything, it made the RNC spend 10 million there on what should have been a shoe in.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't know....last night they were saying that Lamb has been leading in the polls. If anything, it made the RNC spend 10 million there on what should have been a shoe in.
    Yeah but that's what has happened in all of them. Polls suggest dem winner, RNC pumps a **** ton of cash and then Pence and/or Trump robo call or stump in the area, pub wins, everything stays the same...which is generally shitty and bigot-y.

Again, as with all this bullshit, I hope I'm wrong. I will always eat crow with a smile on my face if it means one less Trump bootlicker in a leadership role.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Which by the way....imagine the right wing meltdown if in the span of a couple weeks Obama had mentioned both "taking guns away first, due process later" and that "maybe the US should give the whole lifetime presidency thing a shot some day".

I do love that the things the right wingers were afraid of from Obama are being bandied about by Trump.
    Well, in right wingers' defense: They knew that Obama meant what he said. They also know that Trump more often than not does not.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    We should set up a dead pool to see who gets the chop next from Trump's White House. Here's my candidates:

Betsy DeVos: After Sunday's disastrous 60 Minutes meltdown, Daffy D is the leader in the clubhouse and only one bad interview away from a pink slip. Her rampant stupidity was on full display that night.
    Ben Carson: Dr. Don't Know's office design debacle put him in a bad light, but would Dolt45 have the balls to shitcan the administration's only token (not that black people would care, in our eyes, Carson is a major sellout)?
    Jared Kushner: If He Went To Jared wasn't married to Ivanka, he might already have been axed. While I'm at it, is Ms. Complicit on steady ground in the WH? You can never tell with Trump.

Who's your choices?
    Zinke can let the expensive door he got him in the ass on this way out.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I can't answer the first but the answer to the second is not just yes, but Hell Yes. Expect a lawsuit (or at least threats of one) that basically says 'State's Rights' are for conservatives only.

That, more than anything else, is why I am no longer a registered Republican. Hypocrisy has stopped being something to hide and has instead become a badge of honor for my former party.
    I was figuring on Walker from Wisconsin to start up something when this gets on the ballot, which I think it will given the fact that it would help the southern part of the state which is farming, and the northern half dealing with drug related issues, as it could lead to something like what they have in California in regard to offenders being released. Not suprising, local loony running for office, Jenne Ives probably will have something very loud to say about it should she get the nominiation on the R side of things, which I really hope she doesn't. At least, with Rauner, I know he's not AS insane as she is.

I don't know why....rural Indiana is full of meth labs. We've had some from Illinois come here and then OD. Recently they found 2 dead at a gas station and the car had Illinois plates. How many people have OD'd on weed?
    Not many, unless they lace it with something else. On the plus side it would be regulated and tested before being put on market and such, ala cigarettes. Now all we have to worry about is Indiana and Wisconsin pulling something that would make it harder in some way or another. I'm looking up north rather then across the lake as Wisconsin seems to be more active in the "issues" department, and Indiana is more "we'll do it even when you're not looking" and doesn't warn us of it.

She definitely had the deer in the headlights look and Lesley was the 18 wheeler coming at her.
    Good Analogy. I was thinking more a raccoon that had just discovered it had walked into a mountain lion's den, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Fired for showing vague signs of at least pretending to do your job... That's harsh.
    I swear he's still waiting for the cameras to zoom in on him and the music to swell.

Also, that dude sure is a snowflake, considering he calls for, y'know, extermination of races and such.

Not really sure what the point of fighting these guys is at this point. America already belongs to the racists.
    1. Of course he is, where have you been ZombieHavoc? He's always been a snowflake, the dudes a flake no matter which way you slice it.

2. Not true, the vast majority of people are against racism, it's the vocal hold outs that tend to be the problem. Given that more and more people are protesting and what not, I don't think they are winning.

Isn't that why the Ambassador to Mexico quit? Because Jared's been down there undercutting her?
    Yeah I think I remember reading about that. She felt like he was impeding her job as well.

And with Tillerson gone we're going to have more of an issue with Japan, given that they're feeling sidelined in all this, and what happens when you sideline Japan's politics, they start to get annoyed and it turns into a rather messy situation.

https://japantoday.com/category/poli...ned-on-n.korea

Oh and they're also insisting on the whole missing person issue too.

https://japantoday.com/category/poli...-N-Korea-talks

Not to mention the scandal going on over there with PM. Abe's wife and all. That's still messy and making for large drama.

https://japantoday.com/category/poli...to-abe-scandal

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Let's assume that's "true", how will this help the situation? You are bringing on a completely different person that OTHER countries have not build a relationship with. World leaders have gotten to know or at least, spend some time with Rex. How does throwing out the work he's done with building relationships with other countries for someone brand new help anything? If Trump truly thought this through, he would have had Pompeo slowly transition in and have Rex work with him to get him to know the details of the new job. But no, Rex LITERALLY found out via a tweet about being fired.
    Not to mention that many countrie, from Iran to Germany, know that the CIA actively worked against them and worked to spy on them. So making a CIA director the new top diplomat is... not good. Not smart. Not helpful.

Hillary was right!

Yeah but that's what has happened in all of them. Polls suggest dem winner, RNC pumps a **** ton of cash and then Pence and/or Trump robo call or stump in the area, pub wins, everything stays the same...which is generally shitty and bigot-y.

Again, as with all this bullshit, I hope I'm wrong. I will always eat crow with a smile on my face if it means one less Trump bootlicker in a leadership role.
    You'd think Trump could have kept the long knives in the drawer for a few hours until the polls close for that special election, instead of reminding people of just how unstable this administration is, and how baldy it needs to be checked and balanced by a Democratic congress.

Hillary was right!

Well, we got a decent opponent. Lamb is an ex-Marine and former US assistant so that should have some appeal to those who are getting tired of Trump's act.