BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So...libertarian party looking really good right now
    Gary Johnson is a great candidate. Wants to keep politics out of the bedroom and pocketbook. As governor he was pro civil liberties in areas such as gay marriage and marijuana long before it was politically fashionable to be so unlike certain pandering politicians who only take stands when polling says its safe too. *cough* Hilary *cough* The most recent polling has him at 13% nationally which is great since some polls only ask big two and don't include third party candidates like Johnson and Stein. If he can get to 15% in polling, he's up from 9% just a month ago, he gets a seat at the debate tables. While I don't think he can win he could do major damage to the evil big two candidates and make inroads for whomever the libertarian candidate in 2020 is. #NeverTrump #NeverClinton

BANNED

I do not condone the violence against police, but Im not exactly weeping either

One accepts an inherent risk when you CHOOSE to put on that badge

Tamir Rice, Trayvon Martin, Erik Garner did not CHOOSE to be black, they were seen as threats by a broken system and are now dead because of people with badges and in Trayvons case, one who wishes he had a badge

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

Tamir Rice, Trayvon Martin, Erik Garner did not CHOOSE to be black, they were seen as threats by a broken system and are now dead because of people with badges and in Trayvons case, one who wishes he had a badge
    There is a distinct difference between being killed in the line of duty, and being specifically targeted - ambushed. So now the problems of overuse of force by some Police Officers is being complicated by Police Officers being directly attacked.

Remember, in Dallas a mother was shot as she watched police officers, who were trying to protect her and her son, being shot and killed.

In LA, one of the three Officers killed was Black.

It has definitely complicated the issues and made the situation much more dangerous all around.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

agreed, those trying to make it a clear cut situation are ill informed

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post

The fact people can just say things like that and act like there is nothing wrong with doing so is just flat out disturbing.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    The fact people can just say things like that and act like there is nothing wrong with doing so is just flat out disturbing.
    and even get reelected

and even get reelected
    and probably be more popular after saying it

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    and probably be more popular after saying it
    Half the state absolutely hates this guy but his district is gerrymandered to encompass a huge swath of rural voters. The vast majority of Iowans live in Linn, Johnson, Scott, Blackhawk, and Polk counties. Iowa changing from five to four districts and Bruce Braley giving up his seat to take a run at the senate basically screwed us.

Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-18-2016 at 05:27 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Just because they accept a risk doesn't mean killing them is more acceptable or that it's not sad when they die. It is unfair that black men are targeted because of something they didn't chose, but it's always worth pointing out that these officers targeted at random had nothing to do with that. They're just victims of people assigning collective guilt, the same thing that leads to profiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The majority of the party doesn't want Trump. The party leaders don't care and are forcing him in despite attempts to block him.....so much for him being the "anti establishment candidate"
    you make no sense. the party doesnt want him but they care less and thus forcing him to accept the nomination. that is some classic contradiction.

One accepts an inherent risk when you CHOOSE to put on that badge Tamir Rice, Trayvon Martin, Erik Garner did not CHOOSE to be black, they were seen as threats by a broken system and are now dead because of people with badges and in Trayvons case, one who wishes he had a badge
    you forgot Laquan McDonald and Freddie Grey. which the fourth officer was found not guilty by a black judge in Grey's death. so either prosecution didn't have a case or the judge is paid off. take your pick.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    you make no sense. the party doesnt want him but they care less and thus forcing him to accept the nomination. that is some classic contradiction.

you forgot Laquan McDonald and Freddie Grey. which the fourth officer was found not guilty by a black judge in Grey's death. so either prosecution didn't have a case or the judge is paid off. take your pick.
    No, what I said was that the party in general doesn't want him but the leaders are ignoring the rest of the party, They are forcing him on the party as the nominee

The J-man

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The inherent risk that comes from being a police officer is one thing, being intentionally targeted by madmen is another thing altogether, and I hate that with a passion. Cops don't CHOOSE to have bullseyes painted on their backs and be ruthlessly cut down because of the actions of a few bad apples who either lack proper training, discipline, temperament or all three. I once had a neighbor who was a cop, and he told me horror stories about the beat he patrolled in one of the nastier neighborhoods in town, and I generally marveled at how he managed to make it home safe and sound every night. Bottom line, I mourn for cops who no more deserved to die than did Rice, Martin or Garner.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The inherent risk that comes from being a police officer is one thing, being intentionally targeted by madmen is another thing altogether, and I hate that with a passion. Cops don't CHOOSE to have bullseyes painted on their backs and be ruthlessly cut down because of the actions of a few bad apples who either lack proper training, discipline, temperament or all three. I once had a neighbor who was a cop, and he told me horror stories about the beat he patrolled in one of the nastier neighborhoods in town, and I generally marveled at how he managed to make it home safe and sound every night. Bottom line, I mourn for cops who no more deserved to die than did Rice, Martin or Garner.
    fair point