Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I dont know what you mean with big words but ok, comedy is subjective.

While i dont find the joke funny other people might.
    How is "Death to Jews" subjectively funny?
    I mean, to any decent person?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    ...because...they're bigots.
    And Bingo was his name-o.

Btw I am really interested on the whole thing of Mexico buying corn from other countries, i am trying to calculate if it would be beneficial for them or not, i was wondering if you guys could help me, i looking for the cost of a sack/cost of production of corn in United States but I cant find any recent price, i only find prices from 2014-5, so yeah it would be very helpful if anyone knew about it, thanks
    Its traded as a commodity (such as oil, cotton, and coffee). The US is the highest producer of corn in the world and is responsible for almost half of corn exports in the world. Basically the US is the Saudi Arabia of corn. Being the largest producer and exporter the US basically sets the price of corn. Also to point out that Brazil the second higher producer of corn does not even produce a third of what the US does will not be able to keep up with the demand which can drive the price up further for Mexico.

The Irony of it, IF (and that is a big if) Mexico causes a slow down in production of corn the prices will go up. Also 75% of farm workers are Mexican born so a slow down would also put a lot of them out of work. Many of those farm workers send money back to their families in Mexico, removing money from the Mexican economy (it is estimated that Mexican workers send over 23 billion $$ to Mexico from the US) . For Mexico to not buy corn from the US will hurt it's economy more than the US economy as the US will widen its market shares to the countries that will be left out when countries like Brazil try to keep up with Mexican demand.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 02-14-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    How is "Death to Jews" subjectively funny?
    I mean, to any decent person?

And Bingo was his name-o.
    I dont think generalizing people is the way to go, the article from tye BBc talks about a comedian who make jewish jokes, does the people who attend there hates jews?

There is also cases in south america where comedians use a lot of vulgarity and profanaty to tell jokes, and the people from there are the kindest i have ever know.

I dont think generalizing people is the way to go, the article from tye BBc talks about a comedian who make jewish jokes, does the people who attend there hates jews?

There is also cases in south america where comedians use a lot of vulgarity and profanaty to tell jokes, and the people from there are the kindest i have ever know.
    Oh my.
    I have to head off to work right now, so I don't have the time to explain to you why you are confused.
    Maybe someone else will explain it to you if I cannot in time.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Are all his frogs called Pepe?
    Bear witness....

BANNED

ah yes Alex Jones

the guy who turns Barney purple when screaming about gay frogs and how Sandy Hook was manufactured

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Oh my.
    I have to head off to work right now, so I don't have the time to explain to you why you are confused.
    Maybe someone else will explain it to you if I cannot in time.
    Dont get me wrong i know there is people in those crowds who are actually racist or vulgar but saying that all of them are does no work.

Also have a good day at work

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Perhaps Trump didn't want to admit he made a mistake with Flynn who might still be around if he hadn't fallen on his sword, because I'm not sure Cheeto Jesus would've said those legendary words to him: "You're fired".
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Been wondering about this

'Give Us Your Passwords': What happens if border agents are allowed to demand access to your phone and online accounts—and turn you away if you don’t comply?

The Fourth Amendment protects people from unreasonable search and seizure—and even though the government has considerably more leeway to conduct searches at the border than it does anywhere else, federal judges have maintained that searches at the border still need to be “reasonable.”

“While the reasonable-suspicion standard for a border search is pretty low, it would at least preclude a blanket rule that every traveler disclose their passwords to online material and services,” said Al Gidari, the director of privacy at the Stanford Center for Internet and Society.

But because rules around border searches are murky, customs agents have asked for—or even demanded—social-media information and passwords in the past.
    The law hasn't caught up with this, but it should. It's one thing to look at a person's public social media sites, it's another to get their passwords. Then, if you don't hand over your password, what happens?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

so now the narrative is not that Flynn may have broken the law, but that it leaked out

so there's that

I dont know what you mean with big words but ok, comedy is subjective.

While i dont find the joke funny other people might.
    Black comedy is an art, like all comedy. "Jews, am I right?" is the artistic equivalent of a coloring book where you only have one crayon and can't stay inside the lines. Which is to say not art, and not comedy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    so now the narrative is not that Flynn may have broken the law, but that it leaked out

so there's that
    The narrative is so weak, though, that Matt Lauer - Matt fricken Lauer! - destroyed Kellyanne today.
    This will not go away. Questions will persist.

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

I gave you a link that explained why "Death to Jews, lolz" is a dangerous thing, because it helps to normalize the idea of it.

Did you not read it at all?

Do you understand why this is a problem?

If people get desensitized to the idea that it's ok to make these kind of comments?

Should I re-link you to that article?

BANNED

Also, journalists on twitter are already finding the angle that Trump can't complain about leakers with a straight face while turning a public dining room into the situation room and using an unprotected android phone.

Swear words make me stronger.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."